Ren'Py Southern Nights [Development Thread]

Are you going to play the game in the FEMALE MC route?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2020
Been a couple weeks but have a small update:

- Front yard has been opened up. There's a screen now for it and Sarah can be there. Reason for this was the combo on the location for characters - got tired of it (ex. front yard/front porch when they're 2 locations in my character class). Renders for the backyard with the same are there but code hasn't been written yet.

- New character intro has been FINISHED with renders, and gallery/masturbation scenes have been added. This story line adds 2 things to your inventory - need to decide later on what to do with those 2 items (you'll see in a later release). The intro has a few naughty animations but it's mostly to break some ice for the new character and how Sarah understands you. The new character will be around but in hiding until I figure out how to bring her back in for another kinky adventure. Also with this don't expect it to be separate between MCs. It's generic enough there were no differences except the script.

- New minigame that replaced Battleships is about 50% complete. All main mechanics and stills have been completed. Need to do the results and animations/stills for win/loss and kinky stuff. Do you guys want to see it? Let me know and I will post a vid. The rpy file for this minigame is approaching 700 lines of code and has a good bit of complication to it however its intention is to be simple/fun to the user and setup for kinkiness later.

EDIT
- Sarah 'Call' is back - part of reason for the split in locations above. It's limited though so if she's not around in certain areas, you will not be able to 'call' her. Look for the lips at the top of the UI.

- other smaller things with renders, cleanup, backups, code mods, etc. have been done as well in progression towards a stable game.

TL/DR I'm busting my ass.

Hit me up today if you want me to post a vid of the 'new' game. You guys should realize what it is when you see the minigame - I still may add Battleship later since......

it only took me a few days to write, render, and test this minigame.

1708728259743.png

anyway - this is also a reminder I can't add any vanilla just yet because the story needs to progress before the characters start interacting (just about every game is like this) fuck that - they will be added whenever it seems right.. Please be patient. I plan to release again when that stuff is fleshed out. Taking a break for the weekend.

*EDITED*

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
I cannot and will not ever know what's going on with you... but I think you need a hug.
So, you know... here's a huge one: (づ ᴗ _ᴗ)づ♡
And know that we watersports fans greatly appreciate what you're trying to do for us all.
I appreciate it Wooloomooloo. I got a little tipsy last night. I probably should leave my electronics off if I'm going to drink. Shame on me. I was overwhelmed with a bunch of stuff this week and thought writing something on here would be a good idea but sober me realized that it's probably a bad idea. In any case thank you. Going to lock up the electronics next time. :hugs: right back at you.

Jun 5, 2020
Still working on the event I mentioned earlier. I have a few renders made for the aunt though. I did get another card but it's used so we'll see how that goes. So far it's sped up renders but I'm having stability issues and having to work around them.

Fixed/added:
- A lot of navigation bugs
- a few things with the flow of the new minigame
- made some other renders for navigation
- probably more but I can't remember since this event is taking a while

I need to:

- Finish new dreamscape event with renders (there's a good bit of animations with this)
- Finish aunt intro with renders
- Fix a few walking places in the game so they have content
- Finish minigames - LBMG needs a couple things and the new one needs renders

Release design changes (what you can expect):

- You will need to bump Sarah up of course or YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY EVENTS
- Dreamscapes may be limited to releases depending on workflow (you may see only 1 per release - if I go crazy maybe more)
- Dreamscapes defer from the normal Southern Nights' world so expect them to be wild and to the point.
- Design may change at my whim but should be able to do this from now on
- TOD, triggers, etc. are still there
- Working on easter eggs for you guys that aren't obvious like vibrator and magazine for example, but not in the next release.
- A new character that is a companion along your way in this game. There's one for Thirsty Stories so might as well.
- Some aspects of scenes may take a FIRST PERSON perspective with limited 3rd person perspective - this is to help me with models so I don't have to change them out between the male and female MCs all the time. It's still a pain in the ass but will/may differ from what you normally see in a VN - including the minigames.
- New warnings when game starts that I wanted to add

I'm 90% done with the new event but it still needs 2 animations and some trickery done to it plus an ending for it that involves Sarah. Once I can say this is done then I'll move on to wrapping up the aunt scene with all its renders. After that the odds and ends with navigation and minigames.

Shouldn't have much else to do for this release after that but wanted to let you guys know this is taking a lot of time unfortunately. Once you see and get to play the events I've added, I think it'll be worth it.

*important*
- I've added some music to certain places in the game (a couple are mine) - please remember to have the volume on because some of the music match/compliment events and scenes.
- USE YOUR STATS PAGE - There's messages on there that will help progress Sarah and trigger events.

May work on it some more this weekend but may take a break. Just wanted to give you guys something in case I don't.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
And when do you think will your new update ready to play for us?
At the rate I'm going, probably in a month or two unfortunately. The entire game needs renders. The whole point to outside of the dreamscape was to build characters up and have different scenes depending on levels. Same goes for the minigames. Once that is all done I will be comfortable with a release.

I honestly may have it in quicker because of the new card. I'll know more when I get these main events knocked out.

Reactions: Yodasy and darlic

Yodasy

Jun 27, 2017
At the rate I'm going, probably in a month or two unfortunately. The entire game needs renders. The whole point to outside of the dreamscape was to build characters up and have different scenes depending on levels. Same goes for the minigames. Once that is all done I will be comfortable with a release.

I honestly may have it in quicker because of the new card. I'll know more when I get these main events knocked out.
No problem. take all the time you need!

Reactions: Woodland Nomad
Jun 5, 2020
Dreamscape fantasy scene is complete. Game sits at 2.07 GBs. 16 animations - some are composites (need others to complete the scene) for this Dreamscape scene and some stills. I'm too excited to share anything about this right now. Just know, it's a fun, REPEATABLE (masturbation gallery already added and tested), scene. This Dreamscape has MALE and FEMALE changes so play through both.

This game now includes animated vanilla sex scenes.

Now on to the aunt tomorrow. I have to complete the downstairs bathroom level up scenes as well. Sarah gets a little naughtier with her level up. Minigames, odds and ends, and maybe 1 more short Dreamscape.

Yodasy the tickling is on the list - I may have time for it in this release, I may not. I may set the structure for it so I can get it naughtier later on but you can still expect it.

Probably need a good PC to run the game at this point. Not kidding.

Reactions: Yodasy

Yodasy

Jun 27, 2017
Dreamscape fantasy scene is complete. Game sits at 2.07 GBs. 16 animations - some are composites (need others to complete the scene) for this Dreamscape scene and some stills. I'm too excited to share anything about this right now. Just know, it's a fun, REPEATABLE (masturbation gallery already added and tested), scene. This Dreamscape has MALE and FEMALE changes so play through both.

This game now includes animated vanilla sex scenes.

Now on to the aunt tomorrow. I have to complete the downstairs bathroom level up scenes as well. Sarah gets a little naughtier with her level up. Minigames, odds and ends, and maybe 1 more short Dreamscape.

Yodasy the tickling is on the list - I may have time for it in this release, I may not. I may set the structure for it so I can get it naughtier later on but you can still expect it.

Probably need a good PC to run the game at this point. Not kidding.
Good to know, keep it up, I can't wait to play it.

Jun 5, 2020
aunt renders are done and story has been wrote for lesbian MC - it's kind of short but it works never mind I added another naughty thing....on to the male side next week then a good bit more. Sucks I can't show you guys much. I've worked a lot on the game for a while and still have a lot to do.

LOL I want to show you guys the game so bad but I can't so here's a pic of the folder size of the images folder and last mod date:

1710546603903.png
1710546631459.png

Not trying to be mean - I really don't want to ruin anything by giving any details away. I hope you guys understand. Then again, you guys may not like the new update so we'll see. Anyways, wanted to show some receipts.

Daz3D receipt not showing her face but how's the milf bod (her boobs are squeezed up because of the pose):
1710546870047.png

I fucking love her hips, chubby pussy, and belly. This is DAZ3D not an actual render so she won't look like this in the game.

Anyway closing out for this week. On to the next one....

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
BTW - the animations I made are FULL FLUID SIMS - not canned jets and streams. There might be a few floating around in the game that are canned but the rest are the real deal. The fluid sims are taking a while with the renders. I think when you guys see it, it'll be worth it.

Jun 5, 2020
if you were a part of the A River Nile Games Southern Nights early beta testing with SubscribeStar and whatnot, I'm still wanting to provide a reward for you guys. For the folks I have not reached out to on Discord, please DM me here and let me know. I'm trying to reach out again about this so I have a solid list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yodasy
Jun 5, 2020
Work:

- Bugs and enhancements related to new minigame - changed title and made it to where the time was unlimited but you can now select how many rounds win with a max of 10 (this goes into Sarah kinkiness).
- Melissa's intro scene where she squirts on the couch (just the squirt scene - 120 frames) redone
- Stills for Sarah's panty pee redone with fluid sim (the intro part)
- Countdown has officially been removed - Sarah will stay in a place until her bladder is empty then move to somewhere else. If you want to catch her, you will get a pop up telling you she's doing something naughty. Find her.
- Advancing the time while Sarah is peeing or wetting zeroes out her bladder
- other animations added like downstairs Sarah toilet pee (even a closeup)
- Images folder now sits at 3 GBs.
- Version end now added to game so when you guys get done with this version, the helper character will appear and show you some things including a sneak peek at the next release's ideas/submissions/WIPs and maybe some stuff I couldn't add to the main game - reworks, abandoned images, etc. I didn't feel like deleting them. Some took hours to do.

Needs work:
- MC aunt intro still needs renders (who knew working with dicks would be so hard)
- downstairs bathroom renders and script rework
- Vibrator
- Magazine (I think you guys may have missed this somehow?)
- minigames renders
- affection/kinky system for main characters is still giving me fits - working on it now

Some folks got sneak peeks at renders for this version of the game recently for their efforts in helping me keep my sanity and supporting me. I've had some time to talk to these folks about what I have in the game now and feedback so thank you if you were one of them and I look forward to adding much more to the game for these folks. I'm hoping what I've added isn't too extreme and on the other hand too vanilla for you guys but I won't know until this massive release is out. I appreciate the support and hopefully this next release will please a lot of people in any case.

I started this last year and have yet to release a full game outside of beta (it pisses me off) but once this release is out I'm on the verge of saying it's ready to be on full release. With your feedback I think I can probably tweak the game well enough shortly after to do just that. Thank you everyone again. I'm still busting my ass today to work on bugs and renders but soon....SOON DAMN IT....Southern Nights version 0.8 BETA will be available. Don't ask when but just know I'm trying to get it out ASAP.

Also, SS/Patreon may come back up. I haven't had time to mess with it but once this release is out I'm taking a break and will work on that.

May your dreams be wet :) - Nomad

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
- 4 new animations for a location added - wetting through panties and peeing - you'll find out where
- don't stick around too long for the afore mentioned animations or she'll get pissed (also depends on level)
- even more code and scripts added
- minigame fixes again
- migrated scripts so they're organized
- preparing to open the game up to more locations away from aunt's house (next release)

Masturbation gallery is looking better AND there should be more than this once this release is complete (I'm adding them as I go):

1711751763778.png

some of these are events with multiple animations and dialogue and others are quick. Trying to decide if I want to be mean and only allow certain ones in here, and make the player replay things to get the rest. I think I may have missed a couple here lol. How's it looking anyway?

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
It's looking good! :)
Regarding the need to manually unlock animations, additional angles, etc... I hate it with a passion when I see it in games, so I would be extremely grateful if you offered the fully unlocked scene in the gallery or maybe an option to unlock it. Thank you :)