VN Ren'Py Onhold So Bad [v0.1.1] [TheBlueInk]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016
The volume is alot but the sound is like peaking all the time for me, i only hear sometimes what the real sound is like. In the menu it is like a song madde up of white noise but when i start the game i can hear faint that the song is Fearless before the song disappears. Same with the intro when first starting the game, white noise and in the end of the intro there is slight base.

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016
The white noise dissapeared when i raised the volume in the preferences, it si even gone when turning it down again. It was set to lowest at the start for me.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The "jokes" are So Bad. It's one of those games where the characters think they are being witty, but they are just spewing cringy lines in Engrish with terrible delivery.

An example.

Code:
k "What can we do to celebrate it..?"
k "Hmm.. Do you have any ideas..? "
m "No, you don't have to do anything.. just want to tell it and thank you for all of this."
m "You did more than enough to let me stay here."
k "Oh, don't worry about it, dear..I am just doing what I can."
k "Seriously, I insist. What can I do?"
m "All right, if you insist...How about..."
m "Buy me a ticket."
k "Well.. that's quite easy.. a ticket to a concert or what?"
m "No... ticket to Mars."
k "What..? Hahaha, you mean ticket from Olen Mars?"
k "You wanna fly with rocket to the Mars?"
m "Exactly.."
k "And what will you do when you get there?"
m "Well.. I will.."

"Growing Weeds" :
        m "Growing some weeds..?"
        k "What? Haha.. yeah, it'll probably be a lot stronger than here, won't it?"
        m "Maybe it will also cause us to grow it from our hair when we consume?"
        k "Hahaha...And then maybe.. after that, you can grow your penis also.. "
        m "Hahaha... yeah... a Grown-up Penis with Pubic Weeds..."
        k "Hahaha.."

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I'll think about it.
Can I say like this : it would be 70% harem. :rolleyes:
Ok, for players like myself, who dislike harem... Will it be optional? Will we be able to have "funny business" with just one girl of our choice and reject other girls?

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
oh man, started the game up and nearly had my eardrums blown up by the loud into music. dev, if you are looking here, please fix that.

TheBlueInk

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2020
oh man, started the game up and nearly had my eardrums blown up by the loud into music. dev, if you are looking here, please fix that.
Yes, I have fixed that. If you download the new version, it's just about 800 mb because I completely removed the music, even the intro. Sorry people, I don't mean to harm you in any way. Even though I used my earphones at just 20% volume, I used to set up my YouTube for 100% volume. Then when I occasionally test the game, it's completely fine at normal volume. Maybe next time I will have to test it on the other computer first, or have someone else test it first. Yeah, my bad :rolleyes:.

Reactions: robrize2169

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Yes, I have fixed that. If you download the new version, it's just about 800 mb because I completely removed the music, even the intro. Sorry people, I don't mean to harm you in any way. Even though I used my earphones at just 20% volume, I used to set up my YouTube for 100% volume. Then when I occasionally test the game, it's completely fine at normal volume. Maybe next time I will have to test it on the other computer first, or have someone else test it first. Yeah, my bad :rolleyes:.
Remove the sound - or better to say, music - from the game may be a smart move. But not only from the ear killing volume aspect of the music.

I'm not quite sure how, or even if, you have done the licenceing for the music, but I smell a DMCA strike incomming.

The background sound in the scene, where our MC gets a tour through the campus, and reaches the worn down fraternaty/suicide/crime scene, reminds me heavy to parts of the soundtrack of the old David Lynch movie Dune from 1984.

Atm a DMCA strike would not hurt you because lack of supporters, but should you be able to acumulate a bunch of income through Patreon/Subscribestar/whatever and a DMCA strike hits you, Patreon/SS/Steam demonetarise you instantly till the reported parts are fixed.

Music licences, or better to say all things that involve any kind of copyritgh, are a really hot iron, even in this little niche called adult games - ask Drifty from Leap of Faith, I am sure he can tell you exactly what happens in such a case. And he has spend a huge amount of money for licenceing, just to get fucked by the copyright owner. The most copyright owners are start to backpaddel, if there is someone that want this or that licence for "Adult" content. Ocean from Summer's Gone had huge problems to find a artist who was willig to give a licence for Adult games, even for a huge amount of money and get the proof to be not fucked over like it was happened to Drifty.

TheBlueInk

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2020
Remove the sound - or better to say, music - from the game may be a smart move. But not only from the ear killing volume aspect of the music.

I'm not quite sure how, or even if, you have done the licenceing for the music, but I smell a DMCA strike incomming.

The background sound in the scene, where our MC gets a tour through the campus, and reaches the worn down fraternaty/suicide/crime scene, reminds me heavy to parts of the soundtrack of the old David Lynch movie Dune from 1984.

Atm a DMCA strike would not hurt you because lack of supporters, but should you be able to acumulate a bunch of income through Patreon/Subscribestar/whatever and a DMCA strike hits you, Patreon/SS/Steam demonetarise you instantly till the reported parts are fixed.

Music licences, or better to say all things that involve any kind of copyritgh, are a really hot iron, even in this little niche called adult games - ask Drifty from Leap of Faith, I am sure he can tell you exactly what happens in such a case. And he has spend a huge amount of money for licenceing, just to get fucked by the copyright owner. The most copyright owners are start to backpaddel, if there is someone that want this or that licence for "Adult" content. Ocean from Summer's Gone had huge problems to find a artist who was willig to give a licence for Adult games, even for a huge amount of money and get the proof to be not fucked over like it was happened to Drifty.

Yes, you are absolutely right. That's not only because of the sound problem.

I removed the music because of that consideration of licensing. I had a conversation with KinkyFarmer. He has a good point of view on this too. I'm stupid enough to think that I could use the music because of what I could find on the Non-Copyrighted Youtube Channel. lol.
And now, I'm still working on putting on safety music to use.

Thanks for giving me your opinion too, Mortarion. Yes, F95 is a good community. :p

Last edited:

TheBlueInk

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2020
If you would only know, just wait and see young padawan.

Just wait and see....

:devilish:

lol. Yeah.. I probably don't have to wait. I can see that.

I mean, you are a good one, literally.

But like this one :

"I wish everyone just stop using this tattoo shit. Its getting more popular in games too. No, its not art, no, its not beautiful."

Well, if she/he only knew. I spent like a whole day (or even more) putting on that tattoo for just one girl. The picture, the color, the simetrical, it's not a one-second snap of the finger job. Guess what? Well, people can just say anything. ;)

I'm not being mournful or upset or anything. It is what it is. :devilish:

Reactions: yoyomistro
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote