VN Ren'Py Abandoned Powered Stranger [v0.71] [Z-Wave]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
haven't checked back on this one in a while, came back to find it abandoned, god i hate that so many great games on here get abandoned after some time, it's such a disappointment and waste of potential

Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
One must pick up the mantle, and start anew.
Wasn't he the artist?

he got attacked by racist trolls.
That isn't a good excuse tbh, unless he was attacked irl, any insult over the internet is resolved as simply as blocking the person, we are not 14yo on twitter/tumblr, mostly considering any of us who watched the original power rangers should be used to that kind of people, for example the yellow ranger is asian, the black is black and we aren't offended by them.

Jul 9, 2018
problem is, his reputation got destroyed as the trolls managed to influence his patreons, hitting the patreon count hard.
and ultimately demotivating him to continue working on the game.

Reactions: ich0 and Furyous D

Zer0x J360

Dec 22, 2017
problem is, his reputation got destroyed as the trolls managed to influence his patreons, hitting the patreon count hard.
and ultimately demotivating him to continue working on the game.
Dang, that sucks, i was really enjoying the game, yet knowing the reason to it's discontinuation really get's your nerve.

I mean we don't know what's behind the scenes of any game developer, yet seeing internet trolls, literally destroyed the dev's whole reputation, who prior to the trolling, might think that this could actually be a viable job/career, sucks alot.

Reactions: Furyous D

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
I real wish someone will pick this game back up, or make another Parody about the Power Rangers. It was the only one about them sadly, also shocking!! :/
if the developer gave permission i wouldn't mind trying to continue this story, i am an artist myself and my specialty is replicating others work so i am confident i could match the style of the art in this game, story on the other hand is not my specialty so i wouldn't know where to begin to extend the current story or flesh out my own original story (as much as i really want to make my own Power Rangers based parody game) so it would def take ages for me to even finish off the current storyline let alone make ones for the other rangers (i really do like the plot of this game and would love to give my own take on it but it would just take way too long to do soo)

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
...dude this game was pure nostalgia, a time machine well done, and really fun to read... i hope the dev is ahaving a wonderfull life

with that said i read above that someone have the idea of make a remake ...what stop you? just do it.

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017
Not to be a downer, but that post was made back in August, though they were saying they were trying to get back in contact with their artist, as well as concerned that their source files weren't compatible with the current version of renpy, or something to that extent. I mean, I'd like this game to come back, but if it comes back at all, we might have to expect a total revamp.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes