Ren'Py Southern Nights [Development Thread]

Are you going to play the game in the FEMALE MC route?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2020
1690099005659.png
You play as either a female or male character stuck in the south in the summer time with your 'family' after your mom drops you off. Since you flunked your previous grade, your mom and aunt want you to study while you're there.

You have had a strong itch recently in your young life about one particular thing so this game focuses around that. You like to see it and throughout the course of this non-kinetic VN, you try to get your 'cousin' involved. Does she like it? Does she like you? Maybe that dick in your pants will convince her finally to 'let the river flow' or maybe it's your girlish charm that enables her to become much like you - having a 'yellow' fever.

In any case, enjoy the heat of the south from the 90s whether it's from the sun or you loins! That's right, this game is based in the late 90s.

This is a WATERSPORTS/URINATION based game.

I have been working on it this past year and hope to release it once BETA testing is done. I have a handful of folks who have been awesome and have helped me work on the BETA releases so far so if you're interested let me know and you can be a part of it!

There is not a lot of sexual content right now. The BETA game itself has been pretty solid so that's what I've been working on. Join us in this watersports based fantasy game from A River Nile Games as we explore 2 young soul's kinky desires on their supposed 'cousin' with much more characters planned including MILFs and more!

Features:

- jump between both characters (limitations on gameplay)
- TOD system and random events
- Girl Statistics (more than one girl is planned so it's not just you two - the main girl may have friends, random people may show, and the aunt with her friends may be a part of the game as well)
- Challenges and custom made mini games - the mini games increase the kinkiness of the main character however if others are added, it will increase theirs. 2 minigames are in coding right now with more anticipated. All minigames have plans for reward systems with varying custom scenes.
- Easter Eggs
- Custom music and audio
- Animations (some fluid sims)
- Inventory system with UI
- Basic map
- Jump to your room
- Game help menu
- Gallery replay within game - using it has plans for storyline
- You can explore a small house for now but other locations including a lake, city, and places down the road are planned.
- New places and events will open when you increase the main girls stats and find certain things. A good example of this has already been coded but the outcome has not. The MC finds something in the main girl's bedroom and this object, if it's in the inventory, will trigger an event. Waiting a certain amount of time will also open events and menu options.
- There's a study system in the game that I wanted to be there instead of having just saying you studied that also has a 'punishment' if you don't do it (restricted access to rest of house).

There is also a 'fantasy' part of the game that is not part of the storyline - I call it Dreamscape but it's intended for the MC when their mind wanders so we could literally be anywhere like another planet with monster girls. SERIOUSLY, I have that planned as well. So, it's not limited to this little world in the south!

There are a lot of things this game WILL NOT have so feel free to ask. Media and updates for the game are more involved on the Discord server so this thread should be a placeholder for the game until its release and serve as feedback as it grows.

Recent video of gameplay (battleship game is still in dev). Other minigames are still planned.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1690130077219.png
1690130166318.png
Animation3.gif

1690130200710.png
View attachment Video.webm

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Почитал. Пару вопросов.
1) По описанию не очень понятно в чём суть игры. Надо будет обыгрывать всех или мини игры это просто дополнение к основному сюжету?
2) Видно что можно перемещаться, много мест куда можно попасть или это какое то небольшое место для игры?
3) Какие мини игры будут помимо той что на видео? Как сильно они будут влиять на сюжет?
4) Много разных персонажей запланировано или сюжет будет только с несколькими?
5) Где надо ходить и нажимать на персонажи в основном одна сюжетная линия, надо просто чего найти или чего то сделать. Тут будет так же или будет выбор влияющий на сюжет.
6) Мини игры сами собраны или просто добавлены в свою игру готовые?
7) Не хватает ещё хотя бы нескольких картинок из игры.
Я думаю ответы на это дополнят описании игры.

I read it. A couple of questions.
1) According to the description, it is not very clear what the essence of the game is. Will you have to beat everyone or are the mini-games just an addition to the main plot?
2) Can you see that you can move around, are there many places where you can go or is it some kind of small place to play?
3) What mini-games will be in addition to the one in the video? How much will they affect the plot?
4) Are there many different characters planned or will there be only a few in the story?
5) Where you have to walk and click on the characters, basically one storyline, you just need to find something or do something. It will be the same here or there will be a choice affecting the plot.
6) Are the mini games assembled by yourself or just added to your game ready?
7) At least a few more pictures from the game are missing.
I think the answers to this will complement the description of the game.

Jun 5, 2020
1) According to the description, it is not very clear what the essence of the game is. Will you have to beat everyone or are the mini-games just an addition to the main plot?

You're pretty much hanging out the entire summer with a cute girl however, other girls are planned so it won't be just you two.

2) Can you see that you can move around, are there many places where you can go or is it some kind of small place to play?

For right now, it's a small house with access to a lake area. The backyard, the woods, the city, and a few other places are planned for exploring.

3) What mini-games will be in addition to the one in the video? How much will they affect the plot?

There are currently 2 planned - the battleship game and a lightning bug game (backyard). Both with varying scenes for the naughty stuff. You can gain affection from the main girl, and other characters, through simple chatting and hanging out. I may add a 'kinky' variable to the game and the minigames will be the sole provider for raising it. I also may restrict her affection level based on it being too high while the kinkiness level is low (have to work on raising both).

4) Are there many different characters planned or will there be only a few in the story?

There is a chance for a bunch of her girlfriends to be involved in the game. This includes the main girl's friends, random encounters, and the aunt's friends.

5) Where you have to walk and click on the characters, basically one storyline, you just need to find something or do something. It will be the same here or there will be a choice affecting the plot.

Options will change based on levels. Most of the time this will stay the same but I have ideas to make it more complex. I've just been asked about making it too complex or hiding things so for now it's a little simple. I have plans for making the MC have to do a few things in order to progress or to unlock certain events. A good example of this is the MC finding certain things in the main girl's bedroom, after they raise enough affection, and confronting her about it. In the updated screenshot I provided you can see from the help message that the main girl has something planned. If you wait in the game a few days, it gets triggered - this opens up a new area.

6) Are the mini games assembled by yourself or just added to your game ready?

I wish someone would write these damn things lmao - no I have been coding everything. I don't like reading over other people's code unless it's understandable enough for my old ass so I design and code everything.

7) At least a few more pictures from the game are missing.
I think the answers to this will complement the description of the game.

I added some and updated the description.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty funny.
Having a FAQ session with yourself. ;) Actually, that works very well.

How about a treasure hunt game? You could have the payer find things in a certain order. One clue leads to the next clue. You could talk to NPCs to get hints. NLT does that in The Gensis Order.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Wow, this game has the serious potential to become one of my favorites ever.

If only I could be of any help, but at the moment I'm drowning both in work and domestic deadlines. So, for what's worth, best of luck with the project, guys!

Reactions: Woodland Nomad
Jun 5, 2020
Hi, so where to get\buy it? And what about release date? Looks VERY promising...
It's in BETA right now completely free however there is not a lot of content - maybe a few animations and stills. The bones are still being worked since a cornerstone of the game is its minigames and they are not built yet. Thanks - I've been asking folks to join my subscribestar (it's free), joining our discord server and then letting me know who you are on subscribestar - I will open a channel for access to the BETA game link to them then. Again it is not officially out yet - it's just being played by volunteers that were willing to test it (however I've offered them something in return if they do).

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor
Jun 5, 2020
darlic I'll PM you here with the discord link if you want to be a part of the beta.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
made some updates to the game. Have a list on discord of changes and stuff I'm working on. It's been a bit since I've used this thread to update but we're working towards another beta release, hopefully soon. There should be a lot more content and the mini games should be complete or at least working. I do not have a date for the next release. I've had a couple mishaps happen within the past month so working to make sure that doesn't happen again and coding mostly. Renders are coming along slowly, unfortunately.

Jun 5, 2020
This is the last version that was worked on by me in Renpy - it is still in a beta so don't expect much:

There's a storyline progression that will have blank images in it and it's something I could not help. The daz scene I used and spent a lot of time on got corrupted so can't go back.

don't have a lot of time right now to work on it and I don't have good enough PC hardware to continue at the moment unless by some miracle someone gifts me a new machine with a 4090 RTX.

Anyway, I may start again later next year or switch it to unreal - development will be slow. I started the conversion earlier to unreal but it did not work well. I stopped fighting with it shortly after. Not sure what to do with this game and the others at the moment.

I had 2 goals in mind making these games:

1. Get the Game Developer tag here (yeah I know it's kind of petty but I thought it'd be cool)
2. Have a little extra money to invest in better hardware for my PC.

Anyway, this is where it's at. The discord server and subscribestar have been deleted. If you were a beta user and still want the scenes you requested in the game, DM me here or on discord. I know a handful of things requested but don't have the list anymore so if you want them, again, DM to make sure I have them.

There's a lot of folks doing pee related games and I have played them. They're very professional and use the tools that I attempted to use a lot better but again I don't have time right now to learn them as well as they have. I don't think Southern Nights is at all a bad game but things could be better and the content is really all I'm missing. Just having a really tough time creating it.

All I can say is I tried at this point and we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: darlic
Jun 5, 2020
Working on redoing the lake scene and making it simpler so I can cut down on render times. Thought I'd share the squat from her. No pee animation - just her squat.

it needs work and so does the scene so working on them. For what this game is, should I add shrubs, trees, etc. to the scene? Renders are a lot faster without them. Those aren't of course the center of the game anyway.

Yodasy

Jun 27, 2017
So in my opinion it looks good even without trees and bushes. You can also leave them out and if you later think that it looks better, then just do it.

Reactions: Woodland Nomad