• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Power Vacuum: Fan art and Assets

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I think it's just the fact that Sterling gets plenty of coverage in the main game.

The fact that some of us can relate more to the bald, ugly, dirty old bastard is just a coincidence...
Good point but... I doubt I will ever look that bad until at least somewhere beyond 100! LOL... I actually created a character that looks closer to how I do and even posted the renders with him in them in the years since I joined. I just won't say which they were. :p I've done a couple sneaky posts over the years I won't say what I did. :devilish:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just a quick one, was testing out Ophelia as a G3 character.
View attachment 3271533
Very nice! I like G3. Don't let the numbers fool you, G3 and G8 are only one version apart. G8 is actually G4, which sort of changes ones perspective. G3 was a massive improvement over G2, from what I have seen. G8 is nice, I can't stand G8.1, something about the controls. And G9 hasn't been around enough for my liking, still uncertain about it.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Very nice! I like G3. Don't let the numbers fool you, G3 and G8 are only one version apart. G8 is actually G4, which sort of changes ones perspective. G3 was a massive improvement over G2, from what I have seen. G8 is nice, I can't stand G8.1, something about the controls. And G9 hasn't been around enough for my liking, still uncertain about it.
Not even sure why they brought out 8.1, maybe to try and boost sales or something, and yeah i am not a fan or G9, some good outfits but i don't like the character models.

Reactions: Night Hacker

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Lol don't start that!

It would be more accurate to say G3 is actually G7. The "3" is the misnomer that caused confusion all over the place and was arguably inaccurate to begin with. G3 and V7 are the conjoined models. And the whole progression has always been driven by the Victoria line (which is now on its 9th in the series). Genesis came in as the 5th version in the line with a bit of a rebuild. It was okay because it had no number and it was paired with V5 (and often thought of as 5 as well). G2 was so short-lived it didn't really count.

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Lol don't start that!

It would be more accurate to say G3 is actually G7. The "3" is the misnomer that caused confusion all over the place and was arguably inaccurate to begin with. G3 and V7 are the conjoined models. And the whole progression has always been driven by the Victoria line (which is now on its 9th in the series). Genesis came in as the 5th version in the line with a bit of a rebuild. It was okay because it had no number and it was paired with V5 (and often thought of as 5 as well). G2 was so short-lived it didn't really count.
No, Victoria was not based on Genesis as I bought an early Victoria model in the Early 2000s for Poser when Genesis did not exist. They changed the version number to Genesis 8 rather than Genesis 4 to match Victoria, but Gensis 8 is the 4th version of the Genesis line.

This is a walking animation I created back in 2002 using Poser (3 or 4 I think) using an early Victoria model (I forget which version off hand) long before there was a Genesis.... so no, G3 is not G7. G8 is G4 as it is the forth version of Genesis. Period.

blondewalk.gif

Reactions: WhiteWolf619

redle

Apr 12, 2017
No, Victoria was not based on Genesis as I bought an early Victoria model in the Early 2000s for Poser when Genesis did not exist. They changed the version number to Genesis 8 rather than Genesis 4 to match Victoria, but Gensis 8 is the 4th version of the Genesis line.

This is a walking animation I created back in 2002 using Poser (3 or 4 I think) using an early Victoria model (I forget which version off hand) long before there was a Genesis.... so no, G3 is not G7. G8 is G4 as it is the forth version of Genesis. Period.

View attachment 3309531
You misunderstood me. I said that victoria was the originator (what came first) and that genesis was a spawn off of its generational versions. I also mentioned that Genesis first came into existence during the 5th generation of the series (meaning there were 4 generations before there was ever anything called Genesis.

I understood your whole initial point that G3 and G8 are one generation apart. It is certainly a valid one (I did like the original post). But the unsynchronized numbers of the G2-V6 and G3-V7 created a lot of confusion during their time as primary products. And misunderstandings of how they related to V2 and V3.

My comment was saying don't get us back into that mess of mismatched generational numbers by thinking of anything as G4. Daz and company is now on their 9th generation of people-models. Whether one is talking Victoria, Michael, Genesis, or a newly spawned, never-before-existed person model stick with the timeline as Daz realized it needed. G3 was the Genesis version of the 7th generation of person models (even if there were not 7 generations of a product with the codename Genesis). If Daz could go back in time and rename the products before they were ever released then G2 would be G6 and G3 would be G7. It is Genesis in the 7th generation of products.

Have a different preference if you wish. It is just as valid a thought as mine. But it creates misunderstandings and confusion about how products are paired, among other things. My initial comment was more in jest because it was a nightmare of confusion back then and you brought back those thoughts.

But enough of drifting far off thread.

Last edited: