Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

LionSin

Dec 15, 2018
Did you make sure you only have one qsp file in the assets\standalone_content folder?
Just delete / move / change the extension of the start.qsp.
I did everything mentioned in those posts multiple times and i get the same error. Im thinking of just giving up entirely.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I did everything mentioned in those posts and i still get an error at startup and the application force closes. I have no idea what to do. Downloaded those files 3 times and unpacked the game twice to make sure if i wasn't dping anything wrong but it still won't start and it gives an error in Russian and the force closes everytime.
What does the error in Russian say? Can you make a screenshot of it ? or get it translated somehow?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Anyone have a modded english qsp??
Post right ABOVE yours :rolleyes:.
Or quite literally this entire thread. :p
Might want to but in a warning some place, that cheat's could brick your game in regard of triggers to events though. So like cheat at own risk and so forth :p
Yeah, could probably throw in a disclaimer there.
I did everything mentioned in those posts multiple times and i get the same error. Im thinking of just giving up entirely.
Like Joshua mentioned, screen shot would be nice. If the Russian error message says anything related to *.qsp then you have 2 of them active. Should only have 1 qsp in there but if it says anything related to mp3 then one of them corrupt. Those are two most common start-up errors.

Reactions: DeMarcus16

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Or quite literally this entire thread. :p

Yeah, could probably throw in a disclaimer there.

Like Joshua mentioned, screen shot would be nice. If the Russian error message says anything related to *.qsp then you have 2 of them active. Should only have 1 qsp in there but if it says anything related to mp3 then one of them corrupt. Those are two most common start-up errors.
I seen quite a few weird ways how people try extract the game archive. So it wouldn't surprise me that files might end up corrupt tbh.

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
I seen quite a few weird ways how people try extract the game archive. So it wouldn't surprise me that files might end up corrupt tbh.
But If people followed the guide as given there should be no problems, some people just cannot be bothered and want everything done for them (My rant of the day), I am not an expert on the computer and I have had no problems following the guide as posted in the OP.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
But If people followed the guide as given there should be no problems, some people just cannot be bothered and want everything done for them (My rant of the day), I am not an expert on the computer and I have had no problems following the guide as posted in the OP.
Well, I been using winrar since like forever, and never had a issue to extract archives (and yeah, includes multi part archives as well). It's done with a single right click. In regard of following instructions. We see people keep ask stuff that clearly described in the OP, and then even sometimes in the message right above the one they post. Not specific for this game alone, but on the site here in general. Sometimes people just strange animals :p

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is the translation that Google translation gave "Error Failed to start the audio subsystem"
Uh, never seen that one before. You tried to play the mp3 file outside of the game? See if you can play it? Maybe you got issues with your sound drivers, a missing codec or something.

Ryofu888

Jun 3, 2017
I am sorry if this has been answered before but i cannot find out how to do this. How do i update my game with the new version while keeping my saved games intact?

I tried by replacing the QSP file in the standalone folder and lost all my saves

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
I am sorry if this has been answered before but i cannot find out how to do this. How do i update my game with the new version while keeping my saved games intact?

I tried by replacing the QSP file in the standalone folder and lost all my saves
The name of the new version .qsp file needs to be the same as the old version. That way the game will use the same save folder. If the name is different, a new save folder is created with a different name.

Your old saves should be still on your harddrive. You can either rename the new version .qsp file or you can copy the save files from the old save folder into the new save folder.

The save folders are found at c:\users\[user name]\Documents\Сохранения игр Quest Navigator\

If you are using the .qsp from this thread, then don't forget to update your old save into the new version. The update function is found within the cheat menu (if I remember correctly).

I myself always start a new game with a new version.

gooner69

Feb 13, 2018
Hi im trying to use the save updater and update a save from .24 to .26 but i get this error when trying to run the updater ..... Error!
Location:line:0Action Index:-1Description: location not found!
Any help pls im not sure i cba to start all over again.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Hi im trying to use the save updater and update a save from .24 to .26 but i get this error when trying to run the updater ..... Error!
Location:line:0Action Index:-1Description: location not found!
Any help pls im not sure i cba to start all over again.
SOB...Not the game just I must of missed something. :LOL: Actually upload your save and let me see.

Filipe86

Nov 4, 2016
I noticed a very minor thing. I don't know if it was mentioned in the game thread. So, do you guys remember that nameless girl you meet at the night club, that if you bought her the right amount of drinks you would bone her in the club's bathroom? Well, in the current version, she doesn't accepts you buying her drinks.
I don't know if it is a bug or an actual change from Avanger.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I noticed a very minor thing. I don't know if it was mentioned in the game thread. So, do you guys remember that nameless girl you meet at the night club, that if you bought her the right amount of drinks you would bone her in the club's bathroom? Well, in the current version, she doesn't accepts you buying her drinks.
I don't know if it is a bug or an actual change from Avanger.
I'll take a look at that and see what's up.
EDIT: So I took a look at it and you actually need the stylish suit to buy her drinks now. So bit of a minor change in there rather than just hooking up fast.

Reactions: Filipe86

Hedonax

Feb 17, 2018
I'm honestly a little annoyed that you default the sound to zero, as you can only change that in-game after there have already been sounds that you can not do anything to hear. I understand that you dislike them, but that's kind of your business, and something I feel you shouldn't be introducing in a translation mod.

Fortunately, it only took me a couple minutes to pop in and default the volume back to 100, but I'm already set up to do so, whereas others are not.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I'm honestly a little annoyed that you default the sound to zero, as you can only change that in-game after there have already been sounds that you can not do anything to hear. I understand that you dislike them, but that's kind of your business, and something I feel you shouldn't be introducing in a translation mod.

Fortunately, it only took me a couple minutes to pop in and default the volume back to 100, but I'm already set up to do so, whereas others are not.
Yeah, I kind of figured some people might be annoyed. They're pretty easy to turn back on, just pop into settings and turn the volume back up. It's a bit more than just a translation project at this point, it's also a cheat mod and bug fixes release on top of the translations. So for me, starting up the game to test things and have music blaring at me at full 100% got axed pretty fast. Plus I explained it in the OP under the FAQ section, so yeah...it's been there since I first started.

Reactions: vicezealot and Eoin

Hedonax

Feb 17, 2018
No, the only real way to turn it back on is to open the QSP, find the part where the default volume is set to 0, and set it back to 100.

Setting it in game only is possible after you're into the game proper, and doesn't seem to affect later openings of the game.

I clearly read the section in your FAQ, given I explicitly clarified that your proposed solution is terrible.

If YOU don't want to hear it, I'd suggest you discover how to mute your audio.

Reactions: DeMarcus16
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes