Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Azie

May 27, 2018
The github version is the most recent dev builds uploaded, so they have more content, but that content is generally incomplete or buggy.

Basically it's an alpha version of upcoming releases.
Okay, and which version of the game does it run on? .978?

Reactions: Rykonate

Eikes

Jul 23, 2017
Where do I extract the maps and files from GitHub, becaus I get a crash when I extract them to the game folder.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
So, what happens if I install this on 981d? I can't simply put the mod in the folder and expect everything to work, right? This is basically a mod for 978 version only?

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
So, what happens if I install this on 981d? I can't simply put the mod in the folder and expect everything to work, right? This is basically a mod for 978 version only?
The game will most likely crash on launch.

Oni changed a lot of the internal code. So much so that it's easier for the modders to reverse engineer his additions into the mod than it is to convert the mod over to the new version. Especially since Oni will probably continue overhauling things with each new update.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
The game will most likely crash on launch.

Oni changed a lot of the internal code. So much so that it's easier for the modders to reverse engineer his additions into the mod than it is to convert the mod over to the new version. Especially since Oni will probably continue overhauling things with each new update.
Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
So, I'd like to get into ren'py myself a bit, starting by modding Kitty in ways that makes her more dominant. However, as far as I understand it, you can't just take a game/mod and just start working on it since it's already archived, right?
Am I right in the assumption that I should contact the creators of this mod should I want to make a submod?

Shad0wk1ng09

Modder
Sep 30, 2018
I got a silly, possibly stupid question but what are the rules on modding existing games. I have an idea for rogue-like but it requires some serious modifications to the game code. I mean im not going changing any of the basic functions to the game mostly cosmetic as well as some of the mechanics (ie dancing). Im just curious on the rules is all.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I got a silly, possibly stupid question but what are the rules on modding existing games. I have an idea for rogue-like but it requires some serious modifications to the game code. I mean im not going changing any of the basic functions to the game mostly cosmetic as well as some of the mechanics (ie dancing). Im just curious on the rules is all.
Basically you can do whatever you want. Now whether the dev gets mad at you depends on if you share it and the individual, but Oni seems cool about modding.

Reactions: King_In_Yellow

Shad0wk1ng09

Modder
Sep 30, 2018
Basically you can do whatever you want. Now whether the dev gets mad at you depends on if you share it and the individual, but Oni seems cool about modding.
Nice.. Basically my idea is to add alittle spice to the game, stuff the game is lacking. One is the lack of decent BDSM so my thoughts is adding an underground sex club or sex dungeon (For our heroes use only of course). Also have a new dancing code i been wanting to give a workout too, basically adding a dance routine based upon the amount and type of clothing worn (with default nude routine). My last idea might seriously break the game so im goin to be making an alternate download file but basically its putting the game into a bit of a 3d style graphics wise. Once i get some of the designs fleshed out ill be posting some prototype renderings to the post.

Jul 28, 2017
Nice.. Basically my idea is to add alittle spice to the game, stuff the game is lacking. One is the lack of decent BDSM so my thoughts is adding an underground sex club or sex dungeon (For our heroes use only of course). Also have a new dancing code i been wanting to give a workout too, basically adding a dance routine based upon the amount and type of clothing worn (with default nude routine). My last idea might seriously break the game so im goin to be making an alternate download file but basically its putting the game into a bit of a 3d style graphics wise. Once i get some of the designs fleshed out ill be posting some prototype renderings to the post.
I'm curious how your work hopefully right

bella7

Jul 8, 2017
Playing the experimental build from GitHub.

Nice to see some Laura content. Will Emma have room and date features?

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes