RPGM Onhold [RJ290576] 淫魔のトラップアイランド / Succubus Trap Island - Manual English Translation

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Hmmmm... I honestly doubt it's bullshit. Like why would he lie anyways? I don't see the point in that kind of stuff. I suspect it was more of just an underestimation of how much work was left combined with overestimating the amount of free he expected he would have. As someone who has worked on translating games, I find it hard to believe that he would just drop months and months of work.
I cant be so sure that he actually even worked on it. I mean its not like he posted screenshots of the supposed ongoing translation , or a initial patch.

You would be surprised how many translators drop projects because they are too busy IRL or just dont have the will to keep working on them.

But most of them go and release what they have instead of just delaying and coming with excuses.

Take that Habisain guy i mentioned earlier, he was translating a game for 7 years but he did release a 84% complete patch (and that was like 1 year after the translation started), as for the other 6 years he claimed he was working on it but never posted updates until he just vanished.

Ofc someone from f95 went and picked that almost done tl and finished it (with mtl but its done i guess).
But that was only possible because the translator was like "heres a patch in case i just decide to ditch working on this or something else happens".

I could just go and start a couple threads myself claiming i was working on some translations and posting "updates" from time to time, wouldnt mean i was actually working on it at all.

Having proof always helps after all. "Blind trust" is a horrible motto to follow.

Last edited:

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
every day I visit f95 hoping to see a notification that this thread has been updated and I keep seeing ridiculous arguments like this. Can you guys stop spamming the thread with this nonsense please?
I sincerely hope you're not lumping me in there with "You guys". :FacePalm:
Me stating the fact that translations take a long time proofread isn't me being argumentative or spamming.

My man's really malding over a delayed translation.
The sad thing is, even if what he says is somewhat understandable. It just comes off as entitled. It's not like we are paying for this translation. So I truly don't get where he's coming from regarding trust.

Reactions: Nick_1357

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
The sad thing is, even if what he says is somewhat understandable. It just comes off as entitled. It's not like we are paying for this translation. So I truly don't get where he's coming from regarding trust.
Well if you were on his discord server you would understand.But as i see he didnt share it here, its not my right to do it myself. (i can however give u a invite to one of the servers hes in and u can ask him urself if u doubt me).

every day I visit f95 hoping to see a notification that this thread has been updated and I keep seeing ridiculous arguments like this. Can you guys stop spamming the thread with this nonsense please?
Well if you dont want notifications you have a solution, mute the thread. Expecting people not to write on forum threads is silly.

The translator could simple prove me wrong if he posted at least 1 or 2 screenshots of his "work".
But i guess hes too busy to waste 2 minutes to make a post like that.

Alas i am indeed wasting my time in this thread.Its not like this game will go anywhere at all :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022
Well if you were on his discord server you would understand.But as i see he didnt share it here, its not my right to do it myself. (i can however give u a invite to one of the servers hes in and u can ask him urself if u doubt me).

Well if you dont want notifications you have a solution, mute the thread. Expecting people not to write on forum threads is silly.

The translator could simple prove me wrong if he posted at least 1 or 2 screenshots of his "work".
But i guess hes too busy to waste 2 minutes to make a post like that.

Alas i am indeed wasting my time in this thread.Its not like this game will go anywhere at all :ROFLMAO:
I belive him he is a fan of this creator and only wants to bring more attention to it xD , he has alleredy done translation for this creator before and cause of it kagura ended up with a good game translated, my guess is this time they tried/ is making a deal for kagura to buy the translation of him and thats why it takes time, but who knows xD Well i have seen translation suddenly turning silent before never to return , i doubt it will happen here but if it does MTL next xD

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maouhime

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
I really hope this rather uncalled for argument of Barraged potentially stringing people along doesn't end up hurting his morale. I still need him to TL the Yue exhibitionist mini game!

Barraged has taken long periods of time, Nightmare girls sat at 97% for 1-2 years, and that's entirely okay. This is free TL, being done by someone purely out of their passion for the game and their interest for the circle.

Even if they are 'stringing us along' that too is not something you can hold against the TL'er. This is ultimately not something they are being paid to do, nor is it something they are expected to deliver.

Staying optimistic, while keeping stuff from turning demanding is how we keep this community going.

barraged1

May 23, 2018
If anyone was wondering why it's taking so long, I was waiting to see if Kagura was going to want to release a translation for Succubus Trap Island. However, that is likely not going to happen.

I was going to then finish the translation myself, which is honestly around 70 hours away from completion, but I was recently contacted by another translation company that is very popular in the NSFW space who wants to release the game.

To ensure everyone's expectations are in check:
1) I am currently not working on the game, I am burnt out and busy and lazy.
2) I am waiting for the company to get through the process of getting the rights to release Succubus Trap Island officially.

If 2 does not work out, I will finish it myself in my free time and release it myself.

One thing to note, I am not stalling out my translation in a desperate grab for money/fame/or whatever else. The amount of money I'd get for a translation of this size makes almost no difference to me in real life. However, like with the Nightmare Girls translation, an official translation does come with the benefit of possibly being able to obtain the uncensored assets from the original creator, which is something I would love to release along with my translation.

Last edited:

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
If anyone was wondering why it's taking so long, I was waiting to see if Kagura was going to want to release a translation for Succubus Trap Island. However, that is likely not going to happen.

I was going to then finish the translation myself, which is honestly around 70 hours away from completion, but I was recently contacted by another translation company that is very popular in the NSFW space who wants to release the game.

2) I am waiting for the company to get through the process of getting the rights to release Succubus Trap Island officially.

If 2 does not work out, I will finish it myself in my free time and release it myself.

One thing to note, I am not stalling out my translation in a desperate grab or money. The amount of money I'd get for a translation of this size makes almost no difference to me in real life. However, like with the Nightmare Girls translation, an official translation does come with the benefit of possibly being able to obtain the uncensored assets from the original creator, which is something I would love to release along with my translation.
Can't say I'm not peeved that this is getting delayed further and further but getting the chance to make this an official release is a good thing in its own right. Much luck to you, hope it goes better this time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: barraged1

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022

One thing to note, I am not stalling out my translation in a desperate grab for money/fame/or whatever else. The amount of money I'd get for a translation of this size makes almost no difference to me in real life. However, like with the Nightmare Girls translation, an official translation does come with the benefit of possibly being able to obtain the uncensored assets from the original creator, which is something I would love to release along with my translation.
thats great also offical release can mean more cash to the game devoloper so they can make better games xD opening up market to west is really great xD

Reactions: barraged1

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
I sure hope this other translation company is not something like shiravune, otakuplan, johren etc etc.
On that note seems like johren is putting some pressure on game devs so they just give game rights to them. They be going hard on the most famous devs on dlsite.

98% of these "translation companies" are actually pretty bad (they work with MTL editing) and they dont really release games with uncensored assets.

And of the good translation companies, only kg works with rpgmaker games.

Its also really covenient that magically some "company" decided to contact barraged1 once again so he haz a excuse to not work on the game.

Guess this will repeat every 6 months or so now.

Last edited:

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
However, like with the Nightmare Girls translation, an official translation does come with the benefit of possibly being able to obtain the uncensored assets from the original creator, which is something I would love to release along with my translation.
Well actually, the artist still wouldn't be able to legally send over the original uncensored assets. Companies like Kagura games actually do the decensoring themselves. I can tell because I reviewed a lot of their uncensored assets when making uncensored patches. But anyways, good luck and godspeed I hope for the best.

On that note seems like johren is putting some pressure on game devs so they just give game rights to them. They be going hard on the most famous devs on dlsite.
I've never heard of this? Can you elaborate a bit?

98% of these "translation companies" are actually pretty bad (they work with MTL editing) and they dont really release games with uncensored assets.

And of the good translation companies, only kg works with rpgmaker games.
Sadly this is true, if I see a RPG maker game that isn't kagura I assume it to be poorly edited mtl. And unfortunately too, Kagura games is also a shit company for how they do things.

luckybeast

Mar 24, 2020
Unfortunate but I appreciate the update. I guess it's back to waiting for an official release. Hopefully they can at least buy your translation from you.

The fact that in 2022 you were saying the editing was practically complete and you were just in the "additional QA/Polish" stage, and now saying you're about 70 hours from completion, I guess just goes to show how much time goes into these things.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
I've never heard of this? Can you elaborate a bit?
Hmm how to elaborate;

Take Acerola for example, as it now stands it seems like KG lost it to DMM (johren, shiravune , otakuplan; they are all part of the same big guys).

This is something i heard from a friend that worked in the localization bussiness until recently but it seems DMM is throwing a lot of cash at devs to get the rights for their games, be it vns or rpgmaker games. And they are sadly succedding.

This would honestly explain why KG is now suddenly interested in localizing VNs.

Sadly this is true, if I see a RPG maker game that isn't kagura I assume it to be poorly edited mtl. And unfortunately too, Kagura games is also a shit company for how they do things.
Unfortunaly thats how it works on both points.

But yeah with DMM hunting the good devs and the fact that this game is a less accepted game (due to its contents) i dont think that however that "translation company that is very popular in the NSFW space who wants to release the game " is, will even release the game uncensored and with good english quality ( nobody outrights official releases games using fan translations after all).

But yeah i can ask this:

How many good localization companies you know that work with rpgmaker games and are "popular" at the same time?

One could argually say that shiravune , otakuplan and all derivates are "popular companies in the NSFW space" after all.
I know people who consider them "the best".

SliceOfHam

Dec 31, 2021
Unfortunate but I appreciate the update. I guess it's back to waiting for an official release. Hopefully they can at least buy your translation from you.

The fact that in 2022 you were saying the editing was practically complete and you were just in the "additional QA/Polish" stage, and now saying you're about 70 hours from completion, I guess just goes to show how much time goes into these things.
Well considering the length of the game and wealth of text it's not surprising. The translation itself is usually the "easiest" bit, and even that alone can take several work-days for small projects. All the stuff that surrounds it is usually where most of the time goes in localization. Eg. stripping the texts baked into images and refitting the translated texts, fixing broken paths / system locale issues, fixing bugs in the game that were hidden before the changes, fixing wrap-around and kerning issues with the font (or replacing the font entirely), adjusting text structure to fit the dialogue boxes and dialogue flow, etc. Sadly a lot of these are pure trial-and-error things that either work instantly or throw you back hours at a time. And all of that on top of multiple runs of testing the game from start to finish to ensure nothing was broken in between steps and the final product is up to snuff.

barraged1

May 23, 2018
Well actually, the artist still wouldn't be able to legally send over the original uncensored assets. Companies like Kagura games actually do the decensoring themselves. I can tell because I reviewed a lot of their uncensored assets when making uncensored patches. But anyways, good luck and godspeed I hope for the best.
Actually, you're incorrect. The uncensored assets for Nightmare Girls specifically were from the original creator, they were not a decensor.

Reactions: pb2498ajh

barraged1

May 23, 2018
How many good localization companies you know that work with rpgmaker games and are "popular" at the same time?

One could argually say that shiravune , otakuplan and all derivates are "popular companies in the NSFW space" after all.
I know people who consider them "the best".
The company who wishes to release the game has never done an MTL and is arguably bigger than Kagura.

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
Actually, you're incorrect. The uncensored assets for Nightmare Girls specifically were from the original creator, they were not a decensor.
I'm not saying it's physically impossible, I question the legality of it though. I don't think there are exception in their laws for providing uncensored assets to foreigners. A western company that asks for those assets are kind of asking someone to break the law. I imagine it's worth asking for if all things can be kept on the down low but doing so long term across many devs, you'd be bound to come across devs not willing to break the law.

Perhaps I'm wrong and there are provisions in their laws that allows for them to do that but I don't think so. Rather it's more like a gray area that those that provide it, don't do so publicly and probably justify it since its distributed outside Japan. I'd like to be wrong, if anyone can point to something concrete that indicates that its legal for them to do so then that would be awesome.

Genuinely I am curious.

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
Can't say I am a little saddened that I won't be able to play this game, much less the Yue spin off any time soon, given Barraged being currently burnt out.

This circle has a unique writing style that usually has my experience be enjoyable compared to most other games, largely cause of the tone of writing and characters.

I hope that the deal goes through quick, or I might have to wander to the MTL lands and fix the MTL myself when I have time.