3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
"I feel like if you have lots of it, you'll get an insane amount of people telling you it's crap, awful and no-one wants it. On the other hand, if you have none or little you'll be told everyone wants it and you should add it.".... absolutely true
"Happy people are quiet people.".... a little less true; a lot of people are voicing their happiness pretty loudly; I think you meant the combo happy and zen.
Anyway, as I said, it's your baby; I wish you a big following for it :)
Thanks.

And by happy people are quiet I mean that the things they say aren't going to be bothering me for days to come. I appreciate compliments but it's the negative comments that stick with me for days, especially when there are lots of them.

Reactions: fried and Heml0ck

Cold Phoenix

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks.

And by happy people are quiet I mean that the things they say aren't going to be bothering me for days to come. I appreciate compliments but it's the negative comments that stick with me for days, especially when there are lots of them.
I understand, but I guess that's the lot of all creators, and having to filter comments and feedback that can help improve the final result/product vs the ones that are just meaningless (or plain mean) barks; me, I'm just a user, and as such I admit I do sometimes have a tendency to take things for granted.. but I try not to bitch too much :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellaraia

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
If it's any consolation, this is because people love your game with a passion and were worried they had lost something that special. That's because you made a truly great game that is truly memorable. Personally, I think you did make positive changes. I appropriate working less tedious now and you made text easier to read. I still have constructive feedback, but I realize this change is a work in progress and improvements will come down the line.

One thing though, I wish you could "buy" any item as long as you could afford it, instead of waiting until you reach the correct "level." I realize this leveling feature is meant to simulate your "relationship level" but it seems less personal than in the previous version. In the previous version of the game relationship progress felt more natural. Keep the leveling system, but maybe rename it "Affection Level" and make it easier to level when you do personal things with her.

IMHO, visiting the library to study should not gain "Affection XP" but snuggling with her should gain a LOT of "Affection XP."

But, overall, the game is outstanding. Don't let the negative comments get to you. (y)

Last edited:

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If it's any consolation, this is because people love your game with a passion and were worried they had lost something that special. That's because you made a truly great game that is truly memorable. Personally, I think you did make positive changes. I appropriate working less tedious now and you made text easier to read. I still have constructive feedback, but I realize this change is a work in progress and improvements will come down the line.

One thing though, I wish you could "buy" any item as long as you could afford it, instead of waiting until you reach the correct "level." I realize this leveling feature is meant to simulate your "relationship level" but it seems less personal than in the previous version. In the previous version of the game relationship progress felt more natural. Keep the leveling system, but maybe rename it "Affection Level" and make it easier to level when you do personal things with her.

IMHO, visiting the library to study should not gain "Affection XP" but snuggling with her should gain a LOT of "Affection XP."

But, overall, the game is outstanding. Don't let the negative comments get to you. (y)
Thanks for the kind words.

I think the levelling will feel more personal when I add more dialogue/conversations that talk about how your relationship is progressing and the new things you can do/just did. For instance, after the first time you have sex Sarah could talk to you about it and how she missed sex when you were apart. This would take the scene and tie it into the story more.

I'm not against the rename. I may do that.

I wanted to give you xp for everything. It gives everything a reward and thus makes the experience more enjoyable, even if only by a very small amount. That's why yo get xp for working and studying. Also, I'd argue that you're paying for Sarah to live in your apartment and to eat and so on, so your work does add to your relationship because you do it for her. The library didn't originally give you xp, but I decided to add it. It's something that I may remove but I'd have to add something else to the library. I'm not sure what that would be though, and I don't mean scenes. The amount of XP is more about guiding the player. I want you to try every scene, so you get double xp the first time you watch a scene. I want you to read the story, so that gives triple a generic conversation.

If it didn't seem silly, I'd make generic conversations give 10xp and watching a scene 5xp. Why? Because that means that you'll only watch a scene if you want to watch it. The worst thing about Big Brother wasn't getting lost and not knowing what to do, it was that I was made to watch the same scenes over and over and over. The game took Lisa, potentially the best-looking character in any adult game imo, and make scenes of her not enjoyable to watch after a long time playing. I may actually make that switch, but my mind fights it so hard.

Reactions: Heml0ck

cutebooyy

Oct 8, 2017
and here is my unofficial android port of Shaping her Future v0.09.02
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )
updated: 16.11.2018
Why I can't get pass the naming!!!!!? the enter key not working during character naming. How to rectify it.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Why I can't get pass the naming!!!!!? the enter key not working during character naming. How to rectify it.
Try using another Virtual keyboard, see a post from the66 quoted below.
lately there were some posts in game threads, reporting problems of dysfunctional <enter> keys, mainly when inputting character names.
the latest ren'py versions seem to have problems with certain virtual keyboards. although stated in the changelog as problem solved, the issue appears still present.
if you have trouble, to finalize your inputs, try another virtual keyboard. i was told should work.

Reactions: the66 and Ellaraia

Taboo Lord

Oct 12, 2017
I'm slightly reducing the xp required to level up but if you don't like the scenes, this won't matter to you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks I actually appreciate you responding to my message. I noticed after a while that going to the library wasn't doing me any more good and at that point it seemed like I just needed to keep waiting until I leveled up to unlock more scenes

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Skimmed trough the game yesterday.
I think I like where it's going, but ether I'm blind (probably) or I saw no way to view the stats. I gain XP for stuff and all seem to just bunch in the same pool. Is there a reason there are separate XP groups?
One problem on the girlfriend route I saw is her complaining how she has no friends... and being pass out drunk on the couch the next day after a night out with her friends. Um... What?
Otherwise - as before the girl is cute. The story is interesting. I'm curious where this game will go. Good work so far @Ellaraia.

Asherdumort

Sep 18, 2018
Thanks.

Don't let it get you down, Ellaria. Long ago I had a furry persona and a page on Furnation. and I made a pic depicting him being skinned to protest the fur industry. BOY did I get flak for that because it was rather.. graphic. But it was my creation and I stick by it. It is more than obvious to me and many here that you've put a lot of thought, work and sweat into the game and believe me.. it IS appreciated. About the only thing I miss in the latest version is the spanking scenes. Not necessarily punishment, perhaps a playful or sensual spanking would be nice. Be well.

Last edited:

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah. I hope I don't get banned, but whatever happens, happens.
You could always leave the base files in the game, but only be able to activate it with a separate mod. Then only release the mod outside patreon. Then there would be no incest to get banned for, but there also would be...

Or, have it like an activation code. I've seen that in other games, where the game gives an option of what to call one of the characters, and if you put in the right name, it unlocks the incest stuff.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
What level do you have to be to unlock the 'drunk on the couch' night time scene? Attaining this is my ultimate goal.

There's an unofficial cheat mod in the OP, but it needs to be updated for this rework. The 'money cheat' part of it still works.
That's end-game content. It's cool that I can say that about my game. Unlocked at 15 with the scenes unlocked at 16, 18 and 20.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
You could always leave the base files in the game, but only be able to activate it with a separate mod. Then only release the mod outside patreon. Then there would be no incest to get banned for, but there also would be...

Or, have it like an activation code. I've seen that in other games, where the game gives an option of what to call one of the characters, and if you put in the right name, it unlocks the incest stuff.
That's how I it works now, but the line of what patreon accepts is rather fuzzy.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Skimmed trough the game yesterday.
I think I like where it's going, but ether I'm blind (probably) or I saw no way to view the stats. I gain XP for stuff and all seem to just bunch in the same pool. Is there a reason there are separate XP groups?
One problem on the girlfriend route I saw is her complaining how she has no friends... and being pass out drunk on the couch the next day after a night out with her friends. Um... What?
Otherwise - as before the girl is cute. The story is interesting. I'm curious where this game will go. Good work so far @Ellaraia.
All the xp is the same. What you're thinking is the name is just telling you why you got the xp.

She has one or two friends, however, you just gave me a good idea for something. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Don't let it get you down, Ellaria. Long ago I had a furry persona and a page on Furnation. and I made a pic depicting him being skinned to protest the fur industry. BOY did I get flak for that because it was rather.. graphic. But it was my creation and I stick by it. It is more than obvious to me and many here that you've put a lot of thought, work and sweat into the game and believe me.. it IS appreciated. About the only thing I miss in the latest version is the spanking scenes. Not necessarily punishment, perhaps a playful or sensual spanking would be nice. Be well.
Thanks.

Spanking will return in 0.12. I don't mind the idea of playful spanking. I'd have to find a good reason to-- got it! Anyway, I won't have the images until 0.12 but yeah.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
@Ellaraia I must say: I love your creativity. "This is why X is like that and not the other way... oh, that gave me an idea"
It's good to see creative people working on games. And considering you have proven that you aren't afraid to re do the whole mechanical aspect of the game if need be - I am hopeful for the future.
PS: I didn't notice paying rent or any other ongoing expense. Makes money just a time-sink mechanic.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
@Ellaraia I must say: I love your creativity. "This is why X is like that and not the other way... oh, that gave me an idea"
It's good to see creative people working on games. And considering you have proven that you aren't afraid to re do the whole mechanical aspect of the game if need be - I am hopeful for the future.
PS: I didn't notice paying rent or any other ongoing expense. Makes money just a time-sink mechanic.
Thanks.

Birth control and lube are on-going expenses, and gifts will come in a mini-update on Monday - the final of 0.09/0.10 - so you can spend on them too. I had rent previously, and even in this update, but I didn't like how it worked and removed it. I should probably spend a day making an image or two so I can add it how I want it.

Reactions: hameleona

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I love the writing for the sister (might actually go back and try the other paths but the sister path is the main draw by far). The backstory is great and the overall pace of the game is easy going which is a nice change.

I wouldn't mind having a bit more info on intelligence or any other stats because it took me awhile to figure what role it played in studying.

This is quickly becoming a game that I am actively looking forward to.

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes