• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Do you prefer bigger updates or smaller, but more frequent ones?

• Larger releases (Current rate of about 1 Chapter per 3 months)

Votes: 1,430 88.3%
  • Smaller, regular updates every 1-1.5 months (Based on in-game days)

Votes: 189 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Just wanted to say even tho I ive yet to play the update I can't wait to see what in store for us. I can't wait to play this update however I have like 9 other updates on the backlog and I had to replay a certain well known game and all it's path that burnt me out to where I feel I need to play new titles for awhile right before this came out. As this is one of those games I consider being worth replaying before every update for me personally.
No worries about not having the right mindset to play right now.
Burnout is a thing when it comes to stuff like this and playing something at the wrong time will only lead to less enjoyment.
I'm glad you like my VN enough to play through it each time. That means a lot to me, thanks.

Reactions: Impurity2937

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
About Katy after 2 episodes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd like to know, what was the deal with all this before deciding if I want to do something with her. Oh, i needed to chose the right option for that and she explained all that more or less. But her motivation is still superweird:
That totally doesn't make any sense. Why can't I just ask her what the hell she wants and how she sees all that? Instead I still have two options.
Such a hot looking girl and such mess..
Hi!
You're probably right about the fact that the point at which you as the MC have to decide if you should commit to having fun with Katy comes too soon. I didn't see anyone bring that up before, as Katy is one of many people's faves, but I can see where you're coming from too.

As for her turning you down if suggest having sex, it really is just a matter of not having enough relationship points with her. However, this did get me thinking that I should do more test playthroughs where the MC gets turned down by the girls and how well their stories flow when that happens. Right now, most of my testing is focused on playthroughs where the MC accepts/declines the path of the different LIs himself.

maybemaybe

Sep 16, 2018
As for her turning you down if suggest having sex, it really is just a matter of not having enough relationship points with her. However, this did get me thinking that I should do more test playthroughs where the MC gets turned down by the girls and how well their stories flow when that happens. Right now, most of my testing is focused on playthroughs where the MC accepts/declines the path of the different LIs himself.
Hey! I've completely forgotten about the points, tried to play with mod, but with other girls everything was pretty straightforward and logical, so i turned it off. With Katy, evidently, points I had weren't enough. Maybe because some of the choices I've made were made out of confusion about her dissapearing out of MC's life after college. The reason was partly explained in later episodes, although I still don't get why couldn't she just called him or vice versa.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Hey! I've completely forgotten about the points, tried to play with mod, but with other girls everything was pretty straightforward and logical, so i turned it off. With Katy, evidently, points I had weren't enough. Maybe because some of the choices I've made were made out of confusion about her dissapearing out of MC's life after college. The reason was partly explained in later episodes, although I still don't get why couldn't she just called him or vice versa.
The MC and Katy will come back to that topic soon, but obviously that doesn't mitigate the fact that you as the player are more clueless than you should be if you're trying to immerse yourself as the MC.

It's a frequent problem of mine where I know something, the MC knows something, but you as the player don't. Oftentimes that's intentional, but there are also situations where you're forced to make decisions without having the information you should have. I'll try to touch up the dialogue here and there, and I'm trying to reduce the number of times that happens going forward, but this is still an issue that I will only be able to completely address in my next game, if I ever get to make it.

maybemaybe

Sep 16, 2018
It's a frequent problem of mine where I know something, the MC knows something, but you as the player don't. Oftentimes that's intentional, but there are also situations where you're forced to make decisions without having the information you should have. I'll try to touch up the dialogue here and there, and I'm trying to reduce the number of times that happens going forward, but this is still an issue that I will only be able to completely address in my next game, if I ever get to make it.
Yep, something in the episode when she appears would've been great. I've run into such problem huge time just today before playing "Seeking Closure", in "The Nymphomaniac". Some girl wanted sex and I didn't know who she was to me, besides her name. But here it is very slight, more about polishing and finishing touches. If we talking about this - when I met El at the pool, I was thinking that she was my ex I dumped, not my best friend, for quite a long time. Maybe I've read something wrong in that episode.

And what's with "if I ever get to make it"? You can create unique looking characters with unique personalities, cool MC's best friends, you can write funny dialogues and hilarious banters. Come on, man, you are a very good author already and you will only be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Crystallo

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
The MC and Katy will come back to that topic soon, but obviously that doesn't mitigate the fact that you as the player are more clueless than you should be if you're trying to immerse yourself as the MC.
yeah, you are right, as a player, while immersing myself, I only see and know what you show me, so far I tried to be as natural as I could, acting more on instincts and it was all fine, though i haven't played last update yet.
i admit, having some background info before making some not obvious choices would be great, but it is also an additional work as well, I understand it

anyways, I like your game very much, one of my favorite ones nonetheles

Reactions: Captain Crystallo

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Yep, something in the episode when she appears would've been great. I've run into such problem huge time just today before playing "Seeking Closure", in "The Nymphomaniac". Some girl wanted sex and I didn't know who she was to me, besides her name. But here it is very slight, more about polishing and finishing touches. If we talking about this - when I met El at the pool, I was thinking that she was my ex I dumped, not my best friend, for quite a long time. Maybe I've read something wrong in that episode.

And what's with "if I ever get to make it"? You can create unique looking characters with unique personalities, cool MC's best friends, you can write funny dialogues and hilarious banters. Come on, man, you are a very good author already and you will only be better.
I'll be sure to add some appropriate background information when seeing Katy and El for the first time (and maybe some other instances as well) either to the MC's thoughts or by sprinkling it into the dialogue while trying to make it sound natural. It won't help anyone who's already played it, but it will at least make things clearer for future players.

Thank you for the compliments, but the "if I ever get to make it" mostly refers to the fact that I'm Ukrainian and there's a decently high chance I'll be mobilized into the army at some point, and well.. I don't know if I'll be coming back alive and if I am - it's no secret that war changes and traumatizes people, so who knows what my worldview and priorities would be like at that point.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexMpog

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
but the number of such choices gets reduced over time since I had a lot of people complaining about "meaningless" options that all lead to the same result (aka the little differences in flavor seemed to annoy them more than anything).
oh, also, I get that probably majority of players don't like choices that only slightly change some dialogues, but i want to say that personally I find this approach very enjoyable, i like the diversity of playing through, even if it's sometimes only in dialogues

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
I'm glad you appreciated the little differences in dialogue based on your choices, but the number of such choices gets reduced over time since I had a lot of people complaining about "meaningless" options that all lead to the same result (aka the little differences in flavor seemed to annoy them more than anything).
Hmm... Not to many can appreciate true art of language it seems but I can relate to that. There are many, many games out there which tried to do the same with rather more annoying and less successful way so I don't blame people to be annoyed right away seeing solution like that. Nevertheless, good job with that.

I've run into such problem huge time just today before playing "Seeking Closure", in "The Nymphomaniac". Some girl wanted sex and I didn't know who she was to me, besides her name.
That is quite common thing unfortunately - lack of little introduction. There are scenarios where a little bit of mystery is good but it should be relieved at the time where player needs to make some decisions. I remember I had this problem in STWA: Unbroken without playing The Author first. MC got a lot of complicated relations with bunch of people straight from the start and even knowing some of them from previous game was not easy to understand what is actually going on both around him and in his head. Where it all began is another tough example and for me it became so unclear what is going on there I actually dropped this game to trash. As far as I remember Summer's gone has also some mystery but it is written much much better.

But yeah, that is the part of writing skill. Most people just see pretty renders and some dialogues but combining it all in right way is what makes game either good or not.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
oh, also, I get that probably majority of players don't like choices that only slightly change some dialogues, but i want to say that personally I find this approach very enjoyable, i like the diversity of playing through, even if it's sometimes only in dialogues
Hmm... Not to many can appreciate true art of language it seems but I can relate to that. There are many, many games out there which tried to do the same with rather more annoying and less successful way so I don't blame people to be annoyed right away seeing solution like that. Nevertheless, good job with that.
I appreciate stuff like that too. It's hard to gauge the percentage of people who feel one way about it or another, so I have no clue if deciding to cut down on such dialogue options was the right move or not.

That is quite common thing unfortunately - lack of little introduction. There are scenarios where a little bit of mystery is good but it should be relieved at the time where player needs to make some decisions. I remember I had this problem in STWA: Unbroken without playing The Author first. MC got a lot of complicated relations with bunch of people straight from the start and even knowing some of them from previous game was not easy to understand what is actually going on both around him and in his head. Where it all began is another tough example and for me it became so unclear what is going on there I actually dropped this game to trash. As far as I remember Summer's gone has also some mystery but it is written much much better, despite bei But yeah, that is the part of writing skill. Most people just see pretty renders and some dialogues but combining it all in right way is what makes game either good or not.
TIL that Unbroken actually has a game that precedes it. I'll be sure to play through it before getting back to it.
I also agree with the fact that Summer's Gone handles its mysterious elements better, although I didn't play WIAB after the rework yet so maybe it got changed for the better.

Reactions: AlexMpog

maybemaybe

Sep 16, 2018
Thank you for the compliments, but the "if I ever get to make it" mostly refers to the fact that I'm Ukrainian and there's a decently high chance I'll be mobilized into the army at some point, and well.. I don't know if I'll be coming back alive and if I am - it's no secret that war changes and traumatizes people, so who knows what my worldview and priorities would be like at that point.
Hopefully that useless war will be all over as soon as possible and you'll be far from it. Because you have a real talent for creating Vn's

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
maybemaybe
In regard to the hairstyles that you've mentioned in your review. I also much prefer Katy's and Fleur's haircuts in the past, but I thought it was a bit unrealistic for them to keep the same hairstyle for 5 years, which is why I decided to change them. I've been debating doing a poll on my Patreon to ask people if they'd like for some of the LIs to get their hairstyles back (as in, they've met the MC again and it inspired them to go back to the look they've had back then or something), but hadn't gone around to it yet.

Reactions: maybemaybe

maybemaybe

Sep 16, 2018
maybemaybe
In regard to the hairstyles that you've mentioned in your review. I also much prefer Katy's and Fleur's haircuts in the past, but I thought it was a bit unrealistic for them to keep the same hairstyle for 5 years, which is why I decided to change them. I've been debating doing a poll on my Patreon to ask people if they'd like for some of the LIs to get their hairstyles back (as in, they've met the MC again and it inspired them to go back to the look they've had back then or something), but hadn't gone around to it yet.
I was thinking that for Katy growing long hair makes a lot of sence plotwise since she is living through tough times. If (fingers crossed) she manages to get through, cutting them short again would symbolize her being her cheerful self again.
As for Fleur, I was thinking the same thing as you- logically she grew, she changed and all that, but at the same time that was SUCH a damn shame for her to lose her tomboyish charm.
If you want I can delete that later not to spoil possible variants if you like any.

Last edited:

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I was thinking that for Katy growing long hair makes a lot of sence plotwise since she is living through tough times. If (fingers crossed) she manages to get through, cutting them short again would symbolize her being her cheerful self again.
As for Fleur, I was thinking the same thing as you- logically she grew, she changed and all that, but at the same time that was SUCH a damn shame for her to lose her tomboyish charm.
If you want I can delete that later not to spoil possible variants if you like any.
Yeah, I had a similar line of thinking and I might implement it closely to how you've suggested it. The only thing is that it won't be up to the player in-game if a LI changes her hairstyle or not because that would mean I'd to render all future scenes with them twice for each hairstyle, which is too much work for not enough benefit. I'll probably just make a poll on Patreon and maybe here and the side that loses will just have to live with it, sadly.

maybemaybe

Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, I had a similar line of thinking and I might implement it closely to how you've suggested it. The only thing is that it won't be up to the player in-game if a LI changes her hairstyle or not because that would mean I'd to render all future scenes with them twice for each hairstyle, which is too much work for not enough benefit. I'll probably just make a poll on Patreon and maybe here and the side that loses will just have to live with it, sadly.
Double renders crossed my mind, but inspiration carried me away higher than tecnical details. Come on, Patreon! Go for Team Tomboy!

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Is there any way you can upgrade the interaction of the sex scenes and, possibly, prolong them, as well? They are so short, lifeless, and boring. The MC acts no more stimulated while having an orgasm than eating a worm or taking a crap. At the very least, he could announce to his LI that he is going to cum.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Is there any way you can upgrade the interaction of the sex scenes and, possibly, prolong them, as well? They are so short, lifeless, and boring. The MC acts no more stimulated while having an orgasm than eating a worm or taking a crap. At the very least, he could announce to his LI that he is going to cum.
Hey,
I'll try to make the sex scenes more engaging going forward, and I plan to revisit and brush up on some of the existing scenes before finishing and publishing the first part of the game (after Chapter 8).

Reactions: UnfinishedSentenc

Jul 15, 2021
Man, if you went to a resort with your significant other IRL and spent 90% of your time there with other people (seperate of the SO), they'd almost certainly be supremely pissed at you.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes