greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
how to make such games without too much coding, most of them have the same interface so there must be a tool
The game was built using Twine 1.4.2 combined with the SugarCube v2.11.0 story format, the default layout of the story format has been slightly modified to show the images within the left hand side-bar. If you are interested in looking at the project content of the game then you can use the Twine 1.x application's File > Import > Compiled HTML File menu item to re-create your own copy of the project.

DaveBastard

Jun 10, 2017
How would I go about editing the game to set the money I have to a certain number whenever I go to the office?

I tried adding <<set $cash =100000>> to the bottom of the the My Office passage but when I build the story and run it I get an error when loading "There is a technical problem with this story (Config settings: Config is not defined).You may be able to continue playing, but some parts may not work properly." and it doesn't show the same UI or any images, I don't really know what i'm doing so any help would be appreciated.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
The game is built using Twine 1 (v1.4.2) and the SugarCube 2 (v2.11.0) story format.

Based on the error message you received I believe you are trying to build your version of the game using the Sugercane story format that comes pre-installed with the application.

If this is the case then you will need to download the latest from its website and install it, instructions on how to do that can be found in the section of the documentation. Once you have installed SugarCube 2 you will need to use the Story > Story Format > SugarCube-2 menu items to select it, and then build your version again.

DaveBastard

Jun 10, 2017
That fixed the errors and images, and I managed to get the money when starting new both in the my place and my office passages, but I can't get it to work with a save from beforehand. is that something fixable?

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...but I can't get it to work with a save from beforehand. is that something fixable?
A SugarCube save generally includes data about each step/moment of the path you took through the game, and the state of all known variables for each moment of that path. When you load a save the game's current path/states data is replaced by that stored in the save.

The example <<set $cash =100000>> statement change you mentioned earlier should still work because the path data stored within the save does not contain the actual passage content of the travelled Passages, only their names. Any changes you make to the initial/current values of any variables will however be undone by the state data in the save.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Version 0.94 to 0.95 Image File Top Up:

Version 0.95 HTML Update:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
----
Doggo, can the OP get updated?

Reactions: xןʞ and Ferlond

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Version 0.95.1 HTML Update:

Reactions: xןʞ

depeche

Nov 10, 2016
Any way to play it on android ?
My phone reads HTML files, images and video files, but separately....
So images and videos don't appear at their places in the game.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Version 0.95.2 full (everything so far) image file:

Reactions: Gingerbeard87

Klokz

Aug 12, 2017
so the librarian has a George Micheal song as her password that's not "Careless Whisper"

Guy's I don't think if I can recommend this game, to much wasted potential.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes