VN Ren'Py Siren Song [v0.1.1] [Jonesy]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
*Jonesy* I hope you figure out where the story is ending soon,
Definitely agree with this. Even if you don't have everything worked out in detail, some sort of plan and idea of where you want to take the story is probably a good thing.
And not cramming in every possible kink (except for the ones I like ofc), but sticking to the original idea and mood.
In the end though, it's always the Dev's game and the Dev's choices that matter, and I know nothing about being one :)

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
I think the comparisons to Melody are a little closer than Jaws to Finding Nemo, but I can see it's a different take on the older road dog musician mentors and hooks up with the aspiring young artist. Maybe a closer comparison would be Jaws to Shark Tale? :geek:

*Jonesy* I hope you figure out where the story is ending soon, otherwise the comparison could be more in line with Jaws to Jaws: The Revenge. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, I've seen it too many times where a dev writes themselves into a corner because they didn't know what the ending would be, and they either wind up abandoned, or somehow even worse, "reworked."
View attachment 3395978
Thanks, and I can definitely appreciate the sentiment. If it counts for anything, I have a vague idea of how it will end, I just don't know how long it will take to get there. Maybe 3 "episodes", maybe 10. I guess a more accurate statement than me saying "Let's see where it goes" would be, "Let's see where this journey takes us". (Ooh! And that parallels the storyline...I'm so goddamn poetic!:p)

• Haha
Reactions: Draver1 and Jarulf

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Wheres news?(((

Developer: Jonesy F95Zone - - - -

So, for example, checking Itch.io gives you this from 2 days ago:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let everybody know that I am still very much working on Siren Song, I am just focusing my efforts on finishing up chapter 4 of New Year's Day(e) at the moment. I have completed the opening scene of chapter 2 of Siren Song and I have a rough outline of what chapter will contain.

We will get to see how Bobby and Charlotte celebrate her birthday, get some insight into what Rachel's been up to and get to know Meegan and Tara a little better. Of course we will meet some new people in the next town, and see how Charlotte and Bobby deal with what happened at the end of chapter 1.

Lots to look forward to and I am excited to get back to work on it full time!

That's it for now. Until next time!

Love y'all.

~ Jonesy

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Enjoyed this, presumably the 1000th customer to name the daughter Melody lol. The writing is excellent by the standards of these games. My only real complaint is that there was no need for the MC's thoughts to keep underscoring the double-entendres in D's dialogue - thinking especially about the pool scene near the end. The wordplay itself was well done, but the MC chiming in every time with "HOO BOY!" and "HUBBA-HUBBA" got irksome, like will ya shut up, man?

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Enjoyed this, presumably the 1000th customer to name the daughter Melody lol. The writing is excellent by the standards of these games. My only real complaint is that there was no need for the MC's thoughts to keep underscoring the double-entendres in D's dialogue - thinking especially about the pool scene near the end. The wordplay itself was well done, but the MC chiming in every time with "HOO BOY!" and "HUBBA-HUBBA" got irksome, like will ya shut up, man?
Hey! Thanks so much for playing Siren Song. I'm glad you're liking it so far. I have to say, I really appreciate the feedback and FWIW, I totally get the gripe about the MC's thoughts, however, in the past I have had people either not get my humor, hints, puns, etc, so I put the thoughts in there as a way to make sure everyone knows what going on in the story (especially for people reading translated versions). I may have overcorrected - I have a way of doing that sometimes, so to anyone else reading this, let me know if I did! Again, thanks for the feedback, and please if you have anymore, I'd love to hear it!

Reactions: justagameaway

dede770

May 4, 2024
Hey, the game is mega I'm curious how it continues, I played it in German and the music to it, I love it, just When will we continue ^^

Reactions: *Jonesy*

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Hey, the game is mega I'm curious how it continues, I played it in German and the music to it, I love it, just When will we continue ^^
I'm actually working on chapter 2 right now. If you follow me on itch.io, I try to send out a progress report every Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmu500 and dede770
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes