Mod Java Completed Redhead+ Mod for Tales of Androgyny

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
How do you mod this game? Picture edits I understand after going through the folders. But how do you edit the animations ?
Pretty much the same way. All the animations are still 2D drawings but all the parts are broken up. Basically, you can change but not add anything to the animation artwork otherwise it will appear messed up in the game.

It would be awesome to know what program they use to generate the 2D art because every time they make even the slightest change to one basically every part moves around in the file so I pretty much have to mod it from scratch. Thankfully most of the time it's a minor pain to fix but when they add something like extra costumes for Hiro that takes quite the effort to get things working again because Hiro is now up to 11 files. See below for examples of 2 of them.

MC.png MC_3.png
Take care

Rock Gamia

Apr 19, 2018
Pretty much the same way. All the animations are still 2D drawings but all the parts are broken up. Basically, you can change but not add anything to the animation artwork otherwise it will appear messed up in the game.

It would be awesome to know what program they use to generate the 2D art because every time they make even the slightest change to one basically every part moves around in the file so I pretty much have to mod it from scratch. Thankfully most of the time it's a minor pain to fix but when they add something like extra costumes for Hiro that takes quite the effort to get things working again because Hiro is now up to 11 files. See below for examples of 2 of them.

View attachment 1768058 View attachment 1768059
Take care
Thanks for clearing that up. And looking at the animation png. Omg. That's something , huh? I was looking at them today and seemed to me Libgdx texture packer and unpacker can pack and unpack the associated atlas file of the animation from the png files. But may be you already know that. But yeah , animations are the thing is the most confusing to me. Btw , I think I should mention this but your red headed mod is something that made me interested in modding this game and overall interested in this game in the first place.

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
You can also "remove" part of the pieces as well tho. So if you want to somehow reshape some of the outfits you can, to some degree. Thats pretty much how I made that "nude" outfit I posted on the other thread. Is nice that this game is moddable in that aspect ^^ Now I wonder if we are able to modify the full static artworks into something totally different.
Yep, you can totally erase part of the artwork. I did that for most of the capes except for the Mage class because I don't like them one bit. I also removed the thief's veil because I want to be able to fully see Hiro's face.

You could replace any of the existing 2D art with whatever you want so long as you keep the filename the same. So, for example, if you wanted to change the forest background to something else you could do so.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

ChrisDark

Jul 24, 2017
what am i doing wrong, i can see and move the mouse. what ive tried so far, replace original game files with mod. ive also downloaded the mod alone and opened its files

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
what am i doing wrong, i can see and move the mouse. what ive tried so far, replace original game files with mod. ive also downloaded the mod alone and opened its files
That's weird. I'm assuming you can get the regular version of the game to run right? If not then you need to go to the game's official forum to ask for assistance. Also, what do you mean by opening the files? Are you extracting the JAR? Do not do that. Just leave it as is.

So if you have a working version of the non-modded game installed just back up the existing JAR then download my modded JAR into that folder and be sure to launch the game with the EXE.

Last edited:

Sirine

Aug 7, 2017
Every time mega has trouble compressing data when downloading (100 Bytes/seconde for a while).
You might wanna compress before putting it on mega to make it easier to download.

4rn4ld0

Jul 6, 2019
Is it possible to host the mod on any other place? Mega doesn't let download anything beyond 1 G and complain I have exceeded my quote of free download

Erold Shirogane

Oct 19, 2021
Hey Jorja I like your mod, but where do I look to find the .toa file so I can edit the file and unlock all the Achievement ?

I know you're supposed to unlock them via Ironman mode but I don't have the time lately to do so, and sorry for my bad English

Thanks for the Mod☺

Reactions: Jorja

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Hey Jorja I like your mod, but where do I look to find the .toa file so I can edit the file and unlock all the Achievement ?

I know you're supposed to unlock them via Ironman mode but I don't have the time lately to do so, and sorry for my bad English

Thanks for the Mod☺
Glad you like the mod. Majalis moved the saves folder to your C drive. The easiest way to find that folder is to load the game and then go into the save menu. Near the top right there is a button and when you click on it it will open that folder. I believe you are looking to edit the profie.json file. Good luck.

DADofWAR

Oct 18, 2019
Could someone post a download link of this awesome mod without it being MEGA?
Like Workupload, Gofile, Pixeldrain, Mixdrop, etc...
Very good mod.

I want to turn this redhead into a cumdump......

Last edited:

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Could someone post a download link of this awesome mod without it being MEGA?
Like Workupload, Gofile, Pixeldrain, Mixdrop, etc...
Very good mod.

I want to turn this redhead into a cumdump......
I'm glad you like the mod and sorry about MEGA but I don't have the time to set up a bunch of accounts and then have to upload the mod to each of them every time I update it.

I'm not sure what the issue everyone has with MEGA because it works fine for me but I do strongly suggest everyone use the app instead of the browser and that should take care of any issues. Also if you have the game installed all anyone needs to do is download the JAR and place it into your TOA folder ignoring the rest of the files. Do backup the base game first, of course.

Reactions: DADofWAR

DADofWAR

Oct 18, 2019
I'm glad you like the mod and sorry about MEGA but I don't have the time to set up a bunch of accounts and then have to upload the mod to each of them every time I update it.

I'm not sure what the issue everyone has with MEGA because it works fine for me but I do strongly suggest everyone use the app instead of the browser and that should take care of any issues. Also if you have the game installed all anyone needs to do is download the JAR and place it into your TOA folder ignoring the rest of the files. Do backup the base game first, of course.
It's mostly because of the limited transfer quotta (for users that don't want to pay), but there's no need to worry i was just impatient wanting to play your mod.

WELL FUKIN DOHNE MATTE

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
It's mostly because of the limited transfer quotta (for users that don't want to pay), but there's no need to worry i was just impatient wanting to play your mod.

WELL FUKIN DOHNE MATTE
Do you use a vpn? Use the app and when you run out of bandwidth pause the dl and switch your server with your vpn and then resume the dl and you can bypass having to wait.

Thanks again for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the mod.

Reactions: DADofWAR

DADofWAR

Oct 18, 2019
Do you use a vpn? Use the app and when you run out of bandwidth pause the dl and switch your server with your vpn and then resume the dl and you can bypass having to wait.

Thanks again for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the mod.
Yes, ik.
Since you are a modder, is there a way to increase the graphics even more? Other than resolution, also don't worry i like the actual graphics, but if there's an option to increase even further i take it.

Mar 26, 2022

I use Jdownloader, are you saying ALL i need is the 2gb JAR?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes