Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Did you fix it with
?
Or something other translators should look out for?
Yes, that was the commit where I fixed stuff. Basically watch out for single quotation marks. Double quotations is the way to go, bit easier to see those if you use the syntax highlighting for VSCode or atom, etc. Everything will suddenly turn white instead of yellow. I learned it the hard way :p and the Notepad++ ones break for Quest Navigator, they're just there for reference.
I'm trying to make the English translation a bit more understandable.

My questions, probably for our Russian speaking friends:
1. is Katya/Kate the one tutoring the player, or is he tutoring her?
2. 'Read text' that refers to listen to the dictaphone recording? Or does that refer to actually reading something she wrote down? (for the latter: see 1).
3. The word 'fiance' is used. Is that for the player, or for her ex?
1. Katya is being tutored by the player.
2. Might actually be something that she's reading, I kind of use Google/Yandex and get the jist of what's trying to be said directly from the Russian qsp. If it still makes no sense what so ever, make up stuff. Also if you want the Russian txt2gam to look up what stuff says in Google/Yandex I could probably upload that.
3. Fiance is her ex or the boyfriend that you cuck later on I do believe.

Reactions: hotmike

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
What does the unlimited access option do in the cheat menu? What is the quick menu in the cheat menu?
I really don't remember what Unlimited Access does, I think it's so you can do scenes multiple times without getting tired. Quick menu is mainly debugging, the first option you can set to a specific location and go there when ever you want. Input menu you can do can do pretty much anything, change vars, go places, run commands, etc.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I don't know if this is a bug/glitch in the original release by avenger, or if its in this qsp.

Like, there is a scene of Sveta going to hospital to have the baby and stuff. and then... You get a phone call during the night to go for SPRATS! c'mon she still just as prego ... lol. Guess its just end of the line in regard of her content.

Reactions: elmandor

vicezealot

Jul 11, 2018
Vicezealot also contributes fairly frequently...
Sorry, I've taken some time away from the game. At a certain point, I felt defeated by how little progress I was making on improving the English or if it was even an improvement. Will check in a bit more and maybe run at the translations again.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I don't know if this is a bug/glitch in the original release by avenger, or if its in this qsp.

Like, there is a scene of Sveta going to hospital to have the baby and stuff. and then... You get a phone call during the night to go for SPRATS! c'mon she still just as prego ... lol. Guess its just end of the line in regard of her content.
I probably copied that bug over, will have to look into after the next release.
Sorry, I've taken some time away from the game. At a certain point, I felt defeated by how little progress I was making on improving the English or if it was even an improvement. Will check in a bit more and maybe run at the translations again.
It's cool, I take breaks from time to time. A lot of Avenger's dialog repeats itself and gets tedious after awhile. So I completely understand, so just go at your own pace and it's the holiday season.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Oh I forgot to mention there's a new release. Translations updates, there's so damn many that I couldn't list them all but basically everywhere should have improvements here and there.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Yes, that was the commit where I fixed stuff. Basically watch out for single quotation marks. Double quotations is the way to go, bit easier to see those if you use the syntax highlighting for VSCode or atom, etc. Everything will suddenly turn white instead of yellow. I learned it the hard way :p and the Notepad++ ones break for Quest Navigator, they're just there for reference.

1. Katya is being tutored by the player.
2. Might actually be something that she's reading, I kind of use Google/Yandex and get the jist of what's trying to be said directly from the Russian qsp. If it still makes no sense what so ever, make up stuff. Also if you want the Russian txt2gam to look up what stuff says in Google/Yandex I could probably upload that.
3. Fiance is her ex or the boyfriend that you cuck later on I do believe.
For 2.:
The MC is supposed to help her with literature . So in that context 'recite' would be the nearest correct word. To avoid being caught by the Dad while making out he 'recites' the text and records it with the dictaphone - kissing and reading out loud is kind of tricky :)

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
I hope all the current work will give you some energy again :). There are a lot of bits and pieces in the pipeline, just check gitlab regularly.

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
AHHHH okay. i really like what i have played of this game and i have no problem with bad translation as long as where to go next or do next is properly translated ( a lot of japanese games are badly translated too XD )

thank you for your work that you are doing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
AHHHH okay. i really like what i have played of this game and i have no problem with bad translation as long as where to go next or do next is properly translated ( a lot of japanese games are badly translated too XD )

thank you for your work that you are doing.
It's a work in progress. If you take this qsp and compare to the machine translated one, you will see improvement. First time I ever played SOB it was a bit like a guess work with pictures added to it :p If I had known a ounce of Russian I would gladly helped translate, but as I can't, I'll just chime in with bugs and weird stuff I find :p

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
If I had known a ounce of Russian I would gladly helped translate, but as I can't, I'll just chime in with bugs and weird stuff I find :p
Well, don't expect me to understand or speak Russian (at least not without a shitload of Wodka...).

In general: the more people help with text suggestions/questions/bug reports or take up a piece of text, the faster XorGroth can release well translated packages...

Reactions: toolkitxx

kingmughal

Apr 8, 2018
Overview:
Translation Project of SOB currently adds a better translating from the machine translation currently available in the game. Also provides fixes and cheats (if wanted) to main game.

IMPORTANT: Any save games prior to 0.4.0 should use the Save Updater since variables are all in English now which will break those older saves.

Updated: December 23rd, 2018
Game/Creator:
Modder: Check the credits
Mod Version: 0.5.4
Game Version: 0.26
Language: English
Gitlab Repo:

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

FAQ:

Change-Log:

Interface:

Credits:

Progress:

Vicezealot Mod:
hope you and your family should be fine with the blessing of God well i have an issue can you guide me how to resolve the language issue because i downloaded it when i open the Exe file it open in another language how to change the language

Reactions: Mongoose69

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
hope you and your family should be fine with the blessing of God well i have an issue can you guide me how to resolve the language issue because i downloaded it when i open the Exe file it open in another language how to change the language
There is no way to change the language once you start the game. The only option is to install the correct QSP in the directory, like the first post states. And make sure that no other qsp file or directory is present in that directory.

kingmughal

Apr 8, 2018
i did not start it i just extract and just click on Application file i did not make any changes or alteration none of the patch or something like that

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes