• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,418 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 630 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,610 12.5%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,509 11.7%
  • Rithe

Votes: 274 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,298 10.1%
  • Aline

Votes: 38 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 59 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 59 0.5%

• Total voters

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
I would love it to pieces if we could fade out that textbox.
Hotkey to hide the textbox is H. I could probably add an opacity slider to the menu pretty easily. I'll see if I can make time to mess around with it after v0.16

Played through it, 2 and half months for such a small amount of content is kind of insane.
For 0.15a you need a new save game to see all of the new scenes mentioned in the changelog. Some scenes were added in as far back as act-1, but also I forgot to add a choice tracking variable in 0.10 that I didn't catch it until last month. Without that variable the game doesn't know that you're on the Eryn path and skips over the good parts. If you load up a save from 0.14 you'll just get the first half of a new scene without the animated h-scene part.

Also I mentioned this in the supporter post with the links but around 2/21 I'm aiming to release 0.15b which is going to implement the full story revision that I've been working on and had to delay implementing to avoid having it hold up this release. The writing style is different with third person limited narration and there are some major tweaks to the story. In 0.15a the new scenes stick out because they have the new writing style and are missing some major changes that are coming later. The 0.15a build is for anyone who wants to see the new art and direction that the story is heading or anyone that just fast forwards through to the h-scenes (not judging btw). Version 0.15b is going to be the complete and polished one for anyone interested in the story or characters.

Animoo

Mar 26, 2020
For 0.15a you need a new save game to see all of the new scenes mentioned in the changelog. Some scenes were added in as far back as act-1, but also I forgot to add a choice tracking variable in 0.10 that I didn't catch it until last month. Without that variable the game doesn't know that you're on the Eryn path and skips over the good parts. If you load up a save from 0.14 you'll just get the first half of a new scene without the animated h-scene part.

Also I mentioned this in the supporter post with the links but around 2/21 I'm aiming to release 0.15b which is going to implement the full story revision that I've been working on and had to delay implementing to avoid having it hold up this release. The writing style is different with third person limited narration and there are some major tweaks to the story. In 0.15a the new scenes stick out because they have the new writing style and are missing some major changes that are coming later. The 0.15a build is for anyone who wants to see the new art and direction that the story is heading or anyone that just fast forwards through to the h-scenes (not judging btw). Version 0.15b is going to be the complete and polished one for anyone interested in the story or characters.
Well then, sounds like I'll wait patiently for 15b :)

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hotkey to hide the textbox is H. I could probably add an opacity slider to the menu pretty easily. I'll see if I can make time to mess around with it after v0.16

Oh yea, I know how to hide the textbox, but I just want to fade it out, that's cooler.

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
A favourite game of mine. I really like the care the artist has taken with the luscious artwork - sprites and background. Sure the game is taking its time but according to their Patreon the artist will be working on this full time from this July. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Orlox

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port of Refuge of Embers with the incest patch to v0.15a.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
What was the point of doing a poll when the fan favorite option gets ignored in favor of one of the least liked characters?
Or is the next patch confirmed to be a home run/worthwhile Eryn patch ?
Yeah, because a dev should be super keen on writing his/her story based on a poll of content leeches who don't pay for anything. I like polls for games with many LIs to see where I sit relative to the crowd, but I don't expect devs to start changing their stories based on them. If you want that then go to a support platform and join a tier that gives you that kind of influence.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
The poll here is just to give us a rough idea of what characters people like or dislike since there's a lot of traffic on F95. On the main post we have a project roadmap posted under a spoiler tag. Version 0.10 to 0.14 were main story updates. Version 0.15+ are romance path updates. We choose which character's romance path to add to with supporter polls and in version 0.15 Eryn was the one who won the poll.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 33 Votes