VN Ren'Py Roommate Corruption [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Smash or Pass?

• Total voters

xDechiceroxD

Jun 7, 2018
ello, how are you? Your game looks fabulous. I have a few questions about the other games you mentioned, such as Lewd Guest. Is there any planned release date for them? Also, I have another question: how did you create (program) the fantastic renders?

Reactions: Ever Studios

Ever Studios

Aug 8, 2018
ello, how are you? Your game looks fabulous. I have a few questions about the other games you mentioned, such as Lewd Guest. Is there any planned release date for them? Also, I have another question: how did you create (program) the fantastic renders?
Hey! I'm the 3d artist working on this project and some other ones from LoveSeekers team. First of all, thanks for the feedback! Currently, there are no specific release dates for our other upcoming games. The only thing I can say is that:
  • NTR Boss right now is the closest one to release;
  • Lust Trip is next and this would be a big one, a road adventure featuring many-many different locations and side characters. We'll do our best to finish this project during summer;
  • Only then we will focus on other projects, such as Lewd Guest, Bride Corruption and two other very interesting ones, that are not announced yet.
And, of course, Roommate Corruption, which comes out this Friday, May 19. We will really appreciate if you wishlist and buy it on Steam, – you will greatly support us, since we don't have Patreon yet and Steam sales are our only income.

Last edited:

loveseekers

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2023
Hey, we just released Roommate Corruption on and ! Feedback is very welcome, reviews will help us a lot!

We'll also try to post it here in a couple of days (never posted a game on F95 before, so we'll need some time to figure everything out :whistle: ).

image_2023-05-19_20-24-33.png

Reactions: _Maou_

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
I cast my vote to pass based on 1 thing: A lack of any form of animation makes me lose interest in projects faster than any other genre type, kink or fetish. If you have animations of any kind you should add a brief demo to the Steam images. Oh and since your asking the art looks fantastic and you steam price is a great deal for most games of this type (Adult VNs).

Ever Studios

Aug 8, 2018
I cast my vote to pass based on 1 thing: A lack of any form of animation makes me lose interest in projects faster than any other genre type, kink or fetish. If you have animations of any kind you should add a brief demo to the Steam images. Oh and since your asking the art looks fantastic and you steam price is a great deal for most games of this type (Adult VNs).
Hi! Thank you for the feedback. We had a great debate previously about animations. Everyone in the team agrees, that animations are must have, but the thing is:
  1. Animations are very hard and very time consuming to set up;
  2. They take extremely long time to render even with high-end hardware;
  3. The main tool we use right now for production is not quite an animation tool.
All this means that we would spend a lot more time if we decided to implement animations. Imagine that you spent 1x time working on a static image, and then spent 30x time on animation, and the player ended up skipping it very quickly, because it still looks not very good. Or imagine that you spend ~30 minutes to render one image, and then you need to render a 4 second animation at 30FPS. It will be 120 images, each 30 minutes long, and in the end this little short and rough animation will take 60 hours of continuous rendering. And I'm not even talking about longer animations at 4K 60FPS.

Should I remind that the program is not exactly designed for animation, even though it has some basic features? This means that you will need to work very hard to get a more or less good result, but you still would never match the quality of animations made in other tools. In some cases, the animation will be poor no matter how hard you try. You will not only spend a lot of time creating and rendering it, you will also ruin the whole experience for the player.

I know this all sounds a little depressing and overcomplicated, but we have a good plan in place to solve the animations problem in our projects. I am sure that our team is able to surprise everyone in this topic. Anyway, many thanks again for the feedback!

Apr 8, 2018
Dunno how no one's mentioned it yet but mc here looks like mc from Being a DIK :KEK: I just stumbled upon this game on Steam's new releases and I'm actually planning on buying it 'cause it looks great

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Hi! Thank you for the feedback. We had a great debate previously about animations. Everyone in the team agrees, that animations are must have, but the thing is:
  3. The main tool we use right now for production is not quite an animation tool.
All this means that we would spend a lot more time if we decided to implement animations. Imagine that you spent 1x time working on a static image, and then spent 30x time on animation, and the player ended up skipping it very quickly, because it still looks not very good. Or imagine that you spend ~30 minutes to render one image, and then you need to render a 4 second animation at 30FPS. It will be 120 images, each 30 minutes long, and in the end this little short and rough animation will take 60 hours of continuous rendering. And I'm not even talking about longer animations at 4K 60FPS.

Should I remind that the program is not exactly designed for animation, even though it has some basic features? This means that you will need to work very hard to get a more or less good result, but you still would never match the quality of animations made in other tools. In some cases, the animation will be poor no matter how hard you try. You will not only spend a lot of time creating and rendering it, you will also ruin the whole experience for the player.

I know this all sounds a little depressing and overcomplicated, but we have a good plan in place to solve the animations problem in our projects. I am sure that our team is able to surprise everyone in this topic. Anyway, many thanks again for the feedback!
I personally think that animations are a waste of time. If the story and renders are good, I just use my imagination to animate things. I prefer 40 good images over 1 short and bad animation (as they are in almost all AVNs).

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
The game is short but nice. It can be a nice introduction of a larger game. The Hana model is quite good. Well done.

Reactions: Jarul

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
Hey, we just released Roommate Corruption on and ! Feedback is very welcome, reviews will help us a lot!

We'll also try to post it here in a couple of days (never posted a game on F95 before, so we'll need some time to figure everything out :whistle: ).

View attachment 2634242
Your game is already on f95zone. Is it here with you permission?

https://f95zone.to/threads/roommate-corruption-final-love-seekers.160597/

Aug 28, 2017
we have a good plan in place to solve the animations problem in our projects. I am sure that our team is able to surprise everyone in this topic.
More info please?

And it's great that you're interacting with the community and being transparent. Always nice to see that.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I have lewd guest and lust trip wish listed on steam and was wondering.
Is the mc in them going to be a jerk or can you choose to be nice to the girls?

loveseekers

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2023
I have lewd guest and lust trip wish listed on steam and was wondering.
Is the mc in them going to be a jerk or can you choose to be nice to the girls?
Thanks for wishlisting our games!
The MC in Lust Trip is a nice guy and in Lewd Guest he is 50/50.

Reactions: Joshy92

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019

I am aware good animations are time and PC resource consuming, I am also aware that many small shops like your own don't always have the financial means to dedicate to high end limited use resources.
With those 2 statements I will further say with 50 to 100 new projects being made available every week on F95zone I had to limit my choices somehow. I decided that animation is 90% required (if the subject was about something I was truly fascinated by I could ignore the lack of animation) and I also decided a few other things that were auto-ignore material (mostly kink based so I won't shame anyone by listing them) and started skipping games without animations or with those certain things I don't get or like.
As I said your renders are fantastic and since you are planning something animation based (1 to 4 second loops are a god send for furthering my imagination which is damaged) I will continue to follow your project with interest. I am still currently a no BUT you have piqued my interest for future review and potential purchase if the stars align and my pervy sense goes off. :D

Reactions: Ever Studios
Feb 24, 2020
Damn the chick is what every goddess in Asian schools strive to look like. If you want to appeal to the mass audience you'll have to include harem, group sex and multiple penetration to the game though.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes