Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,383 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 629 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,606 12.5%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,503 11.7%
  • Rithe

Votes: 271 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,290 10.0%
  • Aline

Votes: 38 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 58 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 59 0.5%

• Total voters

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
Not sure what i expected when this game was released. By now, it is just another linear kinetic novel with hidden point collection.

Played through the update in 10 seconds by holding down CTRL. The new sex scene didn't even play because... apparently i didn't select the "proper" choice for the sister in a previous update.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Played through the update in 10 seconds by holding down CTRL. The new sex scene didn't even play because... apparently i didn't select the "proper" choice.
FYI

For 0.15a you need a new save game to see all of the new scenes mentioned in the changelog. Some scenes were added in as far back as act-1, but also I forgot to add a choice tracking variable in 0.10 that I didn't catch it until last month. Without that variable the game doesn't know that you're on the Eryn path and skips over the good parts. If you load up a save from 0.14 you'll just get the first half of a new scene without the animated h-scene part.

Also I mentioned this in the supporter post with the links but around 2/21 I'm aiming to release 0.15b which is going to implement the full story revision that I've been working on and had to delay implementing to avoid having it hold up this release. The writing style is different with third person limited narration and there are some major tweaks to the story. In 0.15a the new scenes stick out because they have the new writing style and are missing some major changes that are coming later. The 0.15a build is for anyone who wants to see the new art and direction that the story is heading or anyone that just fast forwards through to the h-scenes (not judging btw). Version 0.15b is going to be the complete and polished one for anyone interested in the story or characters.

Reactions: binglebangles

Loki0

Jul 16, 2017
remember played it a bit more than a year ago, and it hooked me.
following patch notes after my initial playthrough, these notes mention in summary reworks for chapter 1 en mass. bcs of that long time i forgot names, did this game grew out of chapter 1 or is it still in rework?

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
remember played it a bit more than a year ago, and it hooked me.
following patch notes after my initial playthrough, these notes mention in summary reworks for chapter 1 en mass. bcs of that long time i forgot names, did this game grew out of chapter 1 or is it still in rework?
Act-1 was wrapped up in version 0.10 which was posted here on 4/2023 so you most likely played version 0.09 last. Version 0.11-0.14 were main story updates for act-2 adding new main chars and locations. Versions 0.15+ are romance path updates. Latest release was 0.15a which added new Eryn romance path scenes into the existing story including one in the prologue. Alongside the new stuff I've been working on a major writing revision that's going to be added in version 0.15b in about 3 weeks. Everything is structurally there in 0.15a but the writing doesn't flow together yet and a major plot point is missing at the end that makes the h-scene feel disjointed. Right now in Eryn's romance path MC comes across as kind of oblivious, but the rewrite shapes that into something that I hope is going to be more interesting. I'd hold off on replaying a few more weeks.

Last edited:

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
They have been constrained by budget but it looks like that is getting better by this Patreon post.
I've mentioned this a lot but for everyone's context on this we're literally just 2 people with full time jobs making this game after work on nights and weekends. We've kept our support tiers capped for that reason. Within our time constraints getting the game to a point where we could focus on the romance paths took a ridiculously long time because the artist had to spend time creating things like backgrounds, characters, & GUI first. With that out of the way now we're at a point where with the same hours we can add a good sized romance path update every 2 months. That could be 4 static scenes plus 1 animated h-scene in a release, or maybe 2 animated h-scenes and 2 static scenes. Version 0.15 for example added 5 static scenes plus 1 animated h-scene which is pretty much in line with what we estimated. In July if all goes well those 60-day releases will turn back into 30-day releases and be slightly larger than they are now.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Second in popularity is Lucine, so will she get some new scenes next time?
Supporter poll results for 0.16 so far has Lena in the lead at 24 votes and Lucine close behind at 21. Those numbers are going to shift around between today and Saturday but it looks like of them is going to win.

nitram5

Aug 5, 2019
Supporter poll results for 0.16 so far has Lena in the lead at 24 votes and Lucine close behind at 21. Those numbers are going to shift around between today and Saturday but it looks like of them is going to win.
Oh, sorry for the mistake. I simply suggested a survey on this topic.

Loki0

Jul 16, 2017
Act-1 was wrapped up in version 0.10 which was posted here on 4/2023 so you most likely played version 0.09 last. Version 0.11-0.14 were main story updates for act-2 adding new main chars and locations. Versions 0.15+ are romance path updates. Latest release was 0.15a which added new Eryn romance path scenes into the existing story including one in the prologue. Alongside the new stuff I've been working on a major writing revision that's going to be added in version 0.15b in about 3 weeks. Everything is structurally there in 0.15a but the writing doesn't flow together yet and a major plot point is missing at the end that makes the h-scene feel disjointed. Right now in Eryn's romance path MC comes across as kind of oblivious, but the rewrite shapes that into something that I hope is going to be more interesting. I'd hold off on replaying a few more weeks.
Thanks for the info!
This soudns great. And, yeah, that's what I meant, when you wrote, that you have rewritten some parts.
I'm happy to jump into that game of yours.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
No son, white knighting for a milkman of a dev is definitely a suck up job.. I am pretty damned confident in that assessment though so you did get that part right...
A father and son shouldn't be fighting on the internet. Go out fishing, go watch sports or visit a strip club together so you can fight over which girl has the best nipples. This would be a pleasant topic to argue about me thinks.

3.90 star(s) 33 Votes