4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

How would you prefer future updates be released?

• Set Monthly Schedule (May result in incomplete scenes)

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • At Natural breaking points (May result in longer than 1-month release cycles)

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • No Preference

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
(Quintoupling it's original content),
Does it mean that the possibly magical squirrel gets more screen time?
We need more magical squirrels! Afterall they are so squirrely and adorable.
And probably hyperactive. And they got nuts. So...

What was my point again? Ah yes, it's very cool to see that this one is still going on! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Udayana

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Does it mean that the possibly magical squirrel gets more screen time?
We need more magical squirrels! Afterall they are so squirrely and adorable.
And probably hyperactive. And they got nuts. So...

What was my point again? Ah yes, it's very cool to see that this one is still going on! (y)
Heh, not in this update, but Dee will have a good bit more screentime in the update following, and becomes a rather permanent member of the party in the updates that are planned to follow *that* one. So, yes. Plenty of screen time with Dee is coming :) I did tweak the opening scene a bit though, to hopefully add more of an emotional impact with Dee :) c1_kroom_16.png

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
The last of the animations for the overhaul is complete. It'll be relatively smooth sailing from here on out. Should be entering "wrap-up" mode here shortly, where I just run through, proofread, do the sound work, and make sure everything is fitted into the filters. Not too long now :)

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Dropped the public release a day early, as I will be busy at work tomorrow! Links have been updated! Enjoy! :D The content filters are the biggest part of the overhauled demo version. PLEASE make use of them, so as to avoid any content you don't wish to see :)

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Dropped the public release a day early, as I will be busy at work tomorrow! Links have been updated! Enjoy! :D The content filters are the biggest part of the overhauled demo version. PLEASE make use of them, so as to avoid any content you don't wish to see :)
Again many thanks for this beautiful game :love:

I've not tried yet but, according to what the changelog says, I suppose old saves won't work. As far as I'm concerned, it's no problem, it'll be a pleasure to replay the beginning :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Paper Tiger 83

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Rivers of Astrum [v0.0.1] [Paper Tiger]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Again many thanks for this beautiful game :love:

I've not tried yet but, according to what the changelog says, I suppose old saves won't work. As far as I'm concerned, it's no problem, it'll be a pleasure to replay the beginning :)
Aye they won't. Too many things changed. But, I'd say this is the graduation from a demo to a true first version, and with the time in between since the original release, i feel like a fresh start is warranted. Especially since there's now a one-time explanation of the new features that fires at the beginning :)

Reactions: Udayana

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
RiversOfAstrum-0.0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Joe Steel

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
A bit of feedback:
  • Are scenes which are filtered skipped (meaning they happen but are not shown) or do not happen at all? It seems to be the latter so far, but considering it's a big deal for some with some content, it might be a good idea to be explicit.
  • Relatedly, if they don't happen, what happens if you change your filters mid-play? Say an otherwise unavoidable scene that happens depending on the filter is latter referenced, and turn off the filter (turn on the content?) sometime between those two points... maybe just state that changing filters midgame can lead to unexpected behaviour?
  • During sex scenes, the stock voice clips play even if voice volume is zero (because they're called by "play sound" rather than "voice") - personally, if a game has a separate voice volume setting, I'd expect those to fall under it. I mean, it's voice, right? Also, sex noises are one of those things one would rather not be surprised by *cough* loudspeakers *cough* :ROFLMAO:
  • Versioning, generally you'd expect version 0.0.1a to be a (minor) update of of 0.0.1, not the other way round - 0.0.1b after 0.0.1a after 0.0.1 (after maybe 0.0.1-test or something). Obviously one can use whatever versioning scheme one fancies, and if you have a reason to ignore convention/feel strongly about it, cool, but otherwise following convention there in the future has the advantage of being more readily understood.
  • Lastly, you state that there won't be NTR: Does that mean that non-consensual stuff will only happen to the protagonist and characters that are not love interests of the protagonist? If not, might be best to mention that - personally, I don't care, but lets nip that landmine in the bud :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, the demo is interesting, looking forward to how it develops :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paper Tiger 83

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
I think I already played the game a year ago; it's a good one, nice renders, well written with some interesting build up for a story that could offer more than just a sequence of sex scenes. Beautiful women, too.

However, this game is one year in the making and hasn't progressed past the point of an introduction. It ends where the old version ended (introducing the pirate captain lady). So I'm afraid the production cycle of this game is too long and it will end up abandoned and unfinished. If this was the content of one month, that would be great, but one year and the story is still only in the introductory state, that just won't do it.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think I already played the game a year ago; it's a good one, nice renders, well written with some interesting build up for a story that could offer more than just a sequence of sex scenes. Beautiful women, too.

However, this game is one year in the making and hasn't progressed past the point of an introduction. It ends where the old version ended (introducing the pirate captain lady). So I'm afraid the production cycle of this game is too long and it will end up abandoned and unfinished. If this was the content of one month, that would be great, but one year and the story is still only in the introductory state, that just won't do it.
This sounds breathtakingly entitled. If the dev's pace "just won't do it" for you, then the solution is not to tell the dev you won't accept the pace of development, but for you to walk away. Quietly.

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
A bit of feedback:
  • Are scenes which are filtered skipped (meaning they happen but are not shown) or do not happen at all? It seems to be the latter so far, but considering it's a big deal for some with some content, it might be a good idea to be explicit.
  • Relatedly, if they don't happen, what happens if you change your filters mid-play? Say an otherwise unavoidable scene that happens depending on the filter is latter referenced, and turn off the filter (turn on the content?) sometime between those two points... maybe just state that changing filters midgame can lead to unexpected behaviour?
  • During sex scenes, the stock voice clips play even if voice volume is zero (because they're called by "play sound" rather than "voice") - personally, if a game has a separate voice volume setting, I'd expect those to fall under it. I mean, it's voice, right? Also, sex noises are one of those things one would rather not be surprised by *cough* loudspeakers *cough* :ROFLMAO:
  • Versioning, generally you'd expect version 0.0.1a to be a (minor) update of of 0.0.1, not the other way round - 0.0.1b after 0.0.1a after 0.0.1 (after maybe 0.0.1-test or something). Obviously one can use whatever versioning scheme one fancies, and if you have a reason to ignore convention/feel strongly about it, cool, but otherwise following convention there in the future has the advantage of being more readily understood.
  • Lastly, you state that there won't be NTR: Does that mean that non-consensual stuff will only happen to the protagonist and characters that are not love interests of the protagonist? If not, might be best to mention that - personally, I don't care, but lets nip that landmine in the bud :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, the demo is interesting, looking forward to how it develops :)
Hey Kagarus,

Some replies:

• Scenes which are filtered are entirely skipped. The game instead brings you down a different path where the filtered information is not shown. I went out of my way to make sure that this did not cause any plot important information to be missed.
  • The filters are applied on a case by case basis, as you encounter a given scene. So if you have say the heterosexual content filter off, you will experience the alternate paths to heterosexual scenes *until / unless* you turn it back on, at which point you will begin encountering them again. As soon as you toggle the filter on or off, the effect is immediate.
  • Lol, fair point on the sounds, now that you mention it I had meant to do exactly that, and place them on the voice channel, but it looks like I missed that in crunch time. I will have that corrected for the next update :)
  • Also on the versioning, there was not a plan for versioning at the release of the demo. There was a plan for release packs, but not versioning. Setting it to 0.0.1 was the way to give a starting point for that moving forward.
  • So, understand that I'm not against NTR. I'm not really "pro-NTR" either, I'm just kinda neutral about it. That said, there are going to be *instances* of it, though as of the current plan they will come in the forms of bad ends, and they're going to be few and far between. I can re-word the disclaimer for clarity, but yeah there will not be a *focus* on NTR for the game, so I do not personally feel that it should be tagged as an NTR game or anything.
Much obliged for the feedback! :)

Reactions: Kagarus

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023

So, the reason for the delay between the original post and this update was that I was still figuring out my development method, timing, and trying to make all of that work with work and life. For a long stretch (about 8 months) I was doing all of this, and splitting my attention between several different projects. This has since ceased, and all development efforts are focused back on the game. Forward progress on the plot is being made as we speak for the next update, and all future updates will have much less distance between them. I get it though, as a player, that would put me off of a game. But it will not be the norm moving forward. :)

Reactions: paddyo73
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote