• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Powered Stranger [v0.71] [Z-Wave]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes
May 7, 2017
(...) I mainly have 2 questions I need your feedback on:
1. Do you like the new system and would you change anything about it?
2. Is it good to focus on story and characters first and or do you demand new sex scenes in every monthly release of the game, even at the cost of character progression? (...)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S: If you want some inspiration Z-Wave, you should check "Where the Heart Is" from CheekyGimp ( ), where teasing reigns supreme (sexual content with escalation), as well as having the main story and characters plot explored/developed sequentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z-Wave

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
@Z-Wave
I tend not to have much of an opinion on version numbers. Other than a few titles out there, I wouldn't really expect full-on sexual content with every update since the story and character relationships may need to develop. While I don't expect sex scenes from every update I would probably be disappointed to see no lewd content at all in an update. This could be something as simple as the MC getting a look up a skirt. I've noticed some devs drop voyeuristic content into their games early on to allow nudity before relationships have developed, I always appreciate that kind of stuff.

Z-Wave

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
@Paranoid_android (nice name btw. although I prefer Resurrection Remix ;)) Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. It helps me a lot, especially the idea to include accidental (saint girls) and strategic (villains) scenes. And I too want it to be balanced and depending on personality. I'll definitely keep up the extensive story part so it is somewhat credible, but also make sure to include enough scenes in at least every second release. Also thanks for the game recommendation, I'll make sure to check it out!

@Stagwood Huge thanks to you as well. It's great to know you share my desire for character development. I'll definitely implement your ideas about voyeuristic content in future games (v0.5 upwards since v0.3 is already in testing and v0.4 will include full-on sex).

Stay tuned for a small preview by tomorrow and of course the release of v0.3 on Monday!

May the Power protect you

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
Hi fellow Strangers,

Does anybody have suggestions on how I can get more traffic towards my game?

I'm now present on some websites and forums and get a couple of thousand clicks, but I wonder what else I can do. For example I'd love for Powered Stranger to be present on popular sites like or , but I can't find any way to get in contact with the people behind those sites.

So... hopefully you have some great ideas about how I can promote my game better.

Right now I'm present on 2 Websites:

Also I post every update on a lot of adult forums of which the most frequented are:

I'm looking forward to your feedback and ideas! And if you know somebody in charge of an adult website who could upload my game, please don't hesitate to send it to them. Since I'm giving it away for free anyway, of course you have full permission to do the same. :)

Have a great time!

Z-Wave

Reactions: Paranoid_android

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Not too much going on here, huh?
Yeah, but don't let that worry you. It's early days for this project of yours and I imagine most people that are interested are lurking quietly to see how things shape up. There are a lot of different things you can do with such a large cast of potential characters so I'm sure the interest won't falter.
If you go and look at the first few pages of other projects you'll often usually find a lot of grumbling and complaining, be it for lack of content or whatever, and I'd take a lack of complaints as a positive.
The new GUI looks nice and certainly fits your visual style. I don't know what else I could say about it though.
Just keep up the good work, I'm sure people will start talking more as your plot starts gaining steam. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates you taking the time to come here and update us.

Z-Wave

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
@Stagwood thanks for your kind words and your feedback! I'll make sure to keep you up to date around here. :)

Z-Wave

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

the official poll is out now, so you can decide which girls should be available in the upcoming versions of Powered Stranger:

You can vote until December 23 at 0:00 am PST (8:00 am UTC).

Please leave some feedback here or on and tell me about the reasons behind your choices.

Have a great time!

Z-Wave

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
One of the lurkers here. :) What might help also would be a Dev changelog in the OP with each new version so we have an inkling how far the game is in development and what we can expect in current content for the game. Makes me much more likely to try a game if I think there is already some story and/or sex to enjoy. :p

Edit: see it was just added, will try game soon based on that.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
cool first yellow ranger story is almost done cool ode on Trui tran.✞ aka Trin.
yes i am a total fan off the PR series i have almost all seasons

May 7, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just as the first and second update, I really enjoyed this update, but I have to say, you should tone down a bit the self-praise that the MC indulges (i.e great one brain, how did you do that brain? all the brain praise, etc.). I can understand that those moments are for comedic purposes, but if you keep using them the joke might get stale after a while. I did enjoy, some of the hints that are spread throughout the dialogues that serve to romance the interacting characters (Kim and Trin).

Now as for the matter for getting more traffic that's a bit difficult. For starters, you already have the issue of visibility with Patreon, in regards to adult content which is immediately set invisible upon using the search function of the site, that already makes it hard for Patrons and followers (potential Patrons) to find, follow and pledge to you. You already, kind off, circumvented that issue (Patreon visibility) by using pirate sites, though now what you require is to have patience and keep exposing your work and track record (not going MIA, sticking to a delivery schedule or using a track bar, keeping your Patrons informed). If you do want to try stuff that might help you get traffic, you could always try picarto.tv to stream yourself drawing content, get a twitter account and set up a Discord server, plus the use of these services will help to create a strong sense of community. Other things you could try to do for traffic are, try to get ahold of lewdgamer.com (they have their site and Twitter to contact them) to get coverage for your game (not required but it helps, though there are fees involved), follow on twitter other adult content creators (it makes you more visible on Twitter and subsequently it increases your chances of appearing on the recommended feed for followers of said adult content creators), and lastly do cross-promotion (ask for a popular Dev to promote your game on a Patreon post and you do the same in return). I will end this by stating the following, if you indeed end up committing to any of the more social-oriented services I recommended to you, you will have to become more engaging (it doesn't mean replying to every user, but from time to time), which means more work for you (sometimes worthy and other times not so worthy, it depends on the level of engagement that could be fruitful to you or not), plus you become more open of receiving critique (negative or positive).

Z-Wave

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
@Foxial Kidsia Thanks for your question. Yes, Kim's story is completed, so if you perform well, you can have sex with her. Choose the right answers and you will succeed (or become a patron and read the walkthrough for an easy way out ;-)). It shouldn't be too hard though, just be nice and try stuff.

@Paranoid_android I'm very grateful that you sat down to write that extensive feedback! I'll check on your ideas and probably end up doing all of them. Discord is on my roadmap anyway, but Twitter , picarto.tv, lewdgamer.com, cross-promotion etc. didn't cross my mind yet. Thanks a ton for that! Also thank you for your feedback regarding the self-praise dialogue. I'll go through it and see for myself if there's a better way to rephrase parts of it so the humor doesn't rely too heavily on brain-jokes.

To everyone: Prepare for an updated GUI by tomorrow. It looks fucking awesome in my humble opinion (very humble indeed).

Z-Wave

May 7, 2017
Hey @Z-Wave you should really get the Developer tag, just ask any of the Staff/Moderators for that matter (using private messages, the @ + Moderator's name inside a thread and or leaving a message on their profiles). If you are not sure who and which of them are online, check the homepage and at the top corner you will see a column of the Staff online.

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
@Foxial Kidsia Thanks for your question. Yes, Kim's story is completed, so if you perform well, you can have sex with her. Choose the right answers and you will succeed (or become a patron and read the walkthrough for an easy way out ;-)). It shouldn't be too hard though, just be nice and try stuff.

@Paranoid_android I'm very grateful that you sat down to write that extensive feedback! I'll check on your ideas and probably end up doing all of them. Discord is on my roadmap anyway, but Twitter , picarto.tv, lewdgamer.com, cross-promotion etc. didn't cross my mind yet. Thanks a ton for that! Also thank you for your feedback regarding the self-praise dialogue. I'll go through it and see for myself if there's a better way to rephrase parts of it so the humor doesn't rely too heavily on brain-jokes.

To everyone: Prepare for an updated GUI by tomorrow. It looks fucking awesome in my humble opinion (very humble indeed).

Z-Wave

I can't afford to be a patron. tell me you'll at least give us the walkthrough once the game is completed.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I can't afford to be a patron. tell me you'll at least give us the walkthrough once the game is completed.
The game really isn't that difficult, it plays closer to a VN than anything else so you just have to make the right choices. If the girl reacts poorly roll back and choose another option, that's one of the good things about Ren'Py titles.
If the game gets more complex then a fan-made walkthrough would probably turn up if the Patreon version doesn't occasionally leak here (sorry Z-Wave but you know what we're like lol). But right now it's fair for Z-Wave to keep some stuff for Patrons, gotta have something to bait in support.
Seriously though, you don't need one yet.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes