• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

How would you prefer future updates be released?

• Set Monthly Schedule (May result in incomplete scenes)

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • At Natural breaking points (May result in longer than 1-month release cycles)

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • No Preference

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
It's a nice start, like it so far. Some notes:

Nail polish feels out of place here. I get it that it's a fantasy setting and basically everything is possible but it still feels out of place for me.

The voice acting is a nice touch. Not something you often get in a VN, especially a new one.

Your intro about filters and stuff, I never understood the devs need to pander to basically EVERYBODY, just stick to your artistic vision, the game and the story is going to be better for it. Stop listening to all the snowflakes who get triggered at a sight of a little penis or some blood or what not. This is an adult game, not a PG program.

Reactions: Paper Tiger 83

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
It's a nice start, like it so far. Some notes:

Nail polish feels out of place here. I get it that it's a fantasy setting and basically everything is possible but it still feels out of place for me.

The voice acting is a nice touch. Not something you often get in a VN, especially a new one.

Your intro about filters and stuff, I never understood the devs need to pander to basically EVERYBODY, just stick to your artistic vision, the game and the story is going to be better for it. Stop listening to all the snowflakes who get triggered at a sight of a little penis or some blood or what not. This is an adult game, not a PG program.
I can see how nail polish would seem out of place, but all I can say to that is "I disagree". Nail polish has been around for thousands upon thousands of years, going as far back as the ancient Egyptians. So it doesn't feel out of place in a Fantasy setting to me :)

About the filters: I actually said very much the same in my head, until I realized how extreme it's going to get at certain locations. The filters aren't there to *add* content, the filters are there to remove it. It takes very little time (now that the system is coded in) to code a thing to the filters, so I don't see the harm in making sure the players can toggle unwanted content off, to appeal to a wider audience. If you want to see it all, you can. If you want to see none of it? You can. I love games with a variety of options and choices. And my goal with Rivers of Astrum has always been to make the game I would want to play.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Nail polish has been around for thousands upon thousands of years
I know it is, but it was never common like wearing a hat, it was extremely rare even for the most rich nobles who had the time and means to worry about such things.
In your VN so far it seems as common as wearing a hat.
Again it's a fantasy setting and I guess its fine it just feels very out of place for my taste.

jireir

May 26, 2018
This seems like a really nice game. Will the main character be a femdom or a femsub or will that depend on the choices of the player?

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
This seems like a really nice game. Will the main character be a femdom or a femsub or will that depend on the choices of the player?
The developper answered a similar question a few posts above, but maybe you haven't played the first version and didn't understand. Domination and submission were both removed for now (they just jump on each other like two lovers who missed each other :)) but they will reappear later, depending on the player's choice.

jireir

May 26, 2018
Yes, I meant precisely later on. I've noticed that the game seemed like it was giving the choice of how to approach their relationship but the current version was very short so I wanted to make sure we can decide on how it all is going to work later.

And the question wasn't just about their relationship but more so in general.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Yes, I meant precisely later on. I've noticed that the game seemed like it was giving the choice of how to approach their relationship but the current version was very short so I wanted to make sure we can decide on how it all is going to work later.

I see. We can't know yet. If you choose Kim to be dominant with Cara, say, we don't know whether she'll be dominant with other partners, if any.

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023

Heya jireir,

So, as Udayana mentioned, in the original demo, Kim did have the option to be femdom with Cara. For plot reasons that I don't want to spoil, they were removed from the overhaul. I also wanted to focus more on their intimacy after being apart for a while. That said, you'll notice on the character screens (which are barebones for now, and subject to a *lot* of changes moving foward) that the characters have a morality bar, and relationship values with the other characters. Moving forward in future updates, your choices will affect these stats, and those stats will in turn alter which options are available to you later. The current plan is that there will, in fact, be combinations of these stats that will allow Kim, Cara or Sandra to be femdom in future sex scenes :)

jireir

May 26, 2018
Heya jireir,

So, as Udayana mentioned, in the original demo, Kim did have the option to be femdom with Cara. For plot reasons that I don't want to spoil, they were removed from the overhaul. I also wanted to focus more on their intimacy after being apart for a while. That said, you'll notice on the character screens (which are barebones for now, and subject to a *lot* of changes moving foward) that the characters have a morality bar, and relationship values with the other characters. Moving forward in future updates, your choices will affect these stats, and those stats will in turn alter which options are available to you later. The current plan is that there will, in fact, be combinations of these stats that will allow Kim, Cara or Sandra to be femdom in future sex scenes :)
Will it be possible to make choices that would make some of the main characters into subs and some into doms or all of them into subs? Also is morality simply whether they are good or evil?

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Will it be possible to make choices that would make some of the main characters into subs and some into doms or all of them into subs? Also is morality simply whether they are good or evil?
  • In the sense that you can can permanently change them from dominant to submissive, or vice versa? In a sense yes, (if you micro-manage their stats) but this will not be heavily focused on.
  • Yes, the morality is simply good or evil. There won't be a sexual corruption stat (if that's what you're asking), or a tracker/bar/slider or anything like that for it, as the game itself doesnt focus on that.
  • Sexual corruption exist, just as many many more kinks do, but placing too much focus on any of them (save the ones required by the plot, like Kim/Cara's lesbianism), will detract from the story, and begin to steer it away from the plot, I'm afraid.

Reactions: Derran

jireir

May 26, 2018
No, it's fine, I didn't expect the game to have any focus on corruption outside of some specific instances perhaps. Thanks for the answers, that all sounds cool. Can't wait for the next update.

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Female Protagonist is always challenging. It always degenerates into prostitution. Good luck OP!
Heh, I'm pretty sure it's a challenge I'm up for. As I've said many times by now, this story's been in my head for decades. Plus Kim is not a traditional MC, but I can't really explain more without plot spoilers.

Justaflynn

May 20, 2022
Really promising start! I liked it a lot and I'm excited to see where the story goes. Bit of feedback though, the fight scene with the zombie was really uncomfortable to watch. Not because of any of the content, but the completely black screen with unskippable bright flashes felt awful on my eyes. If anyone is playing at night in a dark room, you're just flashbanging us twice on every hit. I had a headache by the end of the fight. Please make the flashes skippable or change the style of these scenes. I don't have epilepsy, but I think this could potentially be dangerous for people who do have it. Outside of the discomfort, I don't think it's a great way of conveying action either. I'm not asking for animation, it would make more sense to put a blur/movement filter on the stills of action shots and play the sound effects there, rather than cutting to a black screen.

Another (very minor) complaint is that some of your transitions feel a little too long. Outside of sex scenes, transitions like walking to the bar or changing clothes would make more sense if they were half as long as they are currently. I ended up clicking to skip through the transitions at a certain point, but that sometimes means missing multiple slide transitions, which I don't want to do.

Lastly, I'm hoping that we can get an LI with a more petite body type. I'm really glad none of the girls have those unrealisticly huge boobs seen too often in games, but Kim, Cara, and Sandra all seem to have similarly sized, busty chests. Vex looks skinnier, but she's got got a rack and a half. So, it'd be nice to see at least one LI that's smaller for some variety. Some of us just prefer a B-cup to a D-cup.

Regardless, I think this game is off to a really good start. I'm already invested in the story and I like the characters so far. In most games with voice acting (AI or real) I usually end up turning the voices off at a certain point, but I really liked them in this. Big props to your VA, she did an amazing job!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote