• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
It seems like I'm blind lmao

Fair enough.

Edit: Wait a minute, no I'm not blind. I went back to check and there's no such option. The only question that pops up is whether I want NTR content and after that the prologue begins. Has the Steam version not been updated to include it?

soc_skip-ezgif.com-crop.gif

0.4.04 dev, downloaded from link on the first page and just tested. And it's been there for a really looong time. My only guess is that the option was removed from the Steam version. For whatever reason.

e: After taking a glance at the code: you have to complete prologue/intro at least once before you can skip it (i.e persistent.prologue_complete must be True).

Last edited:

JC20194

Jun 14, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated the replay mod for 0.4.04. Let me know if there's any issues, thanks!

The built-in gallery is always 1 release behind. The mod brings the gallery up to date by adding the new scenes, and then it's rolled into the game for the next release (but again will be 1 release behind). You can grab the mod from this site when it's updated and use that on each new release to see the new scenes that way, but if you don't mind waiting then it'll be in the game for the next release or you can see them as you play naturally.
Does anyone have the android version of the updated replay mod ?

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
in other games the whole orc camp / goblin camp would be worth 1 update cycle, maybe 2-3 month work, but with these guys they make it seem like they delivered an everest of content when they finish it, Im still not sure if the game is scam or what, I bought game on steam when it was released but decided to replay it when they will finish the first chapter at least, and I'm still waiting. The art is great, don't get me wrong but with money they making how about recruiting another artist or two to speed things up?!
The crazy thing is, the issue is not art. It's writing. The artists have kept up just fine. The programmer doesn't seem to be struggling to implement what is delivered to them. But the writers are either all burned out or just don't have time for the project cause most of them don't even deliver a scene every two months.

manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
The crazy thing is, the issue is not art. It's writing. The artists have kept up just fine. The programmer doesn't seem to be struggling to implement what is delivered to them. But the writers are either all burned out or just don't have time for the project cause most of them don't even deliver a scene every two months.
how is that fucking possible? I'm also fan of Lil and author writes 60-70k words every single month,just one guy, what is going on?

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
how is that fucking possible? I'm also fan of Lil and author writes 60-70k words every single month,just one guy, what is going on?
Honestly, no idea. But when it comes to the art, the process is that any scenes added in an update will always get their art added in the next update and often some older scenes will also get updated art so that is not their issue at all. Last month the project lead (who I think also is the programmer) started recruiting new writers.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Honestly, no idea. But when it comes to the art, the process is that any scenes added in an update will always get their art added in the next update and often some older scenes will also get updated art so that is not their issue at all. Last month the project lead (who I think also is the programmer) started recruiting new writers.
I don't think that's is really fair. It is great for their fans if Lil can put out a short novel every month, but putting out that amount of quality written content is an anomaly, not the standard. Even most professional authors only manage about one book a year.

And from my understanding all the writers for SoC have day jobs and/or other projects they are part of. This game is more like a side hustle for a lot of the creative team.

manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
I don't think that's is really fair. It is great for their fans if Lil can put out a short novel every month, but putting out that amount of quality written content is an anomaly, not the standard. Even most professional authors only manage about one book a year.

And from my understanding all the writers for SoC have day jobs and/or other projects they are part of. This game is more like a side hustle for a lot of the creative team.
understandable, but 10k budget a month should probably afford at least 1 full-time writer aboard, but its just personal opinion

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
understandable, but 10k budget a month should probably afford at least 1 full-time writer aboard, but its just personal opinion
That's not your opinion, thats common sense.
Of course the developers also follow common sense: They work at their prefered pace, since there are no drawbacks in doing so.
The only people without common sense are the patreons who enable and finance this development pace.

$10,000 isn't that much when you split it between 7-12 people (I'm not sure the the exact team size currently)
Yeah, only 833$-1428$, no one would be willing to work for that little amount.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
$10,000 isn't that much when you split it between 7-12 people (I'm not sure the the exact team size currently)
On top of that there's the patreon cut and taxes. At best SoC is a side hustle for everyone involved, if anyone is working on it full time instead of part time then either the Steam release has to be bringing in thousands and thousands of dollars every month or their living situation is somehow completely devoid of financial burden and like $4,800 a year is somehow profitable for them.

Reactions: Wiliam 1234567

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
The writing room narrative since I have followed has been:

Hooky, Winter, Rein, Exaggie
+ Wildquill
- Winter
- Wildquill
+Nyx
-Exaggie
- Hooky
+ Whoever LA recruits next.

I dunno what the rooms financials are like- but at least one of them is a hobbiest who has another real world job based on chat histories. My impression was a few of them lived abroad in places with cheaper CoL, but not that many of them. I think a lot of them were doing writing as their primary source of income though. A few worked multiple projects tho.

The artists have remained the same though afik their workload dropped since they since the reworked art was all put into the same style. I know they have been doing commissions ect. Sommlier didn't used to do those.

So the currently remaining writers are Rein / Nyx. Rein being the only one left from the batch when I first started keeping track of the game.

I checked the steam profits at some point and they were estimated at 300,000 K or so over the game's lifetime on steam. I dunno what the monthly looks like or when they stared their steam sales- but I imagine they had a big burst of buyers early and it has been more of a trickle since then. Steam tends to take about 30%. Patreon takes 8-12 % + payment processing fees- and that is assuming they created their patreon b4 patreon raised their rates. Processing cuts into those low tier sub payouts quite a lot. Divide that by X, where X = the number of staff.

The game *has* to be suffering financially. It has maintained the same level of sales for years and years, but the CoL has gone WAY, WAY up in the western world. So yeah, workin' for peanuts I'd guess.

Last edited:

gintamago

Sep 17, 2018
Is there a timeline from devs on when the goblin side quests are all done? It's really the only major thing I'm looking forward to.

Erectosaurus

Dec 28, 2018
I think this game suffers a bit from being overambitious. Should've focused on the initial characters before branching out into worldbuilding and these major battle events. Another game I've been following for years Kingdom of Deception has the same problem (although that one has a bunch more problems).

Reactions: Jack O Man

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Update 4.04 had any new content despite remaking of things we cant access anymore if we have already played the game? I spent a while trying to walk around the quest tracker spots, but NOTHING happened.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Update 4.04 had any new content despite remaking of things we cant access anymore if we have already played the game? I spent a while trying to walk around the quest tracker spots, but NOTHING happened.
You can see what is new in the changelog present in the original post (first page).

Edit: But now that I take a look at it it looks kinda incomplete (below is what can be found in the Steam update post).

NEW CONTENT UPDATE
Fresh goblin pussy, get it while it's hot!

NEW ART:
32 CGs (with 92 variants)

NEW SCENES & EVENTS:
One new main story event, the Astarte war council (with two new sex scenes, Andras x Rowan, and Rowan x X'zaratl)
Two new Blackholt Goblin Arc events (with one new sex scene, Rowan & Tue-Row x Zii-Zii)
One new Helayna event (with one new sex scene, Orcs x Helayna)
One new Fae Arc event (with one sex scene with two variant paths, Rowan x Whitescar or Whitescar x Rowan)
One sex scene has been added to the Andras Arc finale (Andras x Rowan)
One sex scene has been added to the Liurial Arc finale (Rowan x Liural & Alexia)
One sex scene added to the Aryzl riddle event (Rowan x Jezera & Arzyl)
A meeting with Alexia has been added to the pre-Astarte battle event, with both low/not-low relationship variants (includes one sex scene, with two more to follow based on Alexia's level of corruption).
If the chaos incursion Rip and Tear has been completed, Ghorza can now be visited prior to the battle of Astarte in the pre-Astarte battle event.
A new Jezera-focused threesome has been added to the Arzyl riddle competition fey event.
Both the Helayna's day off events have been substantially reworked, with one new and one extended sex scene.

REWORKED SCENES:
The Rowan helps Helayna escape event has been edited to bring it in line with the rest of the new Helayna content
You can now fulfil Mission 3 requirements by completing the Blackholt storyline

OTHER:
Bunch of bugs squashed
Whitescar and Heartsong paths have been separated, both are available in Whitescar's room

4.00 star(s) 160 Votes