EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
entitybannerbaseROD13.png

Overview:
Story of Rather Obscure Dreams follows several young people living their lives in the city of Hoeville, fairly extraordinare american city which often defies logic. Every single one of these protagonists has a different goal, however similiar their paths may be. Explore their stories and help them achieve happiness, or... don't. Although all of these people find themselves in different places, their lives are about to change when they start having some rather obscure dreams...
Thread Updated: 2023-07-25
Release Date: 2023-07-22
Developer: SMG49 - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.21
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

ROD3.png ROD4.png ROD5.png ROD1.png ROD2.png ROD6.png ROD8.png ROD11.png ROD12.png ROD13.png ROD14.png ROD15.png ROD16.png ROD17.png

Last edited:

SMG49

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2023
Like the look of this. Not a huge fan of the mc but cool concept.
Thanks sir! What bothers you about the mc? Trying to collect as much feedback as possible. Too gullible, too snobby?

SMG49

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2023
Warning - dicks are not avoidable, no lesbian path. Bye.
Dicks are fully avoidable (outside of dream sequences), there is a purity path. However you're correct, the lesbian content isn't fleshed out. There is only 1 fully lesbian scene, the other is a threesome. Thanks for playing!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not a bad start story-wise, but the writing and especially the dialogue need some work. No one refers to Shakespeare as a writer best known for Romeo and Juliet, the prof would use the name. An "elaborate" is either a verb or an adjective, not a noun. Lo9ts of comma splices like " I was nearby, you are late today." Those are separate sentences. Not a huge problem, but one that would be mostly solved by using a writing program that has some spelling and grammar tools.

The story could do with some help for the player in terms of knowing what the decisions entail. In my game, the MC agreed to have coffee with a guy and ended up having sex, with no player choice. Meaningful game decisions have to have meaning before the decision is made, so the player can choose which meaning they want to go with.

All in all, though, not a bad start.

I thought that the idea of making the first release v 2.0 was a good one, since a lot of players (like me) are reluctant to bother with 0.1 versions.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SMG49
Dec 28, 2017
Some feedback for what I consider quite a strong initial release:
  • Endings list, with hints on how to get them all (at minimum. I would prefer just a walkthrough, but whatever, the game is not branching enough to really require more than a hint?)
  • A "jump" option, to skip to certain points (not necessary, but nice)
  • Hotkeys to progress to the next scene (I mean, make it possible for me to spam enter or something to skip through all the dialogue, good for replays).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: SMG49

SMG49

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2023
Not a bad start story-wise, but the writing and especially the dialogue need some work. No one refers to Shakespeare as a writer best known for Romeo and Juliet, the prof would use the name. An "elaborate" is either a verb or an adjective, not a noun. Lo9ts of comma splices like " I was nearby, you are late today." Those are separate sentences. Not a huge problem, but one that would be mostly solved by using a writing program that has some spelling and grammar tools.

The story could do with some help for the player in terms of knowing what the decisions entail. In my game, the MC agreed to have coffee with a guy and ended up having sex, with no player choice. Meaningful game decisions have to have meaning before the decision is made, so the player can choose which meaning they want to go with.

All in all, though, not a bad start.

I thought that the idea of making the first release v 2.0 was a good one, since a lot of players (like me) are reluctant to bother with 0.1 versions.
Thanks for the feedback! Might look into running it through some sort of a writing program. Could swear elaborate was a noun, the word is closer to elaborate than it is to elaboration in my language, you live and learn, I guess :D
I was thinking about putting the brackets with paths next to the decisions, but I decided against it in the initial release, thought it would be better to explore. But I'm definitely planning to get an accessibility option to view these hints. I can see how some of the decisions feel unfair or random without a hint.
Thank you for your observations, hope you have fun playing!

SMG49

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2023
Some feedback for what I consider quite a strong initial release:
  • Endings list, with hints on how to get them all (at minimum, I would prefer just a walkthrough, but whatever, the game is not branching enough to really require more than a hint?)
  • A "jump" option, to skip to certain points (not necessary, but nice)
  • Hotkeys to progress to the next scene (I mean, make it possible for me to spam enter or something to skip through all the dialogue, good for replays).
Thanks for the feedback! Accessibility options are planned, but I chose to leave players "in the dark" at the initial release, something about the magic of exploration. The "jump option" is something I haven't really considered, but I'll definitely look into it, sounds like a good addition. Although there are no hotkeys right now, you can use a workaround of sorts, click into the window, than TAB and ENTER after, should always put you onto the first clickable element. Used it to get around too. Once again, thanks for your feedback, hope you have fun with game!

Reactions: thelaughsareking
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote