RPGM Onhold [RJ290576] 淫魔のトラップアイランド / Succubus Trap Island - Manual English Translation

SliceOfHam

Dec 31, 2021
I'm not saying it's physically impossible, I question the legality of it though. I don't think there are exception in their laws for providing uncensored assets to foreigners. A western company that asks for those assets are kind of asking someone to break the law. I imagine it's worth asking for if all things can be kept on the down low but doing so long term across many devs, you'd be bound to come across devs not willing to break the law.
As far as I'm aware the law only applies to japanese companies distributing the works themselves under their name. If a foreign entity distributes their work of a japanese creator or parts of it outside of japan the law doesn't apply. That's also why some japanese AV companies can openly release uncensored contentt by licensing their stuff to a foreign subsidiary for distribution. Though I guess that is more of a grey area application ^^

Last edited:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not saying it's physically impossible, I question the legality of it though. I don't think there are exception in their laws for providing uncensored assets to foreigners. A western company that asks for those assets are kind of asking someone to break the law. I imagine it's worth asking for if all things can be kept on the down low but doing so long term across many devs, you'd be bound to come across devs not willing to break the law.

Perhaps I'm wrong and there are provisions in their laws that allows for them to do that but I don't think so. Rather it's more like a gray area that those that provide it, don't do so publicly and probably justify it since its distributed outside Japan. I'd like to be wrong, if anyone can point to something concrete that indicates that its legal for them to do so then that would be awesome.

Genuinely I am curious.
Latest Kamichichi game was also made with uncensored content straight from the source. I recall reading it on ci-en sometime or other.
I've read from other DEVs saying the same thing.

All the Empress games that have been officially licensed outside of Japan have also been released with uncensored content. I assume straight from the source.
Back in the day Peach Princess even publicly stated that they were cancelling the release of an Empress game due to the company having lost the original uncensored content. So yeah, they didn't do any redraws or something like that.

So no, it's NOT illegal for a JPN company to 'sell off' or 'license' it's content to foreign companies/distributors.
So long as those don't get released in JPN (or by the actual JPN company) it's all good. That's also why Evenicle 2 was released censored (since AliceSoft did the localization AND distribution rather than MangaGamer or JAST).

So yeah, I'm not saying that '(AI) decensoring' or even full on redraws don't happen. But it's certainly not going to be any company's preferred approach I'd assume.
But I also don't think it's as grey a zone as you seem to assume it is.

Also ... how could they even enfore such a thing. The content can exist ... but the original author can't have made it?
As a freelance author/artist, you could just as easily get hired to do the 'uncensoring' of any game. And it just so happens to be your own game for your foreign publisher.
You can draw whatever you want in the comfort of your own home, you just can't distribute it in the country. :sneaky:

And finally ... there are other Japanese artists who draw for foreign companies, that publish fully uncensored content ya know.
Take Remtairy's artist for example.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that ... this post seems to have gotten a bit long.

Last edited:

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022
curious barraged1 would you consider passing your current script on to someone else who might be willing to finish it for you, since you say you've gotten so much of it done already?
i rather barraged finish it he does it best , give it some time he finish when he does , none of us decided to translate this game he did , so asking him to give away his work to some else is a little rude to his work so far xD

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
i rather barraged finish it he does it best , give it some time he finish when he does , none of us decided to translate this game he did , so asking him to give away his work to some else is a little rude to his work so far xD
It is a legit question.
Barraged1 literally said he was burn out, and i know from experience that once you are burn out of translating a game the chance of picking it up again is less than 1%.

So if this "deal" of his goes nowhere, the chances that he wont finish it himself nor will he release what he already haz done since like you said it is "his" work are incredible high.

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022
Its not like he is halfway he said himself that he was soon completed and he promised to finish it up some day xD

luckybeast

Mar 24, 2020
Ah, I think I misunderstood his last post. Sounds like he might be providing his translation to this other company. If so, nice. Anyways back to waiting. You guys should play Demons Roots if you haven't, it's good.

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022
Ah, I think I misunderstood his last post. Sounds like he might be providing his translation to this other company. If so, nice. Anyways back to waiting. You guys should play Demons Roots if you haven't, it's good.
Its not good...... its amazing xD

pb2498ajh

Sep 20, 2021
If anyone was wondering why it's taking so long, I was waiting to see if Kagura was going to want to release a translation for Succubus Trap Island. However, that is likely not going to happen.

I was going to then finish the translation myself, which is honestly around 70 hours away from completion, but I was recently contacted by another translation company that is very popular in the NSFW space who wants to release the game.

To ensure everyone's expectations are in check:
1) I am currently not working on the game, I am burnt out and busy and lazy.
2) I am waiting for the company to get through the process of getting the rights to release Succubus Trap Island officially.

If 2 does not work out, I will finish it myself in my free time and release it myself.

One thing to note, I am not stalling out my translation in a desperate grab for money/fame/or whatever else. The amount of money I'd get for a translation of this size makes almost no difference to me in real life. However, like with the Nightmare Girls translation, an official translation does come with the benefit of possibly being able to obtain the uncensored assets from the original creator, which is something I would love to release along with my translation.
you are doing god's work homie G. thank you for your efforts. don't let the h8rs get you down

Reactions: luckybeast

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Ohh must have missed that one, does look like it have potential, so will certainly keep that one in mind, thanks for mentioning it :)

AnonJohn

Dec 1, 2017
I bought Naedoko and them from DLSite because there was a translation available, so I'm just waiting on (hoping for, now) the patch. I personally prefer doing it like this because there's no fuckery from Western companies and it removes the middleman (so to speak).

Last edited:

Z000

Dec 1, 2022
barrage have done this before, they get close to finish and then start fishing around, stop and then some time like 6 months later remember what they were doing and release it