• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Abandoned SBU: The Last Laugh [v0.16] [XavierVCP]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
No more games for me. I'm an author and tried to add some of that into our gaming world. But after a certain point I realized that the game engine favoritism or the deathly horrible "ntr" tag that you have to put in every single game you make because a girl the main character likes who lives half away across the world and the mc only met her once feels like he is being cheated on because that said girl talked to another man while paying for a soda at a gas station. So...yeah. :p
I feel you brother. I really hate those vanilla crew who force this one cock to rule them all. It's really pathetic that they live vicariously through those VN to a point they see themselves as the MC instead of just appreciating a good sex scene for what it is.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Adds abandoned game
Leaves
Refuses to elaborate
I didn't add that. Some else did. This was updated months ago. I just never brought it up to staff for it to show because it was then I decided to quit making games and moved on. The reasons for why I quit are at the bottom of the second page of comments.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
I feel you brother. I really hate those vanilla crew who force this one cock to rule them all. It's really pathetic that they live vicariously through those VN to a point they see themselves as the MC instead of just appreciating a good sex scene for what it is.
Oh don't get me wrong. I adore the community. And everyone has their own tastes. I, however, make games based on choices. Otherwise it's not a game. It's a book. Thus adding NTR because *shakes his head* so I can get as many options as possible for as many pervs as possible to check out the games. BUT like another post stated in previous game...."it has ntr so I didn't bother." It just...put a bad taste in my mouth and I walked away. Not going to keep doing this if people see a tag they dislike and think that it is forced without asking or looking around to see if that is the case. It's just silly and I have since just moved on. You can't always appease everyone. And that's just the name of the game. No biggy. Cheers to everyone.

Trainer7

Feb 13, 2018
No more games for me. I'm an author and tried to add some of that into our gaming world. But after a certain point I realized that the game engine favoritism or the deathly horrible "ntr" tag that you have to put in every single game you make because a girl the main character likes who lives half away across the world and the mc only met her once feels like he is being cheated on because that said girl talked to another man while paying for a soda at a gas station. So...yeah. :p
I can understand engine favoritism, not everybody likes rpgmaker style or wants to deal with html or old rags and so on, and for my part when I see "other" it makes me question if it's something new and unstable or just known and lesser used. As for "ntr" I don't think some people actually understand what it is, and others just want to play harem games with no variation.

For what it's worth though, I think you should write the stories you want to write, and don't worry what other complain about; they'll like it or they won't.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
I can understand engine favoritism, not everybody likes rpgmaker style or wants to deal with html or old rags and so on, and for my part when I see "other" it makes me question if it's something new and unstable or just known and lesser used. As for "ntr" I don't think some people actually understand what it is, and others just want to play harem games with no variation.

For what it's worth though, I think you should write the stories you want to write, and don't worry what other complain about; they'll like it or they won't.
Fully agree, however creating these games, rendering, and then rendering movies is beyond time consuming. After a certain point, that time became worthless due to these issues. As I stated previously though, I adore the community. Just not interested in going further with 8 hours a day, 50+ pictures a day, for over 5k pics and then 100 videos for a complete game ------------X-------------an 8+ game epic saga with characters coming back. With a legacy of 300+ years of rich history that I built up before I even created a single character for the first game. <-----All of that...just kinda went away after the all was said and done.

Reactions: Pyrrical

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
I dont like NTR games(not saying this game is) but its your game, you can do whatever you want with it.
Im fine with a LI having a past or even fooling around with others if shes not commited to MC yet, but I prefer not see/hear about it.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
I dont like NTR games(not saying this game is) but its your game, you can do whatever you want with it.
Im fine with a LI having a past or even fooling around with others if shes not commited to MC yet, but I prefer not see/hear about it.
That's because your reasonable like I am. :p I'm also okay for people to be hardcore about it. It's no biggy. This wasn't an "anger quit" issue. Just a...meh. I'm done. To each their own. We all have our own fetishes. It's no big deal at all. We live, we move on.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Oh don't get me wrong. I adore the community. And everyone has their own tastes. I, however, make games based on choices. Otherwise it's not a game. It's a book. Thus adding NTR because *shakes his head* so I can get as many options as possible for as many pervs as possible to check out the games. BUT like another post stated in previous game...."it has ntr so I didn't bother." It just...put a bad taste in my mouth and I walked away. Not going to keep doing this if people see a tag they dislike and think that it is forced without asking or looking around to see if that is the case. It's just silly and I have since just moved on. You can't always appease everyone. And that's just the name of the game. No biggy. Cheers to everyone.
Personally I like NTR games, because it adds spice. But I don't get people who punish the game that has NTR optional and they could theoretically enjoy the game anyway.
Well... you cannot satisfy everyone - that's for sure. But if you enjoy doing something and you feel it has value, then you should do it anyway, because haters will always be whatever you do or not do. And people are different and have different intelligence, so maybe there is no point in satisfying those who are silly? :sneaky:

roarr

Sep 28, 2017
Updated months ago. Never brought up to the staff for front page post because I decided to quit at that time. So didn't bother. Read previous posts to get the entire story if you wish. Cheers.
Sucks man I really enjoyed the BET it was freeakin awsome and discovered this, got all excited to insta be disappointed lol oh well

PS: love NTR unfortuantly because of all the hate it gets, one of my fav. but i also prefer female protag (basically the bet lol)

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
A shame you called it quits. I only heard of this today. Enjoyed it. Now see it's aboned. Bummer.

Looked like it was heading in an interesting direction and plenty of kinky fun along the way.

Reactions: ustar and XavierVCP

roarr

Sep 28, 2017
wanted to add more, there is so much Harem game but is there any reverse Harem games? cant think of one, there plenty of female protag who become sluts, but i dont think I can think of a "reverse" Harem game where maybe they even live together, or maybe in the same building. that be hot

:eek:r the same office

Last edited:
Reactions: XavierVCP

Requiem131

May 19, 2021
It's a pity you abandoned the game, as it is actually looking pretty good. But I can understand the loss of motivation and will to go on due to those comments and the amount of work put into it.

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018

the thing about ntr is simply that :
I think it's ok for other characters to have relations between them, as long as it doesn't become a visible scene

I mean IRL you know that girl you had a crush on has sex with her boyfriend, but you don't care, it's not like they invite you to watch. But some games do that and I find it weird, a game that's played from the PoV of a protagonist shouldn't have stuff unrelated to him in it

(PS : I didn't even play the game I'm just assuming looking at the last couple comments, maybe what i'm saying has absolutely no point in this case)

Reactions: Teddy 369

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
I'm not in to NTR-like genre, but I prefer games that have it as option. Because most of the time main story only win from it, author not restrict himself and can put any ideas in game. Tolerable minus, it's take a lot of development time and route that I interested have smaller updates because of it.

Engine wise, only issue if it's lack of user friendly features, there plenty game with tag "Other" that have big followings

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022

TBF RPGM fucking blows

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote