Others Simbro ResErection [Development Thread]

TheGentleViking

Simbro ResErection Developer
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Very strange, I'm not sure what it could be, I am on an entirely new PC(Windows 11 rather than 10 also) so best guess is I might be missing something the game needs? The first demo worked on my old potato PC so it's not a hardware problem.
Yeah, the strangest thing is that the error code is referencing code in the controller object that doesn't exist. The only thing that I think might cause this is a faulty settings file in the games save directory.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah, the strangest thing is that the error code is referencing code in the controller object that doesn't exist. The only thing that I think might cause this is a faulty settings file in the games save directory.
Hm, when I set this new PC up I copied over everything which I assume would include the saves for the first version of the demo, I'll try deleting that and see if it works.

EDIT yep that seems to have fixed it, a bit of an obscure issue but I guess it might help someone in future, just delete your old saves.

• Love
Reactions: TheGentleViking

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Hm, when I set this new PC up I copied over everything which I assume would include the saves for the first version of the demo, I'll try deleting that and see if it works.

EDIT yep that seems to have fixed it, a bit of an obscure issue but I guess it might help someone in future, just delete your old saves.
Thank you Gutsandguts! This info is super useful.

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
TheGentleViking - How’s everything going?
Everything is going smoothly. We're working on Part 1 of the Events/Gameplay Update. It will be out before the end of the month. You can check out our Steam, Patreon, or Subscribe Star for more info. All posts are public so you don't need to subscribe to view them :)

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
Everything is going smoothly. We're working on Part 1 of the Events/Gameplay Update. It will be out before the end of the month. You can check out our Steam, Patreon, or Subscribe Star for more info. All posts are public so you don't need to subscribe to view them :)
Minute that your game went live on Steam I purchased. Looking forward to what you accomplish

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Small patch is out now! This should fix problems related to the new shower scene :)

Patch Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed Entering Showers Causing Black Screen
- Fixed Shower Scene Bug When the Girl Was Not In The Mood
- Fixed Shower Scene Bug When Leaving as the Female MC
- Fixed Bug That made MC stay on screen after a nightly visit
- Fixed Shower bug that made water appear outside of the shower
- Fixed Load bug that prevented a Nurse from spawning in the hospital
- Fixed Changelog visibility in the settings menu

groonan28

Sep 12, 2018
hello gentle viking as other here i want to thanks your dedication, hard work and of course for those headaches that people gets when create new proyects, read your las report on steam and sorry for the delays that may bring the lost of your animator, i tried the game in steam and is really nice that you bring an improved version of the old one, hope that developent goes better after this unexpected loss. may be not the best moment to ask for this , but i preffer say it now, in my opinion one of the frew things that did not work in the old version is that all sex scenes where fixed and oppened at the beguining, at first was great, but after a while , basically all scenes where all the same due to fixed position, did not matter how much you advanced in the game, not demanding for anything but i would like to ask, do you have plans to improve that ? i mean, create different scenes in specific moments or add scenes while you advance in the game? , or is going to be like in the old game? i remember that where a moment when MC travelled through dimensions, but had the same issue, same positions and scenes. i say again that i am just asking, what you are doing is hard already and i am only suggesting something. keep the good work.

by the way , the art is amazing ,love it.

Reactions: TheGentleViking

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
hello gentle viking as other here i want to thanks your dedication, hard work and of course for those headaches that people gets when create new proyects, read your las report on steam and sorry for the delays that may bring the lost of your animator, i tried the game in steam and is really nice that you bring an improved version of the old one, hope that developent goes better after this unexpected loss. may be not the best moment to ask for this , but i preffer say it now, in my opinion one of the frew things that did not work in the old version is that all sex scenes where fixed and oppened at the beguining, at first was great, but after a while , basically all scenes where all the same due to fixed position, did not matter how much you advanced in the game, not demanding for anything but i would like to ask, do you have plans to improve that ? i mean, create different scenes in specific moments or add scenes while you advance in the game? , or is going to be like in the old game? i remember that where a moment when MC travelled through dimensions, but had the same issue, same positions and scenes. i say again that i am just asking, what you are doing is hard already and i am only suggesting something. keep the good work.

by the way , the art is amazing ,love it.
Hi groonan28!

Thank you for all of your kind words!

So, sex scenes have been something on my mind for quite some time. We've debated on making it so a new position unlocks when you raise your Skill stat. Another suggestion was to make them a purchasable item in the shop (like a manual or something). To be honest, this is still something we're testing and we haven't decided how we will do it. What I can say is that we don't plan to make all sex positions available from the start.

When it comes to making sex scenes in something other than the side view (what we have now) that is difficult to answer. Ideally, we would love to add scenes that have different perspectives that let us explore positions that aren't possible with a side view. However, this is a ton of work. Each perspective would need to not only have a male and female model with all of the customization options, but it would also increase the amount of work it takes to add new outfits, hair, and other things. Right now that isn't something that we could do without having more artists. However, if the support for the game keeps growing, it is something that we would love to do (We would hire more artists to make it a reality).

Hope this answers all of your questions :)

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Hey everyone! Due to some personal issues last month, we were unable to post v0.07 here. Everything is fine now and I'm happy to say Simbro ResErection Demo v0.08 is live (check the main post). We've included the changelog for v0.07 :)