Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Another update, bug fixes mostly, one of the variables I changed was named the same as another one. So no real easy fix for that one but now that everything looks pretty good. I may bring back the save updater for 0.25 whenever that comes out.

Edit: Totally forgot to mention that I put a reference to BoneTown in I think it was Anastasia's path just for kicks. It doesn't fit the dialog very well but meh, get to it later...

mattius77

May 16, 2017
You probably already know this, but switching to your most recent .24 CCE file borks existing .24 CCE saves. I fired up a game using the latest update with an old save that had all main paths unlocked (except for the Twins, because I do not care for them and never pursue their path), and while it tracked all of the stats as being maxed out, it restarted all of the storylines sort of from scratch.

Reactions: vicezealot

vicezealot

Jul 11, 2018
You probably already know this, but switching to your most recent .24 CCE file borks existing .24 CCE saves.
Same here. Didn't realize I was using the mod 0.4.
v0.4.1 has all the variables translated I've been looking for.

Edit: NVM, just read post #121 & 122
Will probably take a moment to remap my active save one NPC at a time.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
You probably already know this, but switching to your most recent .24 CCE file borks existing .24 CCE saves. I fired up a game using the latest update with an old save that had all main paths unlocked (except for the Twins, because I do not care for them and never pursue their path), and while it tracked all of the stats as being maxed out, it restarted all of the storylines sort of from scratch.
Same here. Didn't realize I was using the mod 0.4.
v0.4.1 has all the variables translated I've been looking for.

Edit: NVM, just read post #121 & 122
Will probably take a moment to remap my active save one NPC at a time.
Yep, why I put in big bold letters on the OP start a new game. Though hopefully it's much easier to figure out what the variables are for now, there's a couple still in Russian think it's the alarm clock ones, wasn't feeling creative enough to change those. If you have a complete save it will take awhile to go through all of the variables. Took me at least two days to get through them all but also including a few not even in use. Like Sveta's mother who never seemed to have got implemented.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Yeah, it's no biggie. I don't mind starting over, especially the Aunt Nina and Mom paths. I was just cornfused with how everyone's stats were maxed, but none of their content was available. And since I was in mid-September in my save, as soon as I'd leave my room it would game-over me because I got myself unenrolled at University. haha

vicezealot

Jul 11, 2018
Yep, why I put in big bold letters on the OP start a new game.
Completely my oversight. I downloaded the 0.4 QSP a day or two after you posted it and patched the game immediately, only to really try the game about a week ago.

Regardless, many thanks for the awesome work Xorgroth!

I've been poking around the source code for to remap the variables (assuming the vars listed in gs_start_var.qsrc are the only ones vital to a save file...), but my C# / WPF skills are lacking so this could test my patience...

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah, it's no biggie. I don't mind starting over, especially the Aunt Nina and Mom paths. I was just cornfused with how everyone's stats were maxed, but none of their content was available. And since I was in mid-September in my save, as soon as I'd leave my room it would game-over me because I got myself unenrolled at University. haha
It's cool, I did it quite a bit late on the variable changes. So glad that's mostly over with until the next release.
Completely my oversight. I downloaded the 0.4 QSP a day or two after you posted it and patched the game immediately, only to really try the game about a week ago.

Regardless, many thanks for the awesome work Xorgroth!

I've been poking around the source code for to remap the variables (assuming the vars listed in gs_start_var.qsrc are the only ones vital to a save file...), but my C# / WPF skills are lacking so this could test my patience...
Most of them, I did see a few that aren't in there but forgot which ones, there's so many to keep track of. I did add at least one to the gs_start_var though.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Is there a way to cheat Julia's paths? I can get Yana to show up essentially on Game Day 1, and I can manipulate other vars for her and Julia. But even if I set 'Met Julia' to 1, her house never appears in the Exurbs. I can do the Access People cheat and trigger stuff with Julia, but once I leave her house, that's it; I have to use the Access cheat to get back to her.

Btw, thanks for adding in the new location cheats, I just noticed those.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Is there a way to cheat Julia's paths? I can get Yana to show up essentially on Game Day 1, and I can manipulate other vars for her and Julia. But even if I set 'Met Julia' to 1, her house never appears in the Exurbs. I can do the Access People cheat and trigger stuff with Julia, but once I leave her house, that's it; I have to use the Access cheat to get back to her.

Btw, thanks for adding in the new location cheats, I just noticed those.
Oh guess there isn't in her menu at least, can open all houses in the You menu but probably not what you want. So work around till the next release is Cheat Menu-->Quick Menu--> Insert Dynamic Command and enter in
Code:
$data['house_open_julia'] = 1
Then her house is open. The Meeting one is just if you have talked to her or not, doesn't look linked to her house at all.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I.......... did not know this.

*facepalm*

This worked fine, thank you, sir.
It'll open every single house all at once. Quick menu on the other hand if you poke around in the code much is pretty powerful, the first option can take you to any location in the game and the dynamic command is pretty useful too for single items.

vicezealot

Jul 11, 2018
Okay, I think I have a working version to remap the variables that Xorgroth updated from Russian to English. I've played through for a couple of hours and examined many (not all) of the character menus and I think everything carried over. (My base save is only about at the midpoint of the game). Anyone brave souls want to help test, feel free.

Instructions:
-Be careful and backup your saves first.
-Copy to qsp to game directory.
-Load desired save (it should use the existing saves folder, if not start a new game, save a game and move your old saves into the new saves folder)
-The update option has been added to the CheatMenu -> QuickMenu -> Update variables to mod version 0.4.1. Just click the command and that's it.

The old Russian variables will remain there, the values are simply copied to the current English variables used in the most recent 0.4.1 release. If you edit the save using a tool, you'll see all the original Russian variables there. I couldn't get the killvar command to work correctly to purge the old variables. Since they aren't used, the old variables should not affect gameplay as I understand it.

@Xorgroth, I tried building from the latest commit but got a weird "location" error. So I compiled from the latest release point. Looks like the repo is private so I can't send a pull request.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
You can fork and send a merge request, if you'd like to do that. Location error, did you try to back out of the cheat menu before going to your house at the intro?

I took a look around, probably move it to SaveUpdater, it's still in there just unused since it's for old versions and as for killvar here's an example.
Code:
KILLVAR 'day_morning_label'
Rather than doing the full KILLVAR $data['day_morning_label'] hopefully that helps out a bit or make an array and kill that but not sure how laggy that would be. Anyways, I moved the code i saw over to SaveUpdater. I'll add a menu item on the cheat menu when I start feeling a bit better.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
So I've encountered a weird thing with Marina in the CCE mod. A couple days ago, I accidentally clicked the meat dish option taking her to the cafe. It gave me a +1 fail event, but I reset that to zero using the cheat menu. Well, now I can still do all the 'call sister' (or however it's worded) events and have the threesome with her and Dasha, but I can no longer do any of the 1-on-1 sexytime events. Halp meh?

This gives me a sad, because she's really the only one of the pasty blonde little tit chicks in the game that I actually like. (Samantha Rone, man....)

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
So I've encountered a weird thing with Marina in the CCE mod. A couple days ago, I accidentally clicked the meat dish option taking her to the cafe. It gave me a +1 fail event, but I reset that to zero using the cheat menu. Well, now I can still do all the 'call sister' (or however it's worded) events and have the threesome with her and Dasha, but I can no longer do any of the 1-on-1 sexytime events. Halp meh?

This gives me a sad, because she's really the only one of the pasty blonde little tit chicks in the game that I actually like. (Samantha Rone, man....)
Hmm, looking through her stuff now and seems like one of her variables keeps resetting. Notice her bold path keeps going to 1 if I do the fair a few times. Have to see which one it is then.

Edit: Oh, think I may of figured it out. Think the fail event closes off Marina for you, so see if this works for you. Input this dynamic command in Quick Menu.
Code:
$character_marina['open'] = 1
See if that opens up her options for you, I'll add those to the cheats. For the ones who aren't initially open.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Anyone have a pre 0.4.0 save that I can play around with? I obviously don't save much :p
Nevermind I found one.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Wow, that did it. You have to sort of reset her char vars and play through a few events, but it took all of about three minutes to get her going. Thank you once again, good sir.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Save updater is in both versions now, in the CCE version it's in Cheat Menu and for CE it's in the Options, Cheater menu. So any version of my mod prior to 0.4.0 should update to the new variables. Plus some other minor stuff was fixed in there, no one seems to care about Brick screwing Sveta but that sauna scene should go through fine now.

Reactions: #NomeD

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
View attachment 147845
View attachment 147845 cant enter mother cheat in char menu. Some russian error message pop up
Looks like the error when you start cheating before going through the game intro. Which is a known issue, basically just saying it can't find the previous location. Which is weird if you've already been playing the game. This isn't a save game from a pre 0.4.0 release is it?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes