Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
May 6, 2019
I just downloaded the game and your mod but I'm too afraid to add it because its for version 1.1.0 and I've downloaded the 1.2.0 steam version. Can someone let me know if this mod is safe to use or not for the latest version please.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just downloaded the game and your mod but I'm too afraid to add it because its for version 1.1.0 and I've downloaded the 1.2.0 steam version. Can someone let me know if this mod is safe to use or not for the latest version please.
Well, there's no steam code in v1.1.0 so if you add the mod to your Steam install you'd end up with no achievements (basically the non-steam version)... that said I don't even know if the VN has steam achievements... considering the amount of bugs in this final release it would shock me if it had them and they actually worked tbh.

Detritus1111

Jan 16, 2024
Extract all the contents of the compressed file (everything including the directory "SanchoMod") inside the "game" folder and you're sorted. Don't be selective copying only some of the mod's contents, extract all of it as directed in the "Installation" of the OP. Regards.
I Did that.issue persists. At age warning just freezes .

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
I'm a little confused, will your mod work with the game page download of v1.2.0market that's available from the mega link currently? Or do I need to find an older version of the game to match up with your mod version? (note the important aspect of this is wanting your mod since you worked so hard on sorting out all the issues the game has)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm a little confused, will your mod work with the game page download of v1.2.0market that's available from the mega link currently? Or do I need to find an older version of the game to match up with your mod version? (note the important aspect of this is wanting your mod since you worked so hard on sorting out all the issues the game has)
See post on previous page here (which has the v1.2.0 nothing-burger of a changelog for reference). Bottom line: you're fine to install the mod, the dev still hasn't fixed most of what I have tbh.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
wow this game ends with no cyndi creampie? oh lord, talk about cutting it short..... BIG disappointment.
this game has an ISLA ending, Isla sex interactions total: 3
This game has no Cindy ending, Cindy sex interactions: 6.
On top of this, you actually build a connection with Cindy that goes deeper during the game. And I for once would have liked to have her too as an option at the end, given the character development was there since the beginning and it could have been so much more.
way to fuck it up, congratz.
Bud, you know I only mod the game, I'm not the developer nor the writer of the VN.

FWIW Cindy's my fave too... nothing I can do about VN renders and story writing though... go bitch to the developer, not me.

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017
Same thing. I actually deleted the entire folder in appdata since I have never actually played this game.

I unzipped the game FRESH, and the mod FRESH. Overwrote the file when asked. Double clicked the exe to play it. Got the game window with a white screen for about 10s, then got this:
View attachment 3152837

Honestly.. Im tired of messing with it. So I am just giving up on this game. I wasnt too excited for it in the first place. The fact that nobody else seems to be encountering this issue means it must be something fairly unique to my PC, but I cannot figure out what that would be.

In case it is not clear, I understand you have gone above and beyond trying to resolve this, especially since nobody else is getting this. I appreciate the effort.
I just got round to playing RtM Eps.1-10, and I too was having this very error when trying to launch the game with Sancho's mod installed. Turns out it was the unren-console.rpy file that I use was to blame, enabling the console and developer mode must conflict with Sancho's mod now. Deleted unren-console.rpy and unren-console.rpyc, and the game ran perfectly with the mod installed.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
wow this game ends with no cyndi creampie? oh lord, talk about cutting it short..... BIG disappointment.
this game has an ISLA ending, Isla sex interactions total: 3
This game has no Cindy ending, Cindy sex interactions: 6.
On top of this, you actually build a connection with Cindy that goes deeper during the game. And I for once would have liked to have her too as an option at the end, given the character development was there since the beginning and it could have been so much more.
way to fuck it up, congratz.
Wrong thread.

Derprod

Sep 16, 2018
Bud, you know I only mod the game, I'm not the developer nor the writer of the VN.

FWIW Cindy's my fave too... nothing I can do about VN renders and story writing though... go bitch to the developer, not me.
true, had to vent, sorry

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
I just got round to playing RtM Eps.1-10, and I too was having this very error when trying to launch the game with Sancho's mod installed. Turns out it was the unren-console.rpy file that I use was to blame, enabling the console and developer mode must conflict with Sancho's mod now. Deleted unren-console.rpy and unren-console.rpyc, and the game ran perfectly with the mod installed.
Interesting. I would guess that was my issue. unren to enable console is the first thing I do. Its so reflexive I often forget that I have already done it. Happens as soon as I install a new game.

But... I gave up on this game. I was like 10 minutes into it when I see the sister (who was your main LI in part one) is now with some other dude. Kinda ruined the whole feeling, so I just closed it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Interesting. I would guess that was my issue. unren to enable console is the first thing I do. Its so reflexive I often forget that I have already done it. Happens as soon as I install a new game.

But... I gave up on this game. I was like 10 minutes into it when I see the sister (who was your main LI in part one) is now with some other dude. Kinda ruined the whole feeling, so I just closed it.
Bud... you made an negative assumption based on her narrative deceit (her shield regarding the past). You're completely safe if you feel you want to actually give the VN a go.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have no checkers for console bud... I could care less since I'm under the impression that if someone is willing to do that and they fuck something up then it's on them and not me, relieving me from technical support of any associated issue(s). Your issue was from (what appears to be) a result mod mixing... there must be something else with that file that's being processed other than console mode.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Is it just me or is the name for the MC changed to "Test" somewhere halfway during the replay when you view "Sadie/Viv SafeWord" in your gallery?

EDIT: I'm seeing the same behaviour in other replays as well.

Could it be somewhere in your code to fix the lust time stuff so that you can keep clicking instead of having to use the menu?

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it just me or is the name for the MC changed to "Test" somewhere halfway during the replay when you view "Sadie/Viv SafeWord" in your gallery?

EDIT: I'm seeing the same behaviour in other replays as well.

Could it be somewhere in your code to fix the lust time stuff so that you can keep clicking instead of having to use the menu?
Good morning,

Apologies as I didn't notice your post yesterday without being pinged.

Sigh...

You are correct bud... my bad. The dev reverts all character names on each LustTime event to their respective persistent defaults (I have no idea why tbh, it isn't necessary beyond getting his own crappy gallery semi-working proper).

I've sorted the issue across the board. I'll make a maintenance update in just a minute.

Reactions: colombeen

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved issue where the MC's name reverted to dev's persistent defaults within SanchoGallery during LustTime events. Thanks to my bud colombeen for reporting the issue.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Reactions: colombeen

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
I'm truly baffled, I assumed I understood the Sanchomod notes but I just checked on the 'contract' stat and is basically telling me I haven't got it....does that only change AFTER the wrestling is finished as I'm worried now I went down the wrong path and I should have just given Vivian some alcohol right from the start.
1708676951213.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm truly baffled, I assumed I understood the Sanchomod notes but I just checked on the 'contract' stat and is basically telling me I haven't got it....does that only change AFTER the wrestling is finished as I'm worried now I went down the wrong path and I should have just given Vivian some alcohol right from the start.
View attachment 3378943
Okay.... more elaborate clarification: "Required for Contract(Success) later"

Not all event vars in VN's are changed immediately after a choice, let the story playout a bit.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Okay.... more elaborate clarification: "Required for Contract(Success) later"

Not all event vars in VN's are changed immediately after a choice, let the story playout a bit.
the contract for the wrestling thing, I assumed it would change after the first section (i.e not giving Viv the booze) but then I saw a later one where Emma comes on to you, so avoided that as well. After the wrestling was over and just before the fun and games with Grace in her bedroom, there was some talk about the contract but now I don't see that stat listed so I guess I got that all done and the stat is no longer valid, though the contract has not been actually verbally agreed yet. so I guess I'll push on for a while and see if it plays out....

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes