Others Simbro ResErection [Development Thread]

DickyBurns

Jan 7, 2023
Although I am disappointed that the French maids dress is the wrong color, I'll admit that it does look really good. In fact, I want her to be real, and in my house right now...this place is a mess.

About the android, I'm hoping the Hitomi character looks nothing like that. Just wrong all over, to be blunt.

TheGentleViking

Simbro ResErection Developer
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Although I am disappointed that the French maids dress is the wrong color, I'll admit that it does look really good. In fact, I want her to be real, and in my house right now...this place is a mess.

About the android, I'm hoping the Hitomi character looks nothing like that. Just wrong all over, to be blunt.
I like to think of the maid dress as more of a magical girl dress. We will definitely add a proper French maid dress in the future.

autotactic

Jun 30, 2017
Always liked this game, and really hated the creator... Is not that long ago that I searched again for updates...
But seeing your post, about completing it, its incredible, thank you very much for taking on this, I dont care if you give your personal touch to everything, but I felt like the original had tons of interesting content, so if you recreate all of that and more, it would be incredible.
Good luck, and dont worry about the quality of the end product or the time you need to do it, its enough that you are willing to do this.

PD: Since you work with 2D games I thought that you may like the idea of recreating "Window girl" with extended content

Reactions: TheGentleViking

SBT01

Jan 25, 2020
Updated Demo Link to Version 0.041 and added changelog. ENJOY!!!
Hello. On the game page on Steam there is news from September 28 “New Patch + Next Update (2023-09-27)” where it is written that in the next update the ability to play as Female MC will be added. When will the approximate release date for the update be announced?

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Hello. On the game page on Steam there is news from September 28 “New Patch + Next Update (2023-09-27)” where it is written that in the next update the ability to play as Female MC will be added. When will the approximate release date for the update be announced?
Hey SBT01!

We can't give an exact date, unfortunately. It will be sometime this month though. Although this update should be straightforward and simple, sometimes we run into unforeseen obstacles so we avoid promising any release date to prevent disappointing fans.

Reactions: anonnom and SBT01

walrus_3d

Oct 3, 2023
I just purchased V0.04 on Steam, and it's amazing. Really faithful to the original game, with visual improvements and really nice choices about play control. I can't wait to see what's coming in the next updates.

ExgamerB

Jul 21, 2020
Hey Gentle Viking and Crew.

Had some ideas I wanted to float your way to use at your leisure.

In combat when you do grapples/choke-holds/face-sitting you and the grappled opponent share HP damage, each of you taking half. While grappling you do stamina damage every turn with out using up your action. Starting a grapple takes up your turn, however, on the following turn if the grapple is maintained you can do a normal or lust attack on your grappled opponent, end the grapple, or attempt to grapple another opponent (grappling another opponent releases currently grappled opponents). While being grappled your entire turn is used up attempting to free your self from a grapple. Non grappled allies can attempt to free grappled allies as an action on their turn.

During prostitution, if you are the one hiring the prostitute, you can attempt to get laid without having to pay by either making a flexibility v.s. flexibility check to escape, charm v.s. wits check to deceive, or skill v.s. skill check to fuck them unconscious. If you fail the check you are either forced into a combat, or have to pay double the cost.

During prostitution, if you are the one hired as a prostitute, you can attempt to get laid and get extra pay by making a skill v.s. skill check to impress, charm v.s. wits to convince your worth it, or a flexibility v.s. flexibility check to pickpocket. If you fail the check, you get laid without getting paid and are fucked unconscious causing you to lose all your stamina.

Would love to see body-writing and tattoos implemented, and it would be cool to see any gender being able to hire and be hired as a prostitute, but I understand that is probably a whole lot of extra art/animation work for all the body shapes. Still going to hold out hope for futas and femboys. ;)

Reapernight

Jan 8, 2019
Hey Viking and everyone on the team, great to see the development is going in a good direction! The thing I loved about the original is the loop of upgrading skills, and being able to meet more and more requirements for customers. Unfortunately some had the requirement of 27 points, which was impossible to reach without putting on some horrendous combination of clothes, hope that gets revamped.

I'm getting the steam version once the update hits, but sometimes the steam version of games is left without some features because of the platform guidelines. Are patches going to be available for the steam version if that were to happen?

Wishing you the best! :)

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Hey Viking and everyone on the team, great to see the development is going in a good direction! The thing I loved about the original is the loop of upgrading skills, and being able to meet more and more requirements for customers. Unfortunately some had the requirement of 27 points, which was impossible to reach without putting on some horrendous combination of clothes, hope that gets revamped.

I'm getting the steam version once the update hits, but sometimes the steam version of games is left without some features because of the platform guidelines. Are patches going to be available for the steam version if that were to happen?

Wishing you the best! :)
Anything we add that Steam finds unacceptable will be available through a patch/mod. We will try to make the process as simple and as easy as possible.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
I can't seem to get the game to run at all, I keep getting that error that's previously been mentioned. I figured my anti-virus was blocking it but I turned it off and it still seems to do it even if I re-download and install the game completely. Anything else I can try?

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
I can't seem to get the game to run at all, I keep getting that error that's previously been mentioned. I figured my anti-virus was blocking it but I turned it off and it still seems to do it even if I re-download and install the game completely. Anything else I can try?
It depends on what you're running it on.

If you're on Mac. Just move the game to a different folder. Apple likes to quarantine anything not from the app store and moving it takes it out of quarantine.

If you're on Android. You'll need to uninstall the previous version. The previous update made version 0.041 and Android seems to think it's the newest version.

If you're on Linux or Windows. I would need to know the exact error you're getting.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
It depends on what you're running it on.

If you're on Mac. Just move the game to a different folder. Apple likes to quarantine anything not from the app store and moving it takes it out of quarantine.

If you're on Android. You'll need to uninstall the previous version. The previous update made version 0.041 and Android seems to think it's the newest version.

If you're on Linux or Windows. I would need to know the exact error you're getting.
I'm on Windows when I try to launch it a window comes up with:

"ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_global:

ds_map_find_value argument 1 invalid reference to (ds_map)
at gml_Object_obj_global_Create_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_global_Create_0 (line -1)"

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
I'm on Windows when I try to launch it a window comes up with:

"ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_global:

ds_map_find_value argument 1 invalid reference to (ds_map)
at gml_Object_obj_global_Create_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_global_Create_0 (line -1)"
Interesting, I can't recreate this error. I'll have a look into it.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Very strange, I'm not sure what it could be, I am on an entirely new PC(Windows 11 rather than 10 also) so best guess is I might be missing something the game needs? The first demo worked on my old potato PC so it's not a hardware problem.