RPGM Completed [RJ326939] Magical Valkyrie Frostia

Sayathing

Nov 27, 2020
You have my deepest gratitude OP. Would honestly sub to you but Im broke so ww
Shame this hasn't been officially reviewed yet, it's such a great game too.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
*sigh*
I downloaded the patch from the OP and played till the translation came out, then realized there's more translation here. But my save is in her room after finishing the first chapter, so i've missed whatever she said while curled up against the wall in her room.
I get the impression it was supposed to be some kind of reveal? But I don't really wanna go back and fight the motorcycle guy again, he was pretty tough.

As for the rest of this game, the combos are pretty cool, but i'm less interested in balacing my SP/MP.
It's a little annoying that there's no 'foreplay' scenes like in the previous game, enemies leap straight to penetration in combat.
Frostia is a very energetic and dynamic girl though. I didn't think I'd like her as much as the previous heroine, but she's cool.
Could you share your current save?

Reactions: chizu.qt
Dec 2, 2023
Maybe this is a "my-end" thing, but for me at least the description for the Stia "Icicle Shot" seems to be broken. Possibly not a big deal since the name kinda tells you everything you need to know about it, but going from first battle -> Open Menu -> Skill -> Action Skill -> Icicle Shot has the description of it be in (I presume) Japanese, instead of English like the others.
Thank you for translation, this is a small hiccup really: the name is still translated, its an attack very clearly.

Dec 2, 2023
Ah, as well when in the "status" screen you can see the names of Frostia's clothes, but in the "Outfit" screen their descriptions and names are both in Japanese. Again maybe its a my end thing, but I *think* there was a request from the dev to bring these things up.
I also don't know the rules on this site on doubleposting, but I don't want to wait for someone else to post and then forget about this.

haukarcher

Dec 21, 2018
Been wondering this for a while, the combat animation, is the flickering just based on your graphics card or is that how its suppose to look. Like its not a smooth animation like you would expect but like a really quick flashing between frames.

haukarcher

Dec 21, 2018
Been wondering this for a while, the combat animation, is the flickering just based on your graphics card or is that how its suppose to look. Like its not a smooth animation like you would expect but like a really quick flashing between frames.
EDIT: Theres literally an in game item for this specefic issue, was wondering what the readme file meant by "change the game option" when I couldnt find such option but apparently its literally an in game item.
1703988399388.png
Figured it out, its actually a known issue according to the readme file on the first line. Where the first time the animation happens it flickers and all the times after its fine. The "fix" for me was to limit the games fps to 40 via nvidia control panel

• Wow
Reactions: derakino999

Abserd

Dec 28, 2020
No idea if this will work, this is a gallery save if anyone is interested.

Bottom row is where you can refight enemies, just spam defence till they use a QTE if you want to see what combat scenes they have

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
It's possible to escape but it leads to the worst ending where Lyristia is tracked down, and her parents are killed minutes before she's raped in bed.
ya that was fucking brutal
basically there's three escapes iirc and they all lead to bad ending game overs
but i was wondering if there was a way to actually escape and it seems not lol

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
So I was originally playing v1.01 when I got to wondering if there was a more thorough translation...

Then I stumbled across this, and note that the menu/UI and other items are fully translated into english....... but for reasons that baffle me, the dialogue is [reverted] in Japanse?

Not sure what I did wrong exactly, doesn't seem to be a toggle option in menu to switch languages so it seems I got my pick of either game in English but UI in Japanese........... or UI in English but game in Japanese.

Suwah???

EDIT: I tried starting a new game in 1.02 [as in the above scenario i copied a save from 1.01 where i encountered the issue] and thus far both the UI and in-game dialogue are both in english. Slight hiccup in that while the UI lists the moves in English the prompt saying "So and so used Double Kick" etc is back in Japanese.

Not sure if that's an oversight or WIP with latest translation though. *shrug*

Last edited: