Ren'Py RWBY Trainer : Let's be honest, this is a [Devlog] now

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Things continue to go smooth.
Longer term stuff is starting to occur as I work on the project though.
I think I might wanna look at some stat rebalancing, I'm honestly not sure how quickly we wans break Ruby in.
On the one hand it'll be nice to get to dicking her down without forcing the issue reasonably quickly, on the other hand once we're training her academically too the daily accrual of any sexy stat bumps will double, and we don't want Ruby going from super reluctant to total painslut in less than an in-game week, because that'd feel unearned.

The actual writing and coding side of things is going smooth, but games design is new to me (bar some dabbling in UNITY when it first came out) and this is a pretty steep learning curve.

Anyway you all came here from the main thread to see if the MC and Glynda patched things up...... right?
Nope, just wanted more butt?
Both? Looks like probably not both, but the fun kind of not both.
pixai-1716199210830112789.png

Until next week you legends you :D

Reactions: IIllIlIlllIIlI

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Music.
So there's music now, but it keeps getting restarted by the changes in tone.
I'm gonna have to build some triggers to prevent it from resetting the music if you keep your behaviour consistent.

I'm also thinking about increasing the number of conditional training contingent triggers into the scenes etc once this major update is done. Make Ruby's behaviour and your interactions together more reactive and alive, but there's a lot to be doing first.

Building this is really different to building procedural software, not least of all because I keep finding myself adding new things to do as I playtest.
I can see how so many of these things with a Patreon or etc can end up turning into these odyssean projects.
Anyway, you came here for the butt, here's the butt.
pixai-1718687900774763679-2.png

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
This project will be 9 months old by the time that first sex sequence is finished.
Man.
When I started out on this journey it was all about "let's make a trainer game where there's no grind for sex, but grinding unlocks different sex", and 9 months of me grinding away and still no sex!
Madness.
I have a newfound appreciation for trainer projects now, the volume of writing that goes into just making some dialogue and making it change depending on stat levels is BONKERS.

I mean this project is now 13,500 lines of code/dialogue done and we're on ONE sex act and we haven't even got the second training location yet.

Still, they say do what you love and I do love a good trainer game.

Unexpected sidenote; my wife's taken to doing odd bits of playtesting for me here and there, and since she's the smart one the SPG should improve :D

Anyway, you came here for the butt. SO here's a but.
I didn't prompt the AI to have her being spanked by what appears to be a red ninja turtle, but a butt is a butt.
pixai-1721717234318841811-1.png

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
RIGHT!
With the update out I now have a serious decision to make.
I can polish a lot of this (SPG, fixing the music cues, tidying the code, rebalancing stat growth, etc.) but I'm stumped as to where to take this next.
I could add to the framework I have so far in a number of ways;
1: Academic Training (lvl1), Punishments(lvl1), Rewards, Sex(one type), and Aftercare.
- massive content block, but it would round out the second part of the day.
2: Finish Gym Training and Punishments
- There's a whole suite of training activities and Punishments planned that are all placeholders, they need filling.
3: Gym Sex
- As befits a NSFW game there's just a shedload of content to add here, I mean we're only 1/4 of the way into hotdogging, Ruby needs filling too!

So that's my next BIG question, and I wanted to put it to all of you who've been following this, which of these do I do next?

The next question is more meta-developmental;
Now the game's closing on 9 months old and I've managed to stay working on it for a day a week the whole time, do I start some kind of funding structure to pay for art and animation assets (and maybe VA assets IF the funding goes well)?

I need opinions guys, I'm torn.

Answers on a post(card), help me decide.

Oh and here's a butt, this on has been thoroughly "tested".......
pixai-1723786708895573797-1.png

hentai-92

Feb 15, 2023
RIGHT!
With the update out I now have a serious decision to make.
I can polish a lot of this (SPG, fixing the music cues, tidying the code, rebalancing stat growth, etc.) but I'm stumped as to where to take this next.
I could add to the framework I have so far in a number of ways;
1: Academic Training (lvl1), Punishments(lvl1), Rewards, Sex(one type), and Aftercare.
- massive content block, but it would round out the second part of the day.
2: Finish Gym Training and Punishments
- There's a whole suite of training activities and Punishments planned that are all placeholders, they need filling.
3: Gym Sex
- As befits a NSFW game there's just a shedload of content to add here, I mean we're only 1/4 of the way into hotdogging, Ruby needs filling too!

So that's my next BIG question, and I wanted to put it to all of you who've been following this, which of these do I do next?

The next question is more meta-developmental;
Now the game's closing on 9 months old and I've managed to stay working on it for a day a week the whole time, do I start some kind of funding structure to pay for art and animation assets (and maybe VA assets IF the funding goes well)?

I need opinions guys, I'm torn.

Answers on a post(card), help me decide.

Oh and here's a butt, this on has been thoroughly "tested".......
View attachment 3431045

Reactions: cutoffshoe

JimmyJeremyJerome

Sep 8, 2022
Hi Fatbot. I just wanted to stop in to say that while this is still more proof of concept than anything, I really enjoyed it. The concept is great and I like your writing style. You seem to already have a good grasp of the conditional details that can really bring these sorts of scenes to life. If I had the disposable income to support the project I would, but I don't right now. That might change some point in the near future though. Good luck! I really hope to see this succeed.

Reactions: cutoffshoe

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Hi Fatbot. I just wanted to stop in to say that while this is still more proof of concept than anything, I really enjoyed it. The concept is great and I like your writing style. You seem to already have a good grasp of the conditional details that can really bring these sorts of scenes to life. If I had the disposable income to support the project I would, but I don't right now. That might change some point in the near future though. Good luck! I really hope to see this succeed.
Thanks JJJ!
As it is there's no way to support it anyway, but just knowing that people enjoy it is so gratifying :D
Here's a Ruby Butt both for you and for everyone who's been thinking about and helping me decide what to do next, starting tomorrow development on the academic section begins :D
pixai-1726027569101821183-1.png

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Well I've been busy working on the Study Loop.
Once it's underway we'll have an interesting dichotomy on our hands.
Gotta keep Ruby's Trust up or she'll not listen in tutoring and her Academic will shrink, but if she's not Punished enough then she'll struggle to develop in Combat.
Plus if you want to get her Horniness rising then the only way at the moment is via Trust.
Later we'll have ways to do it via Punishment OR her overall performance at both Academics and Combat, but not so much right now.
It's getting complex now, and I like it :D

It's gonna be a good while until this is live mind you.
Anyway, this is what happened to our main-page Ruby.
pixai-1726676116710805780-1.png

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
OK!
So we're getting somewhere now, in that I've structured up everything we need for Academic training and rebalanced the stat growth to be not too fast, but fast enough once both action sets are implemented.
In theory if you do only nice or only nasty things over the course of an entire day's training you should be able to swing Ruby's Trust or Punishment stat up high enough that new thresholds for activities etc. will unlock as every couple of days.
BUT either path exclusively will tank the other, so you have to balance things out OR focus on one at a time to maximise learning effectiveness, some rebalancing may still be required.

Anyway today's session has the outline sorted, the rebalance sorted, some modifications done to the code of the demo, and so pretty proiductive.

Next session should let me get all the logic gates etc. in place and ready to be filled with code.

On the subject of filled.......
pixai-1729240024156804214-3.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JimmyJeremyJerome

Sep 8, 2022
Good to see progress being made. You said earlier that you eventually want to replace the AI art with commissioned art. Have you looked any further into that yet? I'm worried it might be more complicated than you expect. I don't have any personal experience, but I am the sort to hang out on NSFW Dev Discords, so I've heard some things.

Naohashi

May 16, 2020
I think it would be nice if the blue was brighter or another colour because dark blue blends in with the dark text bar.
I personally like the idea of the game but, so I look forward to see how it develops.

JimmyJeremyJerome

Sep 8, 2022
Another one. Tsk, tsk. You keep making some kind of error with these size tags. Do you need whitespace around the operator? Is the "s" supposed to be capitalized? I don't know the syntax, so I can't tell.

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Another one. Tsk, tsk. You keep making some kind of error with these size tags. Do you need whitespace around the operator? Is the "s" supposed to be capitalized? I don't know the syntax, so I can't tell.
Yeaaaaaah.
I'm just derping up, not even got a valid excuse.
At some point I shifted from =+/=- to +=/-= without realising.......
I've updated the Mega source.

Should be fixed now :D

Have a grateful update butt!
pixai-1723786708895573797-3.png

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
is there a nsfw version of this game so far all the pictures are all safe and fully clothed
There is currently ONE NSFW piece of "art" in this game, that being the hotdog scene.
And that itself is just a placeholder spat out of a generative algorythm.
Right at the start of the project the goal was always to find a way to get this paying real artists to create for it, but I'm not doing this to make money and I sure can't afford to spend money in it, so crowd-funding art for the game once it's good enough to justify that would be the only way.

Comsequently, all the NSFW generative art is just being used as little additions to the devlog/update posts.