RPGM Abandoned Rpg Maker Test of Battle system! [Abandoned] [Ero-Moses]

2.00 star(s) 15 Votes

Samknowsall

Jan 12, 2021
Interesting game. Bugs that i've had have already been stated before. Only grip i have with this game is why show other girls on the side when youre at the guild, when we dont get them at all. Gives us hope that we'll see them, but nothing happens. IF you do decide to continue this game and be able to include future girls then that'd be great. Maybe something to consider after you finish your My Dress-up Darling game. Or do both at the same time if you're able.

L33ch

Jun 11, 2017
So, it was alright. In the brief reading of the comments I did, I found most of the actual gameplay complaints revolved around the boss, and I think that's fair.

For the record, my completion time was around 26 minutes.

I think if you're planning on implementing a similar system in future games, it could be altered to make it slightly more fair while retaining difficulty. Something like letting your attack bar bounce rather than one and done, but with the boss attacks on a timer. It's kind of jarring to just get thrown into an instant pattern off a single audio cue. To retain difficulty, you might also consider implementing a limit on the number of potions the player has access to like a life system. That way the punishment for failure is redoing the first portion of the fight - but it still makes sense since you use an auto save feature.

Also, if you're going to go with semi-obscure battle mechanics like rolling for initiative with dice, it might be nice to have that intro sequence after getting hypnosis be the teaching area, where Aqua has a permanent 4 above her head and smacks you every time you roll lower than her causing your spell to fail. It doesn't have to be written out as text, but a visual/interactive start like that would have helped out, I think.

Any way, good luck. Thanks for making games.

Reactions: RainmanTaishun

Jin Amanto

Feb 8, 2018
not a bad game but these fights do not compense all we got, especially beldia fight, you just receive the credits for a fight 10~20min. not worth play this for 3 sex-scenes.

Deleted member 2746046

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
So, it was alright. In the brief reading of the comments I did, I found most of the actual gameplay complaints revolved around the boss, and I think that's fair.

For the record, my completion time was around 26 minutes.

I think if you're planning on implementing a similar system in future games, it could be altered to make it slightly more fair while retaining difficulty. Something like letting your attack bar bounce rather than one and done, but with the boss attacks on a timer. It's kind of jarring to just get thrown into an instant pattern off a single audio cue. To retain difficulty, you might also consider implementing a limit on the number of potions the player has access to like a life system. That way the punishment for failure is redoing the first portion of the fight - but it still makes sense since you use an auto save feature.

Also, if you're going to go with semi-obscure battle mechanics like rolling for initiative with dice, it might be nice to have that intro sequence after getting hypnosis be the teaching area, where Aqua has a permanent 4 above her head and smacks you every time you roll lower than her causing your spell to fail. It doesn't have to be written out as text, but a visual/interactive start like that would have helped out, I think.

Any way, good luck. Thanks for making games.
Thank you so much! This help a lot! I will think about it and we will see.

gordon101

Nov 12, 2017
Beldia fight is pure bullshit, wtf, holy shit need really good reflects

yah im done with this game, this fight total bs, i couldn't take anymore

Mar 1, 2018
Oh I thought we stopped making games with QTE that require inhuman reaction times a decade or two ago, but I guess not everybody got the memo.

There's barely any build up to the sex scenes so there might as well be no hypnosis.
You also can't tell me this is a completed game. What's the point of having a portrait for 5 girls then?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
You are the only one in this thread lol xD Atleast someone get my goal of this game.
Plenty of people in the thread get your goal.

That has nothing to do with them criticizing that common hardware makes the game virtually unbeatable, or that there's barely any content.

Made worse by your attitude about the situation, more specifically you basically telling them to "gitgud" while taking multiple posts to even understand that it's a technical problem with the game itself and not a skill issue, and then instead of implementing a basic bugfix (a single line of code) you just checked it under "I'll keep that in mind for the next game".

Deleted member 2746046

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Plenty of people in the thread get your goal.

That has nothing to do with them criticizing that common hardware makes the game virtually unbeatable.

Made worse by your attitude about the situation, more specifically you basically telling them to "gitgud" while taking multiple posts to even understand that it's a technical problem with the game itself and not a skill issue, and then instead of implementing a basic bugfix (a single line of code) you just checked it under "I'll keep that in mind for the next game".
Well technical issue is for people that has high frequency monitor thats true and I learn it today.

Kushe

Jan 1, 2019
I don't remember who did this to me but since some game i've been addicted to this kind of pixel games and pixel art in general, except minecraft ofc.

たかしろ

Aug 30, 2018
will you improve this game in the near future i.e. adding more characters in the game to fuck with? this game is solid and it sucks since it's too short

Deleted member 2746046

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
will you improve this game in the near future i.e. adding more characters in the game to fuck with? this game is solid and it sucks since it's too short
Nope I am not planning do konosuba game. I was trying test fire emblem fights mechanics in rpg maker game. But I will improve those mechanics for sure! Not tu mention I made these mechanics in month so there is still a lot of to learn.

2.00 star(s) 15 Votes