Ren'Py Southern Nights [Development Thread]

Are you going to play the game in the FEMALE MC route?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2020
getting back in the saddle with the renpy side of this game. Added a poll. Please cast a vote to help me with my workflow. I know content needs to be added but if the game is fine with just the minigames needing to be completed, I can concentrate on content. That being said, the images won't be as 'full' with other objects, etc. in the scene so I can speed up render times. It's the only thing I'm limited to right now.

Jun 5, 2020
Doing backups right now but wanted to share. The lightning bug minigame works:
- Sarah can acquire bugs and has her own catch count
- Music changed - went with a simpler one
- You can touch her and she does something (2 versions)
- Touching her too much does something
- A couple animations added - one for if she is close to needing to pee (sexy) and another if you piss her off (your level is too low - angry)
- Timer works and stats are visible
- Game wraps up with max bugs collected or timeout
- Changed background (rendered one)
- game bug where top left corner resets the minigame is fixed
- other SFX added to minigame

Overall:
- Added animations to a few places
- Started rework of the periscope game - added angry Sarah animation and dialogue changes for different levels
- changed water intake menu for kitchen
- Fixed some other odds and ends

Probably not going with the battleship game. I have another idea I'm going to throw in there to see if it will be easy. Also have a simpler idea for the story progression with new character. I also started working on Thirsty Stories with some test renders. Going the same route with it by making renders easier.

Like a lot of other devs do, things will improve as the game matures so this version of the minigame will probably have changes as it progresses and I get feedback/look for improvements.

Periscope, Lightning Bug, Battleship replacement, and one other minigame still need tiered rewards with renders. I'll work on them as soon as I iron the minigames out.

Guys, I haven't seen a lot of traffic on this game since I shut down all the external stuff so feedback and words of encouragement are welcomed. :)

shadowfox1771

Apr 19, 2020
I have never posted on this site before but because I am extremely excited about this game and love what you have done with it so far you will be my first post. Keep up the great work and I along with many others I'm sure can not wait to play it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Woodland Nomad
Apr 6, 2018
I have high hopes for your games to become something new, like in corruption, where your.. ahem... roommate enters your room and casually pisses on the floor. Something diverging from the neverending scenes on toilets or "outside".

Reactions: Woodland Nomad
Jun 5, 2020
Feedback from users who've contributed to the poll:

Content seems to be the biggest thing and I understand. I've been working on getting in new content in a few places of the game like the closet, the inventory, etc. The story line has 3 scripts wrote still needing renders for. Thinking of different ways to tackle each one where the renders aren't going to take too much time.

Tie with both the others but I get it. For the options to be open more, or more places to roam.....guys there is plenty to do in the house for now so this is an ask from me to be patient. I'm creating a lot of things being the only 'worker' on this game so this will happen - it will just take time for the story progression to advance. I have other places planned. Also remember that I'd have to create some other characters and put them into those places so it will take time. I do have a sexy idea for the doc's office though with a female doc. There are some other ideas from discord beta users I'm planning on putting in as well for this location. Playing some other games recently got me thinking of some kinky things to do as well. It's all being planned right now.

The Lightning Bug minigame is working as I mentioned but I need to add a little bit of art and some small bits of code for it to be 100%. I had planned for battleship game but it's too much right now. May implement later. I have another idea for one that's simpler, I think. Anyway, there's a hidden minigame that was built a while back I need to look at so in total with the minigames:

- finish LBMG to 100%
- Change BS game to simpler one
- Target minigame (it's a very simple slider deal with a target)
- Flesh out periscope minigame (it needs some work)

So just wanted to mention this about the periscope game: The female player can't play it. Girls are smart and most of the time they're not as big of perverts as guys so I can see the male MC using it to spy on her but the girl? No. I want something special that's girl related for her that makes more sense. This will strengthen the sides of the story for more unique content but will also make me have to work for it. It's all good.

I'm making strides I think with all this so no guarantees on next update but plan is to have just a copy here under the OP so you guys can play it, get feedback, tweak and add, then FINALLY....have a release version of the game.

Changes so far:

- Char system has new code - sorry can't use saves again
- Inventory has changed - found some bugs too
- UI has changed - Inventory is in the stats
- Inventory in room has changed (fun stuff for you guys - planning on more)
- did some renders and animations
- did a redo of the hover icons - it's for future proofing so that whole thing got redone
- upstairs closet has a few things - planning on more and a minigame

There's probably more but I can't think of any more.

Anyway..long post. I was going to put this in as 1 thing for the inventory (female version as well with variations and levels) but I'm going to have to redo it anyway because her left hand was off and I wanted a little more action. Took 4-5 hours to render all the frames so with the coding, other art, and these renders, I'm beat. Stuff like this is what I am planning on adding to the game but can't make promises. You guys wanted more content and I inferred this to be the naughty stuff so enjoy:

Maybe Sarah will get a shower from the MCs in her miniature form?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: darlic
Jun 5, 2020
whwn can we play your new version?
hopefully soon. I'm in the middle of going back through the intro to fix images. I'm playing around with mesh and ghost lights right now because the standard daz3d lights suck. I've looked everywhere online for info to help me reduce the amount of memory and render times with my setup but renders are taking around 5-30 mins so far. To put that into perspective, the intro will take me 15 hours to do not including the test time that I'm doing right now. The lights and a few other things aren't giving me the detail I want either but it's Sunday I'll start back on them this week.

Once I standardize scene setups I can go through all the scenes and fix them then start the other stuff. Speaking of....

Spoiler for story line (don't read if you don't want to know where the game is headed):

You will be able to confront Sarah about the vibrator and have a basement masturbation scene with her, completed intro for new girl, and possibly a kinky intro for the aunt. The first two are definite and scripts have already been written.

Jun 5, 2020
i can`t wait to play it! And what about my idea with the tickling?
There's a scene in the works for it. A couple places actually but it will start with the couch in the living room while they're watching TV. Sarah needs to pee and the MC attempts to stop Sarah. There's a chance she will get pissed if your level is too low and if it's not then she'll go with it. Going to shoot for both female and male scenes with Sarah. Multiple variations are planned for the living room and I have a few other ideas for it too. All will involve her and/or someone else emptying their bladder and will have tickling in it too.

Reactions: Yodasy

Yodasy

Jun 27, 2017
There's a scene in the works for it. A couple places actually but it will start with the couch in the living room while they're watching TV. Sarah needs to pee and the MC attempts to stop Sarah. There's a chance she will get pissed if your level is too low and if it's not then she'll go with it. Going to shoot for both female and male scenes with Sarah. Multiple variations are planned for the living room and I have a few other ideas for it too. All will involve her and/or someone else emptying their bladder and will have tickling in it too.
And will the tickling be all over the body (including genitals) or just a certain area?

Jun 5, 2020
And will the tickling be all over the body (including genitals) or just a certain area?
I'm not sure at this point. When I get closer to that scene I'll share a little more.

On another topic....

The poll above this thread is closed and I'm trying to add a new one but it's to see who is actually going to play the female MC. Wait for it to be added. If not then I'm going to use her model elsewhere, something of course kinky, maybe a sister or something that gets added to the story or another cousin. I set out to do some lesbian watersports with her but there's too much to do with both of them so I'd rather have her for something else if I can and not have to do renders for both genders. I'm a fan of lesbian watersports but I know most of you guys are into the male to female stuff. No point in breaking the mold with this. She's still a cute model so she's not going anywhere.

Reactions: darlic

Yodasy

Jun 27, 2017
I'm not sure at this point. When I get closer to that scene I'll share a little more.

On another topic....

The poll above this thread is closed and I'm trying to add a new one but it's to see who is actually going to play the female MC. Wait for it to be added. If not then I'm going to use her model elsewhere, something of course kinky, maybe a sister or something that gets added to the story or another cousin. I set out to do some lesbian watersports with her but there's too much to do with both of them so I'd rather have her for something else if I can and not have to do renders for both genders. I'm a fan of lesbian watersports but I know most of you guys are into the male to female stuff. No point in breaking the mold with this. She's still a cute model so she's not going anywhere.
But i like to play with the female MC!

Jun 5, 2020
For the nerds, please read below statistics for the new version of the game - this is not in addition to what was already there, this is in total.

Renders (includes stills used in animations):

Story - 180
Animation - 81
Minigame - 351

TOTAL: 612

Animations (includes masks for transparency):

1 new for new girl intro
3 for Sarah LB minigame
1 for funny thing with LB minigame
24 other animations for various parts of game

TOTAL: 29

Story is being rendered right now so that will increase. Story also includes small pieces used in navigation. This is a total of everything so far. All render areas will have more added for minigames and animations once I get to those with this round of rendering. Minigames have a lot of renders and for good reason - most pieces need an individual render that can then be used inside renpy to tweak, place, or manipulate. Other times it's for backgrounds or sprite like stuff.

I am doing the renders today for the one part of the storyline - 34 so far including animation renders. Just felt like this hasn't been shown yet so wanted to share. The game folder is almost at 1GB and has over 1K files. Just the images folder is 891MBs.

Anyway, I'm going to continue but will probably break later on and over the weekend.