• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Abandoned SBU: The Last Laugh [v0.16] [XavierVCP]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
So I played the game. Despite the tags, the game is not vanilla and got some good content. The problem is this engine. It fucking sucks. Idk why the dev is using such a bad engine. The image quality is very good, props to that. But the animations are quite bad. Nevertheless, good luck. I just wish you could use a better engine, you could have gained better support.

Da fuk?! I can't even save?
Don't know why that save thing is still an issue. But to load a save it's (start new game. Then click Title. Then Load game from that screen.) I don't get it. It's just silly.

Last edited:

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Don't know why that save thing is still an issue. But to load a save it's (start new game. Then click Title. Then Load game from that screen.) I don't get it. It's just silly.
What's just silly is that you described how to LOAD a save.
He very clearly stated that he can't make a SAVE.
If you have to go through the same steps it's very easy to see why he can't save. All of the game engines I've seen will lose any game data when you go to the title, and most will warn you that you'll lose any unsaved data by proceeding.

Either way, IT'S JUST SILLY to have to back out to the title screen to load a save.

slawam

Feb 22, 2019
nah bro he did answer just a little "funny" what he wrote does actually work. If you close the game and than start it up again and just load from the title screen you wont be able to save or load ingame. What you have to do is close game start it up again and start a new game and than load from there that way you will be able to save/load again.

Reactions: XavierVCP

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
nah bro he did answer just a little "funny" what he wrote does actually work. If you close the game and than start it up again and just load from the title screen you wont be able to save or load ingame. What you have to do is close game start it up again and start a new game and than load from there that way you will be able to save/load again.
Right! "The Bet" had the same problem and I thought it was because I created my own start menu that I screwed up the files for saving/loading. But for the life of me, I cannot find out why "LOAD" doesnt even let you click on it in game. And that I have to do all that hoopla to get to load the freaking save game or why the save doesn't work if you try and load from start menu. I agree with DeUglyOne...it truly is silly. I am currently looking elsewhere for a better proggy for these products.

Reactions: TheDick69+

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
I liked the start of the game, but as said before, the game engine is a big NO from me. So I'll check if the engine changes, then I'll try it again.
Glad you like the actual story line and characters. I am building using another engine. This one already does all the things.

Reactions: TheDick69+

BRoss5

Jul 29, 2018
Scene where a guy is erect in a room with other men present.
I guess this belongs in the gay genre.
I would say it depends on what he is thinking. More like who he's thinking especially if it's his dream girl crush.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
very promising start, especially the plot of Holly's interactions with other men
Thank you. I prefer options rather than a once size fits all model for characters. You do you I think. Also...I'm almost done with the redo engine so we no longer have to deal with the current crappy one. Will be a couple days.

Reactions: dr.ek

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
I liked the start of the game, but as said before, the game engine is a big NO from me. So I'll check if the engine changes, then I'll try it again.
The updated version of the game can be found here.
- Win64

- Win32

- Linux

- IoS

- Android

I sent out the links to the mod who posted this. They are quick to get the updated version to the site. Till they do, here is the raw links. Enjoy.

Reactions: ustar

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Looks interesting, but what engine is it using?
I changed the original engine to Tyrano. But don't bother. I have since stopped making this game or any other game. This was the last update from a LONG time ago.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Sbu the last Laugh [0.16] Win x32/x64:1.5 GB/ 243 (x32),(x64) 228MB (UnTested) : ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Trainer7

Feb 13, 2018
I changed the original engine to Tyrano. But don't bother. I have since stopped making this game or any other game. This was the last update from a LONG time ago.
Gotcha, it only now just came to my attention on the update feed. Think you'll work on other stuff or is this it for you, if you don't mind me asking?

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Gotcha, it only now just came to my attention on the update feed. Think you'll work on other stuff or is this it for you, if you don't mind me asking?
No more games for me. I'm an author and tried to add some of that into our gaming world. But after a certain point I realized that the game engine favoritism or the deathly horrible "ntr" tag that you have to put in every single game you make because a girl the main character likes who lives half away across the world and the mc only met her once feels like he is being cheated on because that said girl talked to another man while paying for a soda at a gas station. So...yeah. :p

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Are Big Ass and Big Tits avoidable?

That joke aside... would this update make the label "Abandoned" go away?
Oh no. It's done. I have since moved on back to writing books and creating movies on other sites that aren't adult sex oriented. Cheers.

Reactions: shadow5

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
A shame, I haven't tried the game but the story sounds very interesting.

Reactions: XavierVCP
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote