Flash Spiral Clicker [v0.47 Public] [Changer]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
ive finally got the game to download, but is there really no way to keep saves?
From the looks of it, it depends on how you run it. I ran it using Adobe's standalone player for Flash and it saved. Somebody else reported it not saving, but didn't state how they ran it.

Darkwood II

May 21, 2018
From the looks of it, it depends on how you run it. I ran it using Adobe's standalone player for Flash and it saved. Somebody else reported it not saving, but didn't state how they ran it.
i ran in explorer at first but that didnt work so i ran it in the standalone but it still doesnt save

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
i ran in explorer at first but that didnt work so i ran it in the standalone but it still doesnt save
That's odd. I just closed the copy of it I had running in the background and reopened it, and it reloaded right back where it was. I'm using the most recent standalone available from Adobe.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Closed out of the game and it didn't save my progress. Soooo... no thanks nice try. gg
There are multiple reasons that might happen. One is that your browser might not be saving cookies; especially if you have an addon that deletes cached data or are in incognito mode. Another possible reason for it not saving your progress could be that you had been playing very rapidly and did not stay on a single screen for longer than ten seconds during your session, as I have it designed to auto-save once every ten seconds and changing screens messes with that. (it does not auto-save on the mind break scenes though)

amanda12

Oct 4, 2017
In case anyone's wondering, there's no nudity in this version (should there be a non-nude tag or something?). Decompiled the SWF, there's a few risque pics but nothing downright lewd that I could find. Didn't want anyone to waste time grinding levels just to find out there's not much of a payoff yet. These types of games are fun in their own way, looking forward to future updates.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I really like the art in this one. I hope it gets racier in further updates.

The clicker mechanics are a little slow, the pacing doesn't really make sense because you need to keep coming back to refresh the spiral spin speed, but even if you keep clicking frequently new stuff doesn't unlock very quickly. It would be nice if there was something worth working on at any given stage.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
I really like the art in this one. I hope it gets racier in further updates.

The clicker mechanics are a little slow, the pacing doesn't really make sense because you need to keep coming back to refresh the spiral spin speed, but even if you keep clicking frequently new stuff doesn't unlock very quickly. It would be nice if there was something worth working on at any given stage.
Yeah, I've had limited feedback on how the game's pacing feels so far, but I am planning to improve the pacing in the next update after getting feedback from a variety of players.

amanda12

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, I've had limited feedback on how the game's pacing feels so far, but I am planning to improve the pacing in the next update after getting feedback from a variety of players.
I think (at least from my perspective) the wait between successfully completing a...mind break?...on a girl and when the game gets back into a controllable state is pretty long. After the first few levels, you know what's going to happen. If I can do a mindbreak in 10s or so, I shouldn't have to wait another 5s to start another level. Just my 2 cents though :D

I've found it super easy to get all the girls (IE buy them), but painfully tedious to get them up to level 75. There also isn't any indication that level 75 is the last content level (I'm really just guessing at it myself). Maybe have the CG's on the right black with a lock symbol and the level needed to unlock them, that way we'd know if we're close, or if there's anything left to go. Once you unlock all the cg's, there's really no point in progressing with the girl.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
I think (at least from my perspective) the wait between successfully completing a...mind break?...on a girl and when the game gets back into a controllable state is pretty long. After the first few levels, you know what's going to happen. If I can do a mindbreak in 10s or so, I shouldn't have to wait another 5s to start another level. Just my 2 cents though :D

I've found it super easy to get all the girls (IE buy them), but painfully tedious to get them up to level 75. There also isn't any indication that level 75 is the last content level (I'm really just guessing at it myself). Maybe have the CG's on the right black with a lock symbol and the level needed to unlock them, that way we'd know if we're close, or if there's anything left to go. Once you unlock all the cg's, there's really no point in progressing with the girl.
Yeah, i can edit the length of time the screen lingers after the mind break.

I did change it so that the number of outfits that can be unlocked is shown, and grayed out boxes appear for each CG, but those fixes are only available in the patron release and not the copies the thread creator made since I updated the patron release with some tweaks since the time that the thread had been made.

Reactions: amanda12

DoctorSnow

Oct 7, 2017
I was hesitant to play this game as I saw a lot of negative feedback, but after playing it I can say I loved it. Sure it goes from fast to slow but most clicker games do, if that's a problem you have with this game, then thats a problem with clicker games in general, a prestige system is usually implemented to help with that but I don't think that's the best idea as it usually encourages microtransactions. Some of the girls/outfits were astounding and I really hope the devs plan to add more, and idk if sexual content is planned but it wouldn't bother me either way. Also just a slight nod to the devs for using bright colours so we don't have to look at ourselves, even on mobiles (that ones creepy af). Overall just looking forward to more content from this and gonna keep my eye on it.

Also bug just wanted to say when I unlocked helen her 2nd outfit was available already even though it said Outfits: 1 I could change between the 2. And might I say.... her second outfit.... :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Talink

asdfuvxx

Aug 30, 2018
It's definitely a good start, and should be a fun game once there's more content.
I think the flat WPS from the girls is way too low right now, it has basically no effect after a certain point.
I also think that giving the girl's abilities an associated number so you can tell how far you've advanced it (like, "Rank 2/5") would be helpful.
As it stands the biggest flaw in the game is that it doesn't really feel like you're hypnotizing the girls because there's so little feedback. There needs to be dialogue at every 5 or 10 levels, not every 25.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Thanks, and I'll look into that bug with Helen's outfits.

I am planning to keep adding more content; there is sexual content planned, and in the live updates version "naked" as a costume was added, and two naked CGs have been added so far. I am not sure on a prestige system yet; as it does tend to be more for microtransaction encouragement. I am thinking though that I might do a half-way prestige system if I can figure out a balance that takes advantage of the reset's pacing improvement while not making it frustrating.

I am planning to write more dialogue and space it better. I actually had the idea to include dialogue late in the dev cycle, so I only had time to write a few. The next version will have many more conversations to unlock for each girl, with fairly consistent pacing that will hopefully also better match the pacing of outfit and CG unlocks.

Reactions: DoctorSnow

shintopu

Jul 24, 2018
Total levels: 708
Girls unlocked: 5
max spiral power: 99.22k
total bonus: 30%
mouse power: 13.44k
total bonus: 0% (bugged?)

Upgrade spiral: Costs 510.95T
Upgrade mouse: costs 226.3T

Helen: level 51, 3 outfits, 0 pics
Crystal: level 61, 4 outfits, 0 pics
Amber: level 68, 4 outifts, 1 pic
Erika: level 207, 4 outifts, 4 pics
Tammy: level 113, 3 outfits, 3 pics
Sally: level 210, 4 outifts, 2 pics

That's all I've got so far.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, the mouse bonus was bugged. I have no idea why or how but the value of the mouse bonus was being added to the spiral bonus, then was displaying as zero. I fixed it since it was first reported, though I have no idea why or how the fix even worked since the bug shouldn't have been occurring in the first place according to the code. XD

Yesterday I tweaked the unlock levels to smooth progression out better and reduced the HP growth for Amber and Helen. These changes will all be visible tomorrow when I post the public release. I think, from the sounds of it, the first post still contains the version I first uploaded for patrons before fixing bugs and tweaking based on feedback.

Reactions: amanda12

MoralBlackHole

Aug 9, 2017
Yeah, the mouse bonus was bugged. I have no idea why or how but the value of the mouse bonus was being added to the spiral bonus, then was displaying as zero. I fixed it since it was first reported, though I have no idea why or how the fix even worked since the bug shouldn't have been occurring in the first place according to the code. XD

Yesterday I tweaked the unlock levels to smooth progression out better and reduced the HP growth for Amber and Helen. These changes will all be visible tomorrow when I post the public release. I think, from the sounds of it, the first post still contains the version I first uploaded for patrons before fixing bugs and tweaking based on feedback.
Awesome! Really enjoy clickers, and the dearth of NSFW Clickers (even bad ones) means Spiral caught my eye. I think the art is top notch and the gameplay is a little basic, but rewarding enough in it's own way. The version posted here highlighted a number of porblems which youo seem to have resolved, so I'll be eagerly awaiting your next public release!

GachaSalt

Jul 9, 2018
not sure if its just a bug on my end or if its something not implemented yet... When someone is talking, i dont see the text

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
The official release is up. So, if you guys want to play the game after the tweaks, bug fixes, and adjustments for feedback you can check it out here:

not sure if its just a bug on my end or if its something not implemented yet... When someone is talking, i dont see the text
It might be that the bottom of the game screen is cropped on your screen. You might try to change your resolution, or open the game in a browser and use ctrl - to resize it.
Is Mrs. Erickson in this?
She is not, Crystal is though. I'm not decided yet on if I will ask Zko to use Ms. Erikson or not. I am figuring I will at least first get a few other cameo characters done before starting to ask for second cameos from the same people. xD

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes