Unity Completed None [REQ] Lorena and the land of ruins

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
Does anyone know of any tool to explore the packages from the game's folder? Particularly those with

.assets
.assets.resS
.resource
.resS

I've tried a few tools that are out there but none seem to work with this game in particular.
Looking at both the Steam and DLSite game folders I noticed some files are considerably bigger in one folder and almost non-existant in the other, and considering how similar both versions are technically and gameplay-wise, I'm guessing that's where the new and removed content are and used to be respectively. I tried just plain replacing files, but that often broke the game.

Problem seems to be that even if you can load the new cosmetics on the DLSite version, you don't have a menu and options to load them, while the Steam version seems to be locked into disabling the R18 content (something I noticed since opening the DLSite version after the Steam one turns off adult content) and it also has no option to access the Gallery even if you managed to add it back. So seems like merging the menus is the only way to get a "complete" game, but that requires to look into the code and assets, but haven't had any luck with that.

Reactions: derakino999

MDashK

Mar 21, 2020
Does anyone know of any tool to explore the packages from the game's folder? Particularly those with

.assets
.assets.resS
.resource
.resS

I've tried a few tools that are out there but none seem to work with this game in particular.
Looking at both the Steam and DLSite game folders I noticed some files are considerably bigger in one folder and almost non-existant in the other, and considering how similar both versions are technically and gameplay-wise, I'm guessing that's where the new and removed content are and used to be respectively. I tried just plain replacing files, but that often broke the game.

Problem seems to be that even if you can load the new cosmetics on the DLSite version, you don't have a menu and options to load them, while the Steam version seems to be locked into disabling the R18 content (something I noticed since opening the DLSite version after the Steam one turns off adult content) and it also has no option to access the Gallery even if you managed to add it back. So seems like merging the menus is the only way to get a "complete" game, but that requires to look into the code and assets, but haven't had any luck with that.
Asset Studio GUI ?

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
yea asset studio sounds good, i've been trying to follow these guides to no avail

when i extract the resources asset it doesn't extract everything and it's out of order too, but besides that, it seems as if text is stored in a .txt file but like, english japanese and chinese are in the same file!?
and we know the steam version has an option to choose language, so maybe that too is coded somehow, and it's not like we can replace some files containing the english text if all the different languages are stored in a single file after all, it's messed up
also in this page there's discussion about the guys modding night of revenge, i don't know how much of this is applicable since this game is il2cpp and night of revenge is not
https://f95zone.to/threads/night-of-revenge-v1-0-7-d-lis.52284/page-300

Last edited:

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
Well, I was wrong. The dev DID remove all H-related content from the game, not just the access to it, which means a "patch" can't restore all adult content and nudity.

It seems like "adding" the cosmetics from the new version into the old one is the better way to go about it, especially since the rest of the game is the same and if anything, the Steam release removed some aspects from the original like clothing damage. The problem is that doing so would require modding the UI and menus so the new items can be accessed, which seems to be a hard task as this game isn't very mod-friendly and the few people with enough knowledge won't be interested in looking into it.

This is a random idea from someone with zero knowledge in modding il2cpp, but wouldn't it be easier to add the new cosmetics and load them via console commands/a 3rd party tool or mod menu? You know, skipping the whole merging the store/wardrobe menu from the Steam release and just loading assets directly? Of course, I imagine it would still require some knowledge and not just copy/paste assets and textures, but I feel it's the easier way to go about this. I'd look into it, but I want to know if it's feasible

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Well, I was wrong. The dev DID remove all H-related content from the game, not just the access to it, which means a "patch" can't restore all adult content and nudity.

It seems like "adding" the cosmetics from the new version into the old one is the better way to go about it, especially since the rest of the game is the same and if anything, the Steam release removed some aspects from the original like clothing damage. The problem is that doing so would require modding the UI and menus so the new items can be accessed, which seems to be a hard task as this game isn't very mod-friendly and the few people with enough knowledge won't be interested in looking into it.

This is a random idea from someone with zero knowledge in modding il2cpp, but wouldn't it be easier to add the new cosmetics and load them via console commands/a 3rd party tool or mod menu? You know, skipping the whole merging the store/wardrobe menu from the Steam release and just loading assets directly? Of course, I imagine it would still require some knowledge and not just copy/paste assets and textures, but I feel it's the easier way to go about this. I'd look into it, but I want to know if it's feasible
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I unpacked some .dll and in the .json the code of the dlsite ver does have some hscenes code, but i thought... hmm... what about the scenes themselves? where are they stored? code alone can't make it, right? but even if it could menus had a toggle for r18, how would we go for having it enabled without even having the button toggle in the menu? and many many more issues, so i thought... How about adding the english language to the DLSite ver? Did you try looking into that? as i said i found one big .txt file containing all 3 languages at once, but i'm not sure if it's the one the game actually uses, because if it is, then EVEN adding the english language to the dlsite ver would require more effort than just patching a file in

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
From what I saw the H-scenes (the animations and levels where they load) are stored on sharedassets3 from the DLS version. The issue here is that in order to get them working again we'd need to:

- Find all assets for the scenes (models, textures, levels, animations, sounds, bgm and maybe even the subs for the one or two scenes that have them)
- Find all the code that triggers them (defeated by certain enemies on certain levels, unlocking them after beating stages) and the respective scenes of each scenario
- Find the UI for the Gallery menu, previews, icons and pray they won't break the Steam version if added

And I'm probably missing more here, but yeah, code alone won't work since the assets don't exist on the Steam version. This is why I think it would be easier to just bring the new cosmetics for Lorena (hairstyles, accessories and maid outfits) into the DLSite version and then use console commands or a 3rd party menu (which apparently can be done with MelonLoader) to load them to avoid going having to also port the menus and options to load them. I've done this for other games that have addon cosmetics but no way to get them in-game, so maybe the same logic can be applied here. Feels like it would be far less work that could be done relatively quick, because the "patch" people want require someone who truly knows about modding il2cpp.

As for adding the English language to the DLS version, frankly I don't see much point in it. After playing the Steam version and seeing the story and all the dialogues, I don't think I missed anything since the story is very basic. Aside learning that there's alternate dialogues if you go out in underwear and that there's a few items that give you more health and stamina (and some other key items), there's practically no dialogue outside the village anyway, so just playing the Steam version once was enough to get every dialogue and item's purpose. The only untranslated dialogues would be from the H-scenes, and I doubt those got subbed. I checked the audio files and after translating their names, they're pretty much what you'd imagine.

However, here's an idea: how about instead of trying to "patch" the English language into the DLS version, you try replacing one of the languages with it? Meaning you paste the English text over the korean/chinese/japanese and see if it works. You wouldn't need to add anything and the game would load the english text. I doubt that would work just like that, but it's worth a shot.

May 9, 2019
Apologies for the suspicion, but I see the Russian on the description there and I can't help but get a little nervous you know? I've never heard of the Sanctuary site before and this doesn't look like a trusted uploader, can anyone confirm if this is safe?

MDashK

Mar 21, 2020
Apologies for the suspicion, but I see the Russian on the description there and I can't help but get a little nervous you know? I've never heard of the Sanctuary site before and this doesn't look like a trusted uploader, can anyone confirm if this is safe?
It's safe. I'm registered there. Use the torrent for the download. The direct link doesn't seem to be working.

Oct 14, 2018
From what I saw the H-scenes (the animations and levels where they load) are stored on sharedassets3 from the DLS version. The issue here is that in order to get them working again we'd need to:

- Find all assets for the scenes (models, textures, levels, animations, sounds, bgm and maybe even the subs for the one or two scenes that have them)
- Find all the code that triggers them (defeated by certain enemies on certain levels, unlocking them after beating stages) and the respective scenes of each scenario
- Find the UI for the Gallery menu, previews, icons and pray they won't break the Steam version if added

And I'm probably missing more here, but yeah, code alone won't work since the assets don't exist on the Steam version. This is why I think it would be easier to just bring the new cosmetics for Lorena (hairstyles, accessories and maid outfits) into the DLSite version and then use console commands or a 3rd party menu (which apparently can be done with MelonLoader) to load them to avoid going having to also port the menus and options to load them. I've done this for other games that have addon cosmetics but no way to get them in-game, so maybe the same logic can be applied here. Feels like it would be far less work that could be done relatively quick, because the "patch" people want require someone who truly knows about modding il2cpp.

As for adding the English language to the DLS version, frankly I don't see much point in it. After playing the Steam version and seeing the story and all the dialogues, I don't think I missed anything since the story is very basic. Aside learning that there's alternate dialogues if you go out in underwear and that there's a few items that give you more health and stamina (and some other key items), there's practically no dialogue outside the village anyway, so just playing the Steam version once was enough to get every dialogue and item's purpose. The only untranslated dialogues would be from the H-scenes, and I doubt those got subbed. I checked the audio files and after translating their names, they're pretty much what you'd imagine.

However, here's an idea: how about instead of trying to "patch" the English language into the DLS version, you try replacing one of the languages with it? Meaning you paste the English text over the korean/chinese/japanese and see if it works. You wouldn't need to add anything and the game would load the english text. I doubt that would work just like that, but it's worth a shot.
this is very cool idea n simple way, instead of going through steam that already blocked n erased (18+ access), if its possible just add the eng language to the DLS version.. i hope it will work though

AnonJohn

Dec 1, 2017
Would be easier to just take the text from the Steam version and apply it to the dlsite version, translate the untranslated text from the scenes (if there is any).

Sure, Steam won't have a patch (Likely not possible anyways and you would have to download it so you might as well just download this), but at least the game with have a proper English R18 version which is the main thing.

English R18 version > Steam patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethean and MDashK

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
thank you!! this works!

Do you know if there is an english patch by chance? It's a little hard to play the game with my phone in the other hand translating eveything i run into haha
No. That's kinda why this whole thread exists.

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
thank you!! this works!

Do you know if there is an english patch by chance? It's a little hard to play the game with my phone in the other hand translating eveything i run into haha
You seriously aren't missing anything. The lore and story are very basic and you can even figure some stuff by just looking at it. I played the Steam version and talked to every NPC and saw every piece of dialogue, yet nothing interesting. You might as well just pirate the Steam version and play that since it has 99% of the dialogues in the game. The H scenes weren't translated, so even if there was a patch someone would need to translate those, and based on their file names, they are exactly what they sound like.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
You seriously aren't missing anything. The lore and story are very basic and you can even figure some stuff by just looking at it. I played the Steam version and talked to every NPC and saw every piece of dialogue, yet nothing interesting. You might as well just pirate the Steam version and play that since it has 99% of the dialogues in the game. The H scenes weren't translated, so even if there was a patch someone would need to translate those, and based on their file names, they are exactly what they sound like.
H-scene don't need translation.
There only some text on the first one (avaiable in the trial), before the dev gave up making text for the H-scene, and only a couple of them actually have Lorena talk a bit (like 2- 4 phrases at best).

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
H-scene don't need translation.
There only some text on the first one (avaiable in the trial), before the dev gave up making text for the H-scene, and only a couple of them actually have Lorena talk a bit (like 2- 4 phrases at best).
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Only one scene has subtitles which I imagine weren't translated, so you can MTL it. The voice lines you can get a good idea of what she says, so I seriously don't see much point in translating and patching the R18 version aside maybe not confusing the menus

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Only one scene has subtitles which I imagine weren't translated, so you can MTL it. The voice lines you can get a good idea of what she says, so I seriously don't see much point in translating and patching the R18 version aside maybe not confusing the menus
Only need the menus translated for h scenes tbh

Nezumi-chan

Oct 25, 2019
thanks man! i hope there will be updated (steam) version with the H content from some member
Unlikely. Merging the two versions would be extremely difficult, as they were thorough in the removal of adult content from the Steam version. Further complicating things, the 18+ version was pulled in all regions, so we only have pirate downloads to go off of.