VN Ren'Py Completed Sister, Sister, Sister [Final] [Virtual Indecency]

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
found an infinte loop
Yup.

That's the bug in the Truth or Dare game in chapter 6.
The game randomly picks a list of truths and dares. But there's only a finite list of both and sometimes the random numbers mean it picks more truths or more dares than actual exist. The game gets confused and loops infinitely as a result.
Because of the way RenPy controls random numbers to avoid a player save-scumming their way out of a problem... just reloading and trying again may not work.

This was chapter 6. The final version of the game is chapter 15. You have to figure if he hasn't fixed it by now, the author won't be fixing it.

I'd recommend looking at one of the patched versions for a solution.

Reactions: wep and Mirewen

Vastro

Nov 19, 2018
There seems to be only 9 pages of save slots available, is that the max? is there any way to increase it?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
There seems to be only 9 pages of save slots available, is that the max? is there any way to increase it?
If you're okay to change a few lines of code yourself, you can add some keybinds so you can scroll to page 10, 11 and onward by pressing "p" and "n" (previous and next)
Details of how to do it are here:

Alternatively, the patched version of the game I created includes those same keybinds as well as on-screen arrows to scroll backwards and forwards too. (Basically an infinite numbers of slots.
You can download that alternate version here:

There is also a compressed images version of my patch too. The image quality is lower, but it's 366meg rather than 1.9gig.
It can be downloaded here:

If you want to understand what the various "patched" versions are, then read this:

Vastro

Nov 19, 2018
If you're okay to change a few lines of code yourself, you can add some keybinds so you can scroll to page 10, 11 and onward by pressing "p" and "n" (previous and next)
Details of how to do it are here:

Alternatively, the patched version of the game I created includes those same keybinds as well as on-screen arrows to scroll backwards and forwards too. (Basically an infinite numbers of slots.
You can download that alternate version here:

There is also a compressed images version of my patch too. The image quality is lower, but it's 366meg rather than 1.9gig.
It can be downloaded here:

If you want to understand what the various "patched" versions are, then read this:

Thank you sir, I actually downloaded your version, I'll try p & n and see if it works.

Reactions: 79flavors

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
good game, like the art and concept. i skipped a lot of the dialog cuz i wanted to get to the sex lol. wish this game had a gallery so i know what i missed ect.

what is everyone talking about this game missing stuff cuz of bug?

Vastro

Nov 19, 2018
If you grabbed my version... you can just use the on-screen arrows too. :)
It seems i downloaded another version, it was still 350mb so i don't know what is the problem. I've downloaded your file again and this one has the arrows so it's all good. (y)
Thanks for the help.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
What is everyone talking about this game missing stuff cuz of bug?
Most of the actual bugs are situational. Not everyone will run into them, or notice them if they do.

As examples...
  • There's a bonus scene at the end of chapter 5. The author's version skips it completely. If you didn't know it was there... you wouldn't miss it.
  • In chapter 6, there's a game of Truth or Dare between four of the main characters. Because of the way RenPy deals with random numbers... SOMETIMES the game runs out of dares or questions and the game crashes. But not all the time.
  • There was a bug for a long while, where the game tied a lot of content to having spied on your neighbor's mom. Except the game didn't set the flag correctly, so it assumed you hadn't spied on her even if you had (I think that one finally got fixed).
  • In an attempt to fix a bug in Chapter 15, the author forced a variable to be a certain value in Chapter 14. But now, all the content tied to the "other" route is no longer accessible to new players. Players who'd already played chapter 14 were fine (mostly) and if you didn't know there was another path... you wouldn't realize that it was bugged. But it is.
Just stuff like this. The only game breaking bug is the Truth or Dare bug. Everything else is 'it's bugged, but you might not notice' or "it's bugged and things will look wrong, but you'll just carry on and forget about it pretty quick'.

At least 4 of us here on the F95Zone forums have created different versions of the game to address things. All of the early changes and fixes by 2 of the members were rolled into the version that BananaPyjama ended up maintaining. Then I took all their hard work and went to town on more fixes. There are links of the various "fixed" versions on the previous page of this thread.

Reactions: Gaijin100

keyLOVE7713

Dec 6, 2018
The other thing to keep in mind is that @stevedave83 (the game's author) released a "fixed" version of his own yesterday.

I am of course, biased. But here's my personal view...

If you want to see the "original" version of the game...
Grab .

If you want to see the "original" version, but disk space or internet download speed is an issue for you...
Grab the by @Kasey.

If you already played most of the game already...
Download and apply the by @BananaPyjama

If this is your first time playing SSS and/or you'd rather not see any bugs/spelling errors...
Grab the of the game I (re)wrote. <-- I'd suggest this version.. obviously.

Same as previous point, but you'd rather download 366meg instead of 1.9gig...
Grab the of my full patched version by @Kasey.

The @BananaPyjama patch fixes all critical bugs and a huge number of spelling/grammar mistakes.
My patch fixes all that and a bunch of non-critical bugs, more spelling/grammar, graphics glitches and generally everything else. I also rewrote some of the dialogue in specific places to be, as @Simon Jester says... more coherent.

"Best" is subjective.

My thinking is that some people won't want to play a patched version.

My patch version's extensive changes make it occasionally problematic when loading old saves... which is why I think BananaPyjama's version is better for anyone who've played a lot before.

And if you're happy to run a heavily modified version that fixes pretty much everything except the story... then there's my version.
Asking a dumb question; does this post and links apply to the now completed version (all 15 chapters)?

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
Most of the actual bugs are situational. Not everyone will run into them, or notice them if they do.

As examples...
  • There's a bonus scene at the end of chapter 5. The author's version skips it completely. If you didn't know it was there... you wouldn't miss it.
  • In chapter 6, there's a game of Truth or Dare between four of the main characters. Because of the way RenPy deals with random numbers... SOMETIMES the game runs out of dares or questions and the game crashes. But not all the time.
  • There was a bug for a long while, where the game tied a lot of content to having spied on your neighbor's mom. Except the game didn't set the flag correctly, so it assumed you hadn't spied on her even if you had (I think that one finally got fixed).
  • In an attempt to fix a bug in Chapter 15, the author forced a variable to be a certain value in Chapter 14. But now, all the content tied to the "other" route is no longer accessible to new players. Players who'd already played chapter 14 were fine (mostly) and if you didn't know there was another path... you wouldn't realize that it was bugged. But it is.
Just stuff like this. The only game breaking bug is the Truth or Dare bug. Everything else is 'it's bugged, but you might not notice' or "it's bugged and things will look wrong, but you'll just carry on and forget about it pretty quick'.

At least 4 of us here on the F95Zone forums have created different versions of the game to address things. All of the early changes and fixes by 2 of the members were rolled into the version that BananaPyjama ended up maintaining. Then I took all their hard work and went to town on more fixes. There are links of the various "fixed" versions on the previous page of this thread.
ah yes i noticed the truth or dare bug, but it fixed it self when i restarted.

ah okay i will download those versions also. just was worried if some CG isn't triggering cuz of bug.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Asking a dumb question; does this post and links apply to the now completed version (all 15 chapters)?
Yes.
All the links point to varying versions of SSS Chapter 15.
  • The author's original (including the fix to the final bonus scene).
  • A patch by BananaPyjama that fixes all the critical bugs and a bucket load of spelling errors too.
  • 2 compressed versions by Kasey (A crunched version of the original and separate crunched version of my updated copy)
  • My version including all of BananaPyjama's fixes, plus more spelling fixes and a lot of non critical bug fixes too.
    Two downloads available, a patched variant and a full version - It may have compatibility issues when loading old saves.

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes