• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Java Completed Redhead+ Mod for Tales of Androgyny

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
You think you can add more tattoos and piercings?
Would be interesting
I would like to but adding anything to the animation files is fairly difficult to do and it's easy to break the game visually when done wrong.

Question: How do you alter MC's png without affecting the distortions?
With a lot of trial and error. Editing the animation .png's is a pain in the butt as I'm sure you are aware of having done so yourself. It's difficult to try to add things as you have to stay within the preexisting boundaries or you will get graphical errors. I really don't change the images I more or less just add on top of them things like makeup and freckles. I also color balance the images more to my liking.

To edit the game I use the program Paint.net. It's simple but it's free and it gets the job done. I'm not a graphic artist so I've just had to figure out stuff as I went along.

Also I wanted to ask you Jorja if in the next update of the mod you can make the Boy Clothes outfit to be a nude one, Im sure a lot of people would love to have a nake Hiro...ine? XD
I probably could but atm I'm taking a break and not really modding nor playing the game. With the last couple of updates, I just removed the 2D art that is no longer used by the game and made sure the game still worked with the mod. To do it yourself you would just have to go through all of the MC files and figure out which parts belong to the boy outfit and erase them as we have done with the capes. I think.

I did mod the updated end game screen because I couldn't resist. But after seeing how much of the great 2D art has been removed over the years it's kinda sad. Sure they replaced it with animations and that's very cool but still would have been nice to have kept the 2D art in a gallery or something like that.

Victory_Screen_K_T.jpg
Take care everyone. :)

JoeLigma98

Jun 27, 2022
Would 3.22.2 Redhead work on 3.22.1 ToA?
I got zipped w64 version cuz idk how to work with java and stuff and make game work, But latest game version here is 3.22.1 whilst none of redhead mod downloads offer 3.22.1 version, only 3.22.2 the closest.
Sry for bad english

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Would 3.22.2 Redhead work on 3.22.1 ToA?
I got zipped w64 version cuz idk how to work with java and stuff and make game work, But latest game version here is 3.22.1 whilst none of redhead mod downloads offer 3.22.1 version, only 3.22.2 the closest.
Sry for bad english
Once you have the win 64 version every time a new version comes out just download and replace the JAR. No need to wait for the win version to get updated. My mod works the same way. Just replace the old with the new and run the .EXE

JoeLigma98

Jun 27, 2022
I see. Didn't know that's all that had to be done to update; Thanks! I love your mod, it's awesome.

p.s. seeing how you seem to be only person that mods ToA I wanted to ask if you just maybe had any plans to maybe mod few images and text that is homosexual into the futa version.
like art of warlock gangbang scene, text and images of few sceneless map male npc merchants,
some mentions of males in some scenes and text of those two trap companions so it's all futa instead of male.
if male art had a bit of an underboob view and less muscle lines on legs and slightly narrower hips it could kinda be futa like. and those darkened outlines of male NPCs could be swapped with main menu pic or smtn.

I'm a hetero dude into pegging kink (so I let futa slide kinda I guess since pegging in games is rare)
and ToA is really great and all and luckily doesn't have too much male on male stuff and most is avoidable but always thought this kinda of Futa++ idea where all the male stuff is converted into futa would be cool.

I know you most likely don't have intent of doing anything like that ofc, I just wanted to type a bit cuz bored and stuff, hehh.

anyhow. thanks for great mod again. I like how it doesn't add new bugs or makes game crash like mods sometimes do and I love redheads and such so this is really great. The colour pallet edits are fantastic and the map changes are a nice sight too!

Cheers

Reactions: Jorja

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
I see. Didn't know that's all that had to be done to update; Thanks! I love your mod, it's awesome.

I know you most likely don't have intent of doing anything like that ofc, I just wanted to type a bit cuz bored and stuff, hehh.

anyhow. thanks for great mod again. I like how it doesn't add new bugs or makes game crash like mods sometimes do and I love redheads and such so this is really great. The colour pallet edits are fantastic and the map changes are a nice sight too!

Cheers
I'm glad you like the mod.

Some of the things you mentioned are probably not possible or at least not possible without being Majalis. Any text edits would have to be manually edited into the text file each and every single time the game is updated and that would be a hell of an undertaking.

As far as the animations go they are a bit tricky. You can carefully add something within the boundary of the art or you can remove it completely but if you go outside of the existing art in any way it will appear all messed up in the game. Again not having the tools they use to create the game would make it impossible for me to do so. So I just focus on enhancing the aesthetic of the game rather than trying to make it something else.

The 2D art could be replaced but Majalis is (has) replacing most of it with animations so there is little point to doing so besides, it's also way out of my skill set as I'm neither an artist nor a programmer. Sorry.

The good news is my mod will NEVER make the game crash or introduce any bugs that aren't already present in the game. Again thanks for the kind words and take care. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: JoeLigma98

JoeLigma98

Jun 27, 2022
Thanks for info. I forgot many games are limited in modding unless devs give modders tools and such.

One last thing I wanted to mention. Only thing I kind of don't like too much about the mod. The text seems harder to read sometimes.
It's not terrible but vanilla was kind of easier, for me at least. Idk if it's the more transparent background or that mixed with brighter colours or something else but I found myself mix and matching all 3 fonts and both white and black letters to try and mitigate this.

Again, not that big of a deal. Just a tiny thing that caught my eye. On one hand it's nicer that text background box is more transparent so you can see more of game better; so it's probably worth it.

Reactions: Jorja

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for info. I forgot many games are limited in modding unless devs give modders tools and such.

One last thing I wanted to mention. Only thing I kind of don't like too much about the mod. The text seems harder to read sometimes.
It's not terrible but vanilla was kind of easier, for me at least. Idk if it's the more transparent background or that mixed with brighter colours or something else but I found myself mix and matching all 3 fonts and both white and black letters to try and mitigate this.

Again, not that big of a deal. Just a tiny thing that caught my eye. On one hand it's nicer that text background box is more transparent so you can see more of game better; so it's probably worth it.
You're not alone as others have mentioned the same in the past but I truly hate the font they picked for the game. I did put one very basic font in but I guess it depends on what device or monitor people are using because I don't have any difficulty reading the text on my end. Unless I pick black and then it's impossible to read so, of course, I only use the white font.

Also, believe it or not, even modding the font was a bit of a pain as far as the game is concerned. Most fonts I tried do not get along with the game so finding ones I liked and still worked was quite the chore.

That being said you can open the modded .JAR but do not extract it as you just need to replace some of the files with the originals. To get the originals you need to open the unmodded .JAR and extract just the necessary files.

I don't have time to test but I think replacing the following should do it:

Fonts
1. Folder "battle". Subfolder "ui". Replace "Bevan.fnt" (game menu font I believe)
2. Folder "ui". Replace all "ArgosGeorge" files, all "Ariel" files, and all "Cagliostro-Regular" files. (the 3 fonts from options)

Text Background
1. Folder "ui". Subfolder "encounter". Replace "Base Color", "Base Filigree", and "Sidetalk Panel"

Good luck and back everything up first just in case. :)

Last edited:

JoeLigma98

Jun 27, 2022
You're not alone as others have mentioned the same in the past but I truly hate the font they picked for the game. I did put one very basic font in but I guess it depends on what device or monitor people are using because I don't have any difficulty reading the text on my end. Unless I pick black and then it's impossible to read so, of course, I only use the white font.

Also, believe it or not, even modding the font was a bit of a pain as far as the game is concerned. Most fonts I tried do not get along with the game so finding ones I liked and still worked was quite the chore.

That being said you can open the modded .JAR but do not extract it as you just need to replace some of the files with the originals. To get the originals you need to open the unmodded .JAR and extract just the necessary files.

I don't have time to test but I think replacing the following should do it:

Fonts
1. Folder "battle". Subfolder "ui". Replace "Bevan.fnt" (game menu font I believe)
2. Folder "ui". Replace all "ArgosGeorge" files, all "Ariel" files, and all "Cagliostro-Regular" files. (the 3 fonts from options)

Text Background
1. Folder "ui". Subfolder "encounter". Replace "Base Color", "Base Filigree", and "Sidetalk Panel"

Good luck and back everything up first just in case. :)

Ohh wow. That's awesome. I might try to do that if i continue to fail at reading stuff. To me it seemed like it was the red-ish background that was throwing me off. If I recall correctly the vanilla had a purple one that was somewhat less transparent and darker.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes