VN Unity Abandoned Screw Wars IV: A New Cock [v0.6.6 Beta] [SkullYakker]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

mothballd

Jul 25, 2017
Curious what he ended up deciding to do regarding continuing the visual novel VS restarting on the KOTOR engine. Hopefully still working the VN, but no activity on his Patreon since the May 4 poll... maybe he's gotten discouraged because of the lack of support and negative feedback?

Reactions: fromqb
U

User_17502

Curious what he ended up deciding to do regarding continuing the visual novel VS restarting on the KOTOR engine. Hopefully still working the VN, but no activity on his Patreon since the May 4 poll... maybe he's gotten discouraged because of the lack of support and negative feedback?
I spoke with him a few weeks ago but he’s been radio silent since then. I’m not sure what’s happening boys. (Why does this always seem to happen???)

U

User_17502

I dont know. I always had the impression that the guy really didnt have much of an idea on where did he want to progress to with the game anyways.
I was actually contacted by Skull to help out with development of the game a few weeks ago. After playing through the buggy mess that was left of the game I had several suggestions as to the plot as well as the development.

After he contacted me again today I decided to be transparent with the community and hear what you guys think of my plans. Warning: these might not be implemented in the game.

Firstly I was going to change the setting of the story completely. This story would take place in between episode 7 and 8. This would have very little tie ins with the films and instead would be set in a different part of the galaxy all together.

Secondly, I was going to change the location. The story would take place on several different planets witha spaceship acting as a hub world for the player.

Thirdly, Heavily inspired by SWOTR I was going to make the game based around the light dark system as well as a companion and combat system.

I would have changed the story completely. It would have been much more grand with each world having an entire storyline and a girl or girls to bang on each planet. No where near as amazing as an entire movie but something that would be worthy of the Star Wars name. This would also allow for patrons to request or vote on content they wanted in the game. (Sorry boys, money talks.)

Lastly I would really like to change the game from unity to renpy. There are too many problems with unity in this game in my opinion. There isn’t much reason to develop a game in unity however I would understand if Skull felt the need to stay with the same system.

So what do you guys think. Like my plans?

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I was actually contacted by Skull to help out with development of the game a few weeks ago. After playing through the buggy mess that was left of the game I had several suggestions as to the plot as well as the development.

After he contacted me again today I decided to be transparent with the community and hear what you guys think of my plans. Warning: these might not be implemented in the game.

Firstly I was going to change the setting of the story completely. This story would take place in between episode 7 and 8. This would have very little tie ins with the films and instead would be set in a different part of the galaxy all together.

Secondly, I was going to change the location. The story would take place on several different planets witha spaceship acting as a hub world for the player.

Thirdly, Heavily inspired by SWOTR I was going to make the game based around the light dark system as well as a companion and combat system.

I would have changed the story completely. It would have been much more grand with each world having an entire storyline and a girl or girls to bang on each planet. No where near as amazing as an entire movie but something that would be worthy of the Star Wars name. This would also allow for patrons to request or vote on content they wanted in the game. (Sorry boys, money talks.)

Lastly I would really like to change the game from unity to renpy. There are too many problems with unity in this game in my opinion. There isn’t much reason to develop a game in unity however I would understand if Skull felt the need to stay with the same system.

It sounds much better than what right now, given that what we have at present is a supposedly a Star Wars game that has nothing of interest about Star Wars.

Like, a dude that lives in some kind of scrapyard and goes to a party with his girlfriend... WOW

Also the change from Unity to Renpy would probably be good too, since there wasnt really any reason to warrant the use of Unity for this game anyways.

Quazar87

May 6, 2017
Eh, to me the light side vs dark side thing is pretty played out. And fundamentally, I think the thing that plagues all these moderately successful early access indie games is feature creep. I think it would be far more reasonable to make a focused game with limited themes and direct paths. The draw of adult games is the sex scenes after all. Engaging sex scenes with interesting and varied characters is all that fans want. Not complex combat mechanics.

If the game were merely about a slave trafficker who delivers cargo around the Outer Rim, or even into the Core while dodging authorities, then that would be enough. Have some generic girls, maybe give you the chance to upgrade them or to get higher quality girls with better relationships with suppliers or a more powerful ship. Have a few specific ones you can make personal slaves, and give them varied personalities/appearances and sex scenes.

Have the goal be to make enough to money to build your own slave palace a la Jabba or something.

Reactions: bigpenniser
U

User_17502

Eh, to me the light side vs dark side thing is pretty played out. And fundamentally, I think the thing that plagues all these moderately successful early access indie games is feature creep. I think it would be far more reasonable to make a focused game with limited themes and direct paths. The draw of adult games is the sex scenes after all. Engaging sex scenes with interesting and varied characters is all that fans want. Not complex combat mechanics.

If the game were merely about a slave trafficker who delivers cargo around the Outer Rim, or even into the Core while dodging authorities, then that would be enough. Have some generic girls, maybe give you the chance to upgrade them or to get higher quality girls with better relationships with suppliers or a more powerful ship. Have a few specific ones you can make personal slaves, and give them varied personalities/appearances and sex scenes.

Have the goal be to make enough to money to build your own slave palace a la Jabba or something.
Ah sorry. Feature creep is real!
The inclusion of a combat system was supposed to be rudimentary. A nice change from just clicking one of two decisions. It also has other applications.

With regards to the sex focused idea. I don’t find that to be the case. A lot of very successful games have an engaging and compelling story. This gives the sex acts meaning and distinguishes the genre from generic Life Selector type games. Story matters most in my mind.

L☹VE

Devil May Cry
Donor
Nov 21, 2017

i know ur ntr fan, so there will be a lot of ntr, right?

Reactions: User_17502

Quazar87

May 6, 2017
With regards to the sex focused idea. I don’t find that to be the case. A lot of very successful games have an engaging and compelling story. This gives the sex acts meaning and distinguishes the genre from generic Life Selector type games. Story matters most in my mind.
Which games are you referencing specifically? I'm talking about games like Lab Rats, House Arrest, Princess Trainer, Snow Daze, etc. Games that have actually managed to reach a completed, or basically completed, state. They had a specific consistent theme and stuck to it.

Story only matters if it doesn't suck. This is a website for sex games. Even the most competently written sex game isn't going to succeed with an atrociously long story.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018

Which games are you referencing specifically? I'm talking about games like Lab Rats, House Arrest, Princess Trainer, Snow Daze, etc. Games that have actually managed to reach a completed, or basically completed, state. They had a specific consistent theme and stuck to it.

Story only matters if it doesn't suck. This is a website for sex games. Even the most competently written sex game isn't going to succeed with an atrociously long story.
Do you mean, a "Something Unlimited" mechanics game with a Star Wars environment?

U

User_17502

i know ur ntr fan, so there will be a lot of ntr, right?
Actually no. I like NTR but I don’t plan on making this game have a lot of NTR. The only NTR planned for the moment is the girlfriend scene. Everything else will be other stuff. It’s much better to have a variety of stuff you can do especially in the Star Wars universe. Too many species to bang lol.

U

User_17502

I agree. I don’t plan on continuously changing the game. I just plan on a restart this time since this is the first time I got involved with the project. After this change the themes will stay the same if I am allowed to do so. There already is a full end to this game planned. It just needs to be remade and that will take some time.
I don’t want this game to be like another akubur rip off. Instead I want the game to be more like Summertime Saga, You have places to go and people to bang but they all have their own quest and story as well.

Reactions: JonathanSmiftIII

mothballd

Jul 25, 2017
I'm encouraged by Skull opening up and talking with you, and inviting you in to help with the game. I think it speaks for him wanting to continue this and speaks well for the games future in general. I really like the theme and game so far, so yay!

I get easily attached to female characters, so I'm intrigued by all of the current females in Screw Wars, even that bitch of a girlfriend and the prospect of revenge on her. But beyond that, for my 2 cents I honestly don't have strong feelings about where it's set in the SW universe or even when. Changing the when & where to somewhere obscure might help with avoiding copyright attention.

I like the idea of the companion system, ala SWTOR. Light/dark sounds like a play on the kind/cruel mechanic seen in a lot of adult games.

I'm all vertical thumbs here.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018

I've been thinking about this idea of being in a ship, and interacting with different girls, and I have but one question:

How many of you would like a game like this? a mix between this "screw-wars" and "princess-trainer/something-unlimited"? (If you're lazy to answer but you like the idea of a Screw-Trainer-Unlimited game, you can just vote the post)

churrored

Nov 5, 2017
basically my game crashes whenever i try and talk to the girlfriend in the corridor, just want the girlfriend scene really

XXI

Jan 21, 2018
Is there an explanation as to why my norton antivirus detected SONAR.Heur.RGC!g519 in the game folder from zippyshare.com for the PC ?

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes