qpxh2

Jan 22, 2021
You probably saved the game in a location where it doesn't have write permissions so it doesn't let you save. Try moving it somewhere like /Downloads or somewhere it can write to the filesystem.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!! It worked! I never thought about that before. Thank you very much!

Reactions: dazedanon

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Why translate 2nd not the prequel can't find the English for the prequal.

Last edited:

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
There doesn't appear to be any attempt at translating the menu, I metaphorically walking in the dark when navigating the options. Yet the text boxes seam to be translated, why?!?

Jul 16, 2019
guys i know this isnt the proper thread but i see no other thread for BISHOP games, does any1 know where i can get a working dowload of Kutsujoku i downloaded a few but none of then the actual screen of the game opens. and yes im running japan locale. and also does any1 know where i can get a full save of this game . i cant figure how get the threesome scenes.

Joshtp

Jan 20, 2018
guys i know this isnt the proper thread but i see no other thread for BISHOP games, does any1 know where i can get a working dowload of Kutsujoku i downloaded a few but none of then the actual screen of the game opens. and yes im running japan locale. and also does any1 know where i can get a full save of this game . i cant figure how get the threesome scenes.

Reactions: NidhoggTheGreat

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
does this one I have taking the game from there way back when on release. alternatively this one?

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hello! I'm the one doing the fan translation, I have a thread set up in the game requests section that I'm using as a blog:
https://f95zone.to/threads/shihai-no-kyoudan-2-v0-2-3.88638/
I see some people are asking for a menu translation, a user by the name of CarnXace made one for me. I'll attach it as a file, it's very simple to add to the game.
I'll take a look at this mtl within the next week or so. In the meantime I can answer questions anyone might have for me

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Given that this has a 'time' limit built in, is it difficult? Like, will I need a guide to get a harem end?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Given that this has a 'time' limit built in, is it difficult? Like, will I need a guide to get a harem end?
usually there is enough time as long as you spread attention. basically do not rush 1 girl while ignoring all other and skipping days - pick new events in every available time slot. with such approach you should be fine.

Just to give an example
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
here you have Yellow Red and Black events. Yellow are story events - you need to chose certain amount of them to get red event for a girl. Red events are Sex scenes - after you done it you need some more yellows to get next. Black are useless time waste - never pick them unless there is no other choice. After you Enslaved the girl she gets optional events
that would be of different color - those are repeated scenes from earlier that that have alternative text and same CG(with slight alternations) Usually you need those scenes to get pregnant ending for solo girls. Sometimes you need to do 1 for each girl for harem. And that is basically it - 95% of bishop games runs on this system with maybe some color variations

Last edited:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
usually there is enough time as long as you spread attention. basically do not rush 1 girl while ignoring all other and skipping days - pick new events in every available time slot. with such approach you should be fine.

Just to give an example
here you have Yellow Red and Black events. Yellow are story events - you need to chose certain amount of them to get red event for a girl. Red events are Sex scenes - after you done it you need some more yellows to get next. Black are useless time waste - never pick them unless there is no other choice. After you Enslaved the girl she gets optional events
that would be of different color - those are repeated scenes from earlier that that have alternative text and same CG(with slight alternations) Usually you need those scenes to get pregnant ending for solo girls. Sometimes you need to do 1 for each girl for harem. And that is basically it - 95% of bishop games runs on this system with maybe some color variations
Thanks, luckily I kind of figured out the grey options probably didn't matter because the first one I picked was literally "oh, she's not here. guess I'll go somewhere else.".

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Picking through the opening, I see some of the old issues I remember dealing with.
There's a character limit for each line, and you can choose to keep inserting characters there until the engine decides the line is full. There's usually no issue, but if you open the backlog sometimes you'll see the last couple chars in the line looped back and clipping into the start of the line. My solution was to set a hard limit at (char limit -1) and always insert a line break at the end of the line. Otherwise, the word wrapping is perfect.
There's another small issue, the ellipses character ("..." but as a single character) looks really weird with the font settings. Most instances of this are deleted/replaced so I'm assuming it's a known issue.
I saw one instance of the jp quotation marks ("「」"), just remove all of them.
A little tip, replace all "~" with the jp "~ " (it clips into the next char a little bit, so make sure to include the space afterwards as well). It comes out to 2 chars instead of 1 but it looks a lot better.
I actually like this font. I modeled mine based on the font they used for Sansha Mendan, but it looks kind of long vertically, or something. I might copy this one.
GPT3.5 looks quite good. I'm seeing the occasional misidentified subject still, and a lot of other little things that machines have trouble dealing with in jp->en translation, but the english is virtually perfect, maybe 90-95% of the way there. There are some randomly missing periods though.
I don't like the style of the english. Ofc it's AI generated text, and you're trying to draw a voice/style from another language, so I don't expect this issue to be solvable.
If you can fix all of the noticeable issues, this is basically the level of translation you would see from some of the 2000's fan-translated games, possibly pushing into the 2010's as well.

• Red Heart

ncelsword

Jun 8, 2020
GPT3.5 looks quite good. I'm seeing the occasional misidentified subject still, and a lot of other little things that machines have trouble dealing with in jp->en translation, but the english is virtually perfect, maybe 90-95% of the way there. There are some randomly missing periods though.
I don't like the style of the english. Ofc it's AI generated text, and you're trying to draw a voice/style from another language, so I don't expect this issue to be solvable.
If you can fix all of the noticeable issues, this is basically the level of translation you would see from some of the 2000's fan-translated games, possibly pushing into the 2010's as well.
Agreed. There are some flaws here and there but ... it's still heaven compared to older Machine Translations where I got a headache trying to figure out WTF was being said.

This honestly shows some good potential. It just needs an editor and it will be near perfect. I'm honestly impressed how well this did given how infamously bad MTL has been even just a year ago.

If more fan translation groups start using this kind of thing we could see games, manga, ect translated at breakneck speed without looking like shit.

Really the only thing holding it back now is cost. But there are AI models that work off monthly subscriptions instead of TOken based. So if their quality reaches GPT3.5 then a group could easily use that and just pay the subscription fee.

Or use GPT but ask for donations to pay for the AI translation. Regardless once this starts to spread it's going to really change up the fan translation communities.

• Red Heart

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
Hello! I'm the one doing the fan translation, I have a thread set up in the game requests section that I'm using as a blog:
https://f95zone.to/threads/shihai-no-kyoudan-2-v0-2-3.88638/
I see some people are asking for a menu translation, a user by the name of CarnXace made one for me. I'll attach it as a file, it's very simple to add to the game.
I'll take a look at this mtl within the next week or so. In the meantime I can answer questions anyone might have for me
There are still some points that are missing translation, but the main menu has been given a decent enough translation.

Valloth

Mar 10, 2018
Huh!? Where? I checked for a translation thread and didn't find any?

Edit: Ahh found it, I did see that thread but saw that it was 2 years old and assumed it was abandoned instead of checking properly. I apologize to the translator for that as I didn't mean to step on their toes.

Still, at the end of the day mine is still just an MTL. I actually made it just to see if I could improve over the MTL that's on vndb already. I'm sure everyone including myself would still prefer an actual manual translation anyway so I'm sure plenty will still support their efforts.

Edit 2: In fact, looking at their timetable, it could be years before that translation comes to fruition. A lot could happen in that timeframe so I don't think its fair to not let anybody else touch the project in the meanwhile. When they do inevitably finish, this MTL will already be old and people will gladly welcome a newer proper translation.
The two times I have worked on actual TLs that got cut off by MTLs in the middle of our work, both of the main TLers immediately quit. Sure, MTL as a general rule SUUUUCKS and I personally hate to see how much it is becoming more and more common... but if the TLers that are doing fan TLs are like the ones I've worked with in the past.... This game now has No chance at ever getting a proper TL. Why TL something with a lazy TL when you can take some credit and notoriety for something that no one has played before? Simple logic really.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote