• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
True, though I like the cheat versions for debugging purposes on my end. Too much of a pain to replay the game entirely until I get to a late game stage just to see if works properly. Always some ups and downs for cheats, dev perspective helpful in general if you can then don't use them. I'm just curious how much of the game he's willing to skip through for veteran players and since I'm always knee deep in the code already, it's always fun to see new stuff. :p
Would been much better if saves could actually carry over from release to release without have to start over though. dunno how much work that would entail to ensure that would work though. I can see the need if more early content is added to character progressions, but if there is just new content added on top of already existing shouldn't be that hard or?

Once you played the game a few times, you do know what you need to trigger certain content and the grind is not that bad with the built in cheats. You can get extra cash, skip on speed it take to train, school, etc.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Well, I was looking at it and it might be possible with the $ONGLOAD and $ONGSAVE variables, neither of which Avenger uses. Though I do see those used more often with pure QSP games that don't use Quest Navigator. Though not always the case, I know Family Problems also uses those variables and is a Quest Navigator game also. Seems like you might be able to have the game load new variables that weren't previously in the game. From what I could tell at least, was also looking at modules, which is whole other beast but at least QSP games are pretty expandable if you want them to be.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Loading or converting variables into different ones is just a question of implementing it right. QSP itself doesnt prevent any of it. Since QSP is an interpreter and not a compiler variables need to be re-initialized at times - loading a game is often one of those cases.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I was just over at GLife looking at their code, since I couldn't find a good example of being implemented correctly and they're usually pretty good. Much more mature project for sure but basically it's like the save updater already in the translation project but it does it automatically. With the ONGLOAD and ONGSAVE variables, rather than going into the cheat menus then updating your save that way.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
ONGLOAD and ONGSAVE are service elements inbuild into QSP and execute automatically - that's what they do. A dev can of course implement his/her own implementation which is why Avenger probably chose his approach since he uses navigator which is already special in some regards.

P.S. To clarify this: using ONGLOAD or ONGSAVE doesnt require the dev to trigger his own actions . QSP will detect the state itself and execute automatically . That's all there is to it

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
This is a great game but the text is something to be desire. Would anybody know of an editor where I could edit the text myself of the characters for I can understand?

hurricane88

Aug 11, 2017
is any walkthrough in this game? how to get closer and start speaking with elisa and how i can't see in mall dress for mom in the restaurant?

4.10 star(s) 26 Votes