Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone knows when the compatible mod for game ver.981 will come out?
Oni makes so many internal changes with each version number that they've basically given up on trying to make the mod work with each new version.

It's easier for them to simply replicate specific features from newer versions into the existing mod. The fact that Oni isn't very good at coding/ is treating this project as a hobby to learn how to code as he goes along. Means that they can probably replicate the features he's adding with much cleaner code than if they tried to adapt their mod to whatever new bit of noobish code he decides to experiment with.

Maybe once the game reaches it's final version number or Oni stops making experimental changes to basic internal functions they'll update the mod to that more stable version. Until then however it looks like they're just gonna stick to the mods current version number. But keep on modding it to try and replicate the features Oni is adding.

Reactions: Alquemist

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Oni makes so many internal changes with each version number that they've basically given up on trying to make the mod work with each new version.

It's easier for them to simply replicate specific features from newer versions into the existing mod. The fact that Oni isn't very good at coding/ is treating this project as a hobby to learn how to code as he goes along. Means that they can probably replicate the features he's adding with much cleaner code than if they tried to adapt their mod to whatever new bit of noobish code he decides to experiment with.

Maybe once the game reaches it's final version number or Oni stops making experimental changes to basic internal functions they'll update the mod to that more stable version. Until then however it looks like they're just gonna stick to the mods current version number. But keep on modding it to try and replicate the features Oni is adding.
I have soooo much code to redo. Got started then had to do a remodel. Hopefully in a week I'll get back into it and post more code.

Bas134

Aug 2, 2017
Nice.. Basically my idea is to add alittle spice to the game, stuff the game is lacking. One is the lack of decent BDSM so my thoughts is adding an underground sex club or sex dungeon (For our heroes use only of course). Also have a new dancing code i been wanting to give a workout too, basically adding a dance routine based upon the amount and type of clothing worn (with default nude routine). My last idea might seriously break the game so im goin to be making an alternate download file but basically its putting the game into a bit of a 3d style graphics wise. Once i get some of the designs fleshed out ill be posting some prototype renderings to the post.
Oh please keep us updated ... There is definitively need for more BDSM content in the game. Looking forward on your work

Reactions: Alquemist

Shad0wk1ng09

Modder
Sep 30, 2018
im in the process of rewriting a bit of the code in the modded version so i can add my dancing redux and some BDSM stuff im sure i could maybe squeeze in some pregnancy code. Though it goin take some thought on how to set it in, be it a random event, based on day of month or somekinda numerical value. ill keep it in mine when i do my version of the game. no promises though.

Reactions: AnonF21

D&R

Mar 25, 2018
im in the process of rewriting a bit of the code in the modded version so i can add my dancing redux and some BDSM stuff im sure i could maybe squeeze in some pregnancy code. Though it goin take some thought on how to set it in, be it a random event, based on day of month or somekinda numerical value. ill keep it in mine when i do my version of the game. no promises though.
If you could add some code for the flirt option to have pull panties up that would be cool.

Reactions: AnonF21
Nov 30, 2017
So I understand correctly:
Is there a point where you modders say ''the next update is done'' or do you constantly update the file on the Github?

Reactions: T_305

AceOfAlvie

Jul 6, 2017
So with 0.981 out on f95 as well, just out of curiosity, if i took the expanded mod and just paste it on a new version, how much would that break the game?
Edit 1.
So after pasting the expanded (EXPM-pc) mod from the github/MEGA depository, the background in the intro is missing, buuut the rest seems to be working, will update on any further finds

D&R

Mar 25, 2018
With the number of girls increasing in this game how hard is it to up the project to a 1920x1080. Currently I'm looking at converting the girls to 2160p for better detail that will be down sized to 960p (current size) but hopefully 1080p. Is it a easy-ish thing to do to move the X,Y coordinates to a new X,Y location you know copy paste like? 4:3 is a shit scale nowadays.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes