SirenTeam

Mar 19, 2024
SirenTeam when can we expect an update? also, loving the game. I love the way you move around and interact with things.
Hi, on the patreon page, there is a post, it is available to all, we update it as work progresses. Most of the major work has been done, but we have a lot of work to do on language bugs from the previous update. So it's hard to say exactly when the update will come out.
And thanks for playing :sneaky:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Hi, on the patreon page, there is a post, it is available to all, we update it as work progresses. Most of the major work has been done, but we have a lot of work to do on language bugs from the previous update. So it's hard to say exactly when the update will come out.
And thanks for playing :sneaky:
As I understand it, the main difficulty is translating the game into several languages? Well, more precisely, a new update for the game.

SirenTeam

Mar 19, 2024
As I understand it, the main difficulty is translating the game into several languages? Well, more precisely, a new update for the game.
In what would make the text that is already in the game qualitatively and correctly. It takes time. But if you take the translation that needs to be done on the update, it is not so difficult.
We're just trying to make a quality play, even if we stumble sometimes.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
In what would make the text that is already in the game qualitatively and correctly. It takes time. But if you take the translation that needs to be done on the update, it is not so difficult.
We're just trying to make a quality game, even if sometimes .
It all depends on your native language and how you adapt the translations to each language.

If, for example, your native language is English and you are translating from the English version into Russian, then it depends on how the translator does his job. If the translator knows Russian well and does not try to make a template translation, but uses the language's capabilities. Then, to be honest, the Russian version will be cooler in terms of text than the English one.

And if you consider how much language you have in the game, I'm afraid to imagine how much work your translators do. Provided that they try and not just translate according to a template.

SirenTeam

Mar 19, 2024
It all depends on your native language and how you adapt the translations to each language.

If, for example, your native language is English and you are translating from the English version into Russian, then it depends on how the translator does his job. If the translator knows Russian well and does not try to make a template translation, but uses the language's capabilities. Then, to be honest, the Russian version will be cooler in terms of text than the English one.

And if you consider how much language you have in the game, I'm afraid to imagine how much work your translators do. Provided that they try and not just translate according to a template.
Translators translate artistically to convey the essence and meaning or emotion. The original text is also written by a writer. I tried doing it myself, it turned out worse than any template, and even the worst games :)

Anyway, we have already solved the problem that caused this problem :). In the future we need to find translators for Spanish and Chinese. But that will be a whole other story.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Translators translate artistically to convey the essence and meaning or emotion. The original text is also written by a writer. I tried doing it myself, it turned out worse than any template, and even the worst games :)
I was also thinking about the text and dialogues in the game until I started making the game in my native language. The result really impressed me that I decided not to try to make the game in English through machine translation anymore, but to start making it in my native language.

I know that my native language doesn't bring a lot of players into the game, but I'm not interested, the main thing is to make a high-quality project.

Anyway, we have already solved the problem that caused this problem :). In the future we need to find translators for Spanish and Chinese. But that will be a whole other story.
It is better to analyze and look at the popularity of languages. Then you will not need to look for a stock of translators for the game, but only 3 (Russian, English, Chinese) will be enough. You could add Japanese, but they have a different ecosystem in games, it's better not to go there without understanding their culture.

Reactions: SirenTeam
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote