RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
I really believe that they should give more closure to old content. Yes, adding new one is great, but ypu can't progress far with new characters while old ones remain stuck without any progress. Also would be nice to know what can you do up to date (like what costumes you can unlock) by having only those cells active. Instead of tons of ??? Buttons that do nothing, because tgere is no content for them yet.
I really disagree with this on several levels. For starters a lot of the older characters are some of the best characters and having them 'done' would kill interest in the game as much as tie SS7's hands as to what people expect from him and don't expect.

Imagine if he said "Harley's content is complete" and from now on it's all the other characters that receive new content. He'd be burning bridges with all the Harley fans who want to see more or he'd be setting himself up for being called a liar and lose Patreon trust.

Also having all the ??? is probably a good thing. There's no way SS7 knows everything he wants to place in the game and leaving open slots guarantees that when it's time to program them in later he doesn't have to pull massive rewrite bs down the road when people want more content and less 'bug fixing'.

DaveTheAngryJew

Aug 2, 2017
I really disagree with this on several levels. For starters a lot of the older characters are some of the best characters and having them 'done' would kill interest in the game as much as tie SS7's hands as to what people expect from him and don't expect.

Imagine if he said "Harley's content is complete" and from now on it's all the other characters that receive new content. He'd be burning bridges with all the Harley fans who want to see more or he'd be setting himself up for being called a liar and lose Patreon trust.

Also having all the ??? is probably a good thing. There's no way SS7 knows everything he wants to place in the game and leaving open slots guarantees that when it's time to program them in later he doesn't have to pull massive rewrite bs down the road when people want more content and less 'bug fixing'.
Your point is taken, but I'd argue that something really needs to change when after two years of development there is precisely one character Lex can bang, and it's not a girl in the cells (metabordello obviously notwithstanding, though that includes only Babs at this point anyway), and characters like Tala and Harley are -literally- begging for it. There are many many ends both on character development and story currently left hanging, and having followed this game for over a year it gets increasingly frustrating to see nothing ever change to Mercy, Harley, Tala, Lois, and others who have been around since the beginning, and instead see continued expansion in new girls and new events with barely a handful of scenes and absolutely no depth. I don't think anybody wants SR7 to say "I'm now done with -insert girl-, no more content in that area ever." But theres a lot of fans of this game who want to feel like the game is -developing- rather than just -inflating-, which is mostly what's been happening. SR7 says this is mostly because he gets bored and wants to work on new things, and that's fine, I get that. But the content he left behind does need to be done -eventually-, and in game development terms, we are long past a reasonable definition of "eventually" for quite a few of these characters. Breadth over depth is not a successful model for a game of any kind, and this game will and has already lost both fan following and patreon support over this issue. People want to swim in SR7s amazing work, not stand in a 3 inch deep pool that stretches to the ends of the earth.

Additionally, in regards to the -???- stuff, I commented quite some time ago when nobody involved on the dev team read this forum that while I understand the purpose of these blank boxes, they do cause a problem. For people who havent religiously followed this game, "nothing here yet" is confusing and unhelpful, and so are blank boxes. The blank boxes do need to be there to make expansion less nightmarish, but there really needs to be some distinction between the concept "you don't have this option yet" and the concept "this isn't in the game yet". Current story pathing leads the player down a confusing road, and is -very- unclear about whether you have to do some unnamed thing to unlock what's in the ??? box, or whether there's genuinely nothing in that box yet. And given that the strategy guide is very out of date, this problem only worsens with time.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I'm being Impatient despite knowing they changed their update schedule to put out more content to further cut down on my complaints.
" They are working on addressing it, the new update schedule is to allow for a lot more content so there's less of this type of complaining. (not that I think it'll ever stop cause some people can't understand, don't read, or don't effing care till they have their way.)

so for the love of god (or what ever diety you pray to no judgement.) let them get out their first bloody update from the new schedule before complaining.

in regards to the ???? stuff since its a game in Development and not a game in full Release Meh that's such a silly nitpick, as someone who's worked on early access and beta's it's not uncommon to have Mysterious Placeholders till content is done or have them vanish completely after completion, hell a popular game called AirMech Wastelands comes to mind that does that and it has a much larger team behind it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention as far as the walkthrough being out of date it's because none of us have gotten around to Acquiring it from one of the Chans to update it. as the Walkthrough is not put together from someone on this site as far as I am aware. tho pretty sure they moved the guides to a discord server, don't quote me on that :p.

EDIT2: it's for 2.1.2 but since the current version is 2.1.3 I don't think it's that out of date. and before you gripe it's the most up to date one I could find. funny enough 2.1.2 is also the same guide on the front page go Figure.

Reactions: PugWug

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
The guy who writes the guides, Archer, hasn't written one for 2.1.3, mostly because it didn't add much content to the base game. He says there'll be a new guide for the next update.

Reactions: batcave

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I just discovered the dialogues between Lex and male villains you put to guard his bedroom. Those interactions have no right to be as hilarious as they are.
I never even thought of doing that. Kudos to you for blazing the trail.....of shame. Ha! I'm looking forward to this oddly enough.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
Your point is taken, but I'd argue that something really needs to change when after two years of development there is precisely one character Lex can bang, and it's not a girl in the cells (metabordello obviously notwithstanding, though that includes only Babs at this point anyway), and characters like Tala and Harley are -literally- begging for it. There are many many ends both on character development and story currently left hanging, and having followed this game for over a year it gets increasingly frustrating to see nothing ever change to Mercy, Harley, Tala, Lois, and others who have been around since the beginning, and instead see continued expansion in new girls and new events with barely a handful of scenes and absolutely no depth. I don't think anybody wants SR7 to say "I'm now done with -insert girl-, no more content in that area ever." But theres a lot of fans of this game who want to feel like the game is -developing- rather than just -inflating-, which is mostly what's been happening. SR7 says this is mostly because he gets bored and wants to work on new things, and that's fine, I get that. But the content he left behind does need to be done -eventually-, and in game development terms, we are long past a reasonable definition of "eventually" for quite a few of these characters. Breadth over depth is not a successful model for a game of any kind, and this game will and has already lost both fan following and patreon support over this issue. People want to swim in SR7s amazing work, not stand in a 3 inch deep pool that stretches to the ends of the earth.
I empathize with that, believe me. The story isn't linear anymore, it's very much become a tree. And while i wish SS7 was the content robot I can appreciate his passiosn working the way they do. It's hard for me to see content for mercy comming as anything but organically. if he doesn't have a natural progression for Mercy in place already where she'd Tsundere Lex to fuck her already I wouldn't want him to force it. The result wouldn't be good.

In SS7 I trust, is I guess all I can say, unsatisfying as it is.

Reactions: gnd53

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
I empathize with that, believe me. The story isn't linear anymore, it's very much become a tree. And while i wish SS7 was the content robot I can appreciate his passiosn working the way they do. It's hard for me to see content for mercy comming as anything but organically. if he doesn't have a natural progression for Mercy in place already where she'd Tsundere Lex to fuck her already I wouldn't want him to force it. The result wouldn't be good.

In SS7 I trust, is I guess all I can say, unsatisfying as it is.
Completely agree. Part of what makes this game great (in my eyes) is its adherence to the source material. I don't know much about the DCAU, but playing this game I feel like the actions these superhero's and villains make are true to their character (within the realms of the game, if one makes the leap that Lex Luthor would operate an underground sex ring, *then* the rest follows fairly logically). I'd rather SS7 take his time and keep true to that goal rather than rush ahead just to put out as much smut as possible.

mielle88

Aug 2, 2017
So when is the next update after this month?
Just preparing myself if the update is disappointing.................

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
The system of updates has changed

now they will update every 2 months

the one of this end of month would be the equivalent to December January and the next one will be in March that would be equivalent to february march

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
So when is the next update after this month?
Just preparing myself if the update is disappointing.................
They're going to try a 2 month release cycle this year, the idea being that a significant amount of time is spent every month just putting together the content into a playable version of the game which leads to less time for actual writing and asset creation. So the next update after the upcoming one will be at the end of March.

4.00 star(s) 153 Votes