VN Ren'Py Siren Song [v0.1.1] [Jonesy]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
If anyone wants to discuss this game or any other game of mine, I invite you to do so over on my . I will be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding past or future content, the reasons I chose to include the things that I have in my stories, or anything else you might want to know so long as we do so in the appropriate channels.

I appreciate everyone's heartfelt enthusiasm and opinions regarding my games. I feel as though you must enjoy at least some aspect of them very much to be this emotionally attached to them and/or the characters within them, and I take that as a compliment, so thank you. I look forward to our future conversations.
The fact that you are active in these threads and refuse to acknowledge anything about the other games latest update tells me all I need to know about the direction you want to take your games.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
NOTE: I have updated the OP under developer notes to note future tags and some other things the dev wants known about the game.

This is what you can expect from here on out.
Considering rape wasnt in the planned tags on the last game but was still added to the game I wont hold my breath here either.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Considering rape wasnt in the planned tags on the last game but was still added to the game I wont hold my breath here either.
There were no future tags posted on the initial release or said in advance for either of his games that I can see, this time there are future tags.

Reactions: WolferQT

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
As someone who drives for a living, this image is triggering for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, it is extremely cruel of the dev to leave his other game on such a cliffhanger, and then release this....:mad:

It is fun so far. I was a big fan of Melody, but frustrated by the draconian consequences for seemingly positive choices. Like, why does including her friend in your shenanigans lead to her not becoming a successful artist? Makes no damn sense.

Reactions: ImariKurumi

doyathink

Nov 3, 2019
This could very well make it into my list of top games if the promising start continues. Fingers crossed that there will be choices in future updates as I like to have a solo route with main Li and then a couple more for secondary characters.

Reactions: justagameaway

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
This was a really nice start, and pretty long too. The Dev's writing has gotten decidedly better, renders are good and I personally think the story has more potential than the other game he is working on. It just feels like a more mature project so far. I really like the premise of the story, of the road trip and them growing closer together. That it's a KN doesn't bother me at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That said, I'm definitely looking forward to following their shenanigans.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
I'm still fairly new here but is a rape tag even warranted if we do not see the act of it? The only confirmation is just a still image to show who the person is and how it relates to the story. I don't get the unwarranted hate his other game is getting at all.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I'm still fairly new here but is a rape tag even warranted if we do not see the act of it? The only confirmation is just a still image to show who the person is and how it relates to the story. I don't get the unwarranted hate his other game is getting at all.
Its more that the first game was super upbeat and positive and the 2nd game was super ubeat and positive until suddenly it wasnt anymore. It was a huge tone shift from what people liked about the first game and feels extremely random and drama for the sake of drama.

For me it means that if a dev is willing to just 180 his fanbase in a game once, what is stopping him/her from doing it again.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
For me it means that if a dev is willing to just 180 his fanbase in a game once, what is stopping him/her from doing it again.
Outside of that instance how is the rest of the game not still upbeat? It's a plot choice for added depth to a foil who is creating drama yes but the rest of the game remains. It's nowhere near as bad as many of the other games here, even some of the really popular ones. The people like yourself saying it was clear rape and there's gangbang when it's all off screen and acting like it's happening more is being a tad overly dramatic. Take Mr Dots games as there's threat of a LI getting raped, abused but nobody is up in arms about those instances like they are with a smaller dev in Jonesy. Even going as far as to write negative reviews is just so childish and petty.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Outside of that instance how is the rest of the game not still upbeat? It's a plot choice for added depth to a foil who is creating drama yes but the rest of the game remains. It's nowhere near as bad as many of the other games here, even some of the really popular ones. The people like yourself saying it was clear rape and there's gangbang when it's all off screen and acting like it's happening more is being a tad overly dramatic. Take Mr Dots games as there's threat of a LI getting raped, abused but nobody is up in arms about those instances like they are with a smaller dev in Jonesy. Even going as far as to write negative reviews is just so childish and petty.
I mean, you clearly have views based on all your other posts. Im not going to try to convince you how I, and other people feel is correct vs how you feel.

If I have an entire game thats upbeat, and make a sequel that is also upbeat but suddenly add in that one of the characters was raped that shifts the entire tone of the game. You cant have a lovey dovey feel good incest game and suddenly have sexual abuse for one of the characters and expect everything to just stay the same.

I dont know if you just were not around for Mr Dots stuff, but he has had a shit ton of controversy around his games with a ton of outspoken people. To the point where he changed the story in his latest game because two of the LIs were involved in sex work which wasnt received well. He DID change the story to remove that element from the game.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
If I have an entire game thats upbeat, and make a sequel that is also upbeat but suddenly add in that one of the characters was raped that shifts the entire tone of the game. You cant have a lovey dovey feel good incest game and suddenly have sexual abuse for one of the characters and expect everything to just stay the same.

I dont know if you just were not around for Mr Dots stuff, but he has had a shit ton of controversy around his games with a ton of outspoken people. To the point where he changed the story in his latest game because two of the LIs were involved in sex work which wasnt received well. He DID change the story to remove that element from the game.
As it stands the character that was raped is the villain. Jonesy has given her some depth in the sense she doesn't understand the relationship he has with his kids but that's it. It's not like it's a main character or a LI currently and I doubt she will be. The relationship he has with his core girls is the exact same as it's always been. I just don't get how you can be so rude to a new developer because he had some stuff happen off screen to a character everyone is meant to hate.

No, I wasn't around for the Mr Dots stuff as I just played his games for the first time last year. I find it wild the fanbase can try to ruin a person's game to force him to change his story to appease people's sensitive beliefs though. I can enjoy a game and not like everything about it, but to hate on a developer and trash his game is just sad.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
As it stands the character that was raped is the villain. Jonesy has given her some depth in the sense she doesn't understand the relationship he has with his kids but that's it. It's not like it's a main character or a LI currently and I doubt she will be. The relationship he has with his core girls is the exact same as it's always been. I just don't get how you can be so rude to a new developer because he had some stuff happen off screen to a character everyone is meant to hate.

No, I wasn't around for the Mr Dots stuff as I just played his games for the first time last year. I find it wild the fanbase can try to ruin a person's game to force him to change his story to appease people's sensitive beliefs though. I can enjoy a game and not like everything about it, but to hate on a developer and trash his game is just sad.
Meh, listening to people using your product and making decisions based on how they like or dislike elements isnt a bad thing, its healthy to learning. Any creator that is so stubborn and "my way or the highway", no matter what medium they are creating shouldnt be surprised to release subpar products and never grow.

If a dev takes feedback and decides its better for the growth of the game to listen to one group or another thats up for the dev to decide.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
Meh, listening to people using your product and making decisions based on how they like or dislike elements isnt a bad thing, its healthy to learning. Any creator that is so stubborn and "my way or the highway", no matter what medium they are creating shouldnt be surprised to release subpar products and never grow.

If a dev takes feedback and decides its better for the growth of the game to listen to one group or another thats up for the dev to decide.
To each their own but when we're talking about a Kinetic Novel it's their story. They shouldn't be bullied into changing their narrative because sensitive people can't handle the idea of rape or abuse. The world isn't a damn Disney movie with good vs. evil and always expecting a happy ending. Judge the story as a whole when it's done but to try to throw tantrums because it upset you. That you want to bash the developer and his game for not changing it to your liking is just childish and selfish. Last I checked he's pretty new to it all.

There's one thing to give constructive criticism. Then there's another to bash his game, give it poor reviews to make it look bad to others.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
To each their own but when we're talking about a Kinetic Novel it's their story. They shouldn't be bullied into changing their narrative because sensitive people can't handle the idea of rape or abuse. The world isn't a damn Disney movie with good vs. evil and always expecting a happy ending. Judge the story as a whole when it's done but to try to throw tantrums because it upset you. That you want to bash the developer and his game for not changing it to your liking is just childish and selfish. Last I checked he's pretty new to it all.

There's one thing to give constructive criticism. Then there's another to bash his game, give it poor reviews to make it look bad to others.
Again, at the end of the day its up to the dev to make the changes. This is just a pirate site that has nothing to do with the games at all. The dev can very easily just ignore these threads and make whatever game they want, and only listen to their supporters.

If a dev makes a change to the game they think it will either make the game better, or get them more supporters period. You should be upset at the devs who make changes you dont like rather than the people making the suggestions.

This is incredibly off topic at this point, theres no reason to continue this.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes