poonman

Jan 22, 2018
Why isn't it saving my game at the end of the day?
I've tried a bunch and it wont let me save.

poonman

Jan 22, 2018
I just recently found this game and I want to enjoy it, but its difficult when I have to start over from scratch. Any advice as to how to save my game?

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Have you seen if your .exe is write protected, might be that, or it might have nothing to do with it!

p22

Jun 21, 2017
What is last stable release where date with Alice doesn't get stuck after some point? No option to end date.

The last release from old blog, while mostly bug free, has that issue.

While later Patron releases are buggy messes not worth playing.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
I think v0.22 or v0.23 might be a good bet, perhaps a version or two later. Didn't it go really south with 2,5+, or was it from 2,3 or 2,4? Can't remember.

Reactions: Zatsu74

poonman

Jan 22, 2018
The game saves at the end of the day for me so it must be on your end.
Here is something you can try though > start Simbro > right click on the screen click on Settings a small box should popup > Local Storage was the first to popup for me if it doesn't then click on the Folder with the Green down arrow Next the local Storage for me is set to Unlimited so move the slider until it says Unlimited or choose to set it to 1MB or 10MB it's up to you > Click Close and play the game at the end of the day the game should save. You can find your saves in C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Your Random Numbers\localhost you should make a Shortcut so you can access your saves quickly. If you have trouble finding your saves go to your Local Disk C: then Users then your username (For windows) Click the down arrow up top and click on hidden items (there will now be a check box next to hidden items) Now you'll see AppData >Roaming (Right click and Create shortcut) Last uncheck hidden items when your done.

I have found the saves in C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Your Random Numbers\localhost However I have no idea how to make the game access them. I've tried dragging them into the rar folder. I will be totally honest, I have no clue what im doing.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
One more thing...compare the game folder in localhost
does it fit with the game to the letter?
does the ending in the folder name fit the game? (i.e. is it an .exe or .swf)
localhost folders are very sensitive to changes, if the game was renamed, you also have to do it to the save folder or save games won't show up

Reactions: ReconLegend

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Who wants to speculate about what happened to Marune and the original crew from SimBro?
My pet theory is mafia. I think the Bratva or local thugs from whatever Slavic/Eastern European country Marune was operating out of took over the project as a moneymaker back when it was high-profile and the original crew either got whacked or stepped aside so as not to piss off the new management. Now the Vor/local boss sees the revenue diminishing, and scrounged himself up a Flash programmer to keep the money train rolling.

Reactions: ThunderZoo

kingofbrocoli

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I have a couple of theories

First is poor planning: the SimBro team could only get that far by using someone else models and already written code. Once the spaghetti code broke the game they attempted to fix it but failed miserably since it required an actual coder but fuck seeking help because Slav pride and greed clouded their judgment.

But what about the money? I mean the 14k they were making was enough to live like an actual king in their 3rd world shithole and also fix the game. I know because I also live in a 3rd world shithole.

so my second theory is that maybe they invested the money and there is no need to keep the game a priority or maybe one of them got married then divorced

My last theory is that maybe the other members killed the leader you know the one with access to the blog and passion for the project. Hell where I live people get killed for a lot less.

Noa69

Feb 13, 2018
well, is not worthy to kill people for just to take over this game money. The murderer can't spend the money in the jail you know, that if they not get the death penalty... :)

Nov 23, 2016
Does this happen to everyone in the game?
test.png
The map does not appear complete
test2.png
And worse, in the slums, strange characters appear and do not disappear over time
test3.png
Is it just me or does it happen to everyone?

Reactions: ItsEricBoi

Zatsu74

Jan 11, 2018
This game IS a bug.
I second that! :)
In the begining the game was really promissing... But instead of getting better and better it just have gone worse and worse.
They keep adding new stuff (more bugs) instead of sticking to the main story and fix old bugs reported to them.
The Team is the only team I know that instead of getting rid of existing bugs keeps adding more :p

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
A group of fans could probably fix the worst bugs, if there was an SWF file available with the code. You'd have to reverse engineer it now, which is possible with applications, but who is gonna spend 100 dollar for a license on that... no one

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes