Others Completed Po Po Porom [v0.1.5] [Aquile del rosa]

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
So good news, i fixed the code, i got really better at coding lol.
Now i think po porom will be a game game, there is special power on first mini-game and even a boss, i will not take too much time to post it tho, so in at least 3 days i should be posting the update, i rlly just need to tweak the second mini-game and tweak animation, draw animations sucks more than draw normal cg

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys, for once i decided to do a video about the devlopment.
There is a couple of things but i fucked up the code so what i want to show i couldnt unfortunally, not yet.
So there are somethings i forgo to say, basicly now we have an arcade like system, that saves your score, a progressive changing the main menu (defeting minigame 1 and 2 will change the main menu) and stupidly i also forgo to show, bc i dont think is a major thing, actually is bc there wasnt before, he have an animated pause screen yey!

(I tried to embed, but was too large for put directly here)

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hey guys! update finally!
i changed all the links;

Changelog:
- Quality of life (full score + save)
- Power mechanics
- Remade some cgi, i forgot to put a specific old one, but i will put it tomorrow.

- END

I could figure it of how to fix game 2 farm minigame, but ...
Bad vibes moment, im passing throught a very hard moment in my life, thats why i pushed this update as soon as possible, if u guys want to help im running comissions just 15 usd, but i can do for less, so show up on my discord and i do for less with crypto.
post of the comission:
https://f95zone.to/threads/looking-for-freelance-comissions-or-long-term-contract.191272/

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Hey guys! update finally!
i changed all the links;

Changelog:
- Quality of life (full score + save)
- Power mechanics
- Remade some cgi, i forgot to put a specific old one, but i will put it tomorrow.

- END

I could figure it of how to fix game 2 farm minigame, but ...
Bad vibes moment, im passing throught a very hard moment in my life, thats why i pushed this update as soon as possible, if u guys want to help im running comissions just 15 usd, but i can do for less, so show up on my discord and i do for less with crypto.
post of the comission:
https://f95zone.to/threads/looking-for-freelance-comissions-or-long-term-contract.191272/
Glad to see you haven't given up. (y)

Reactions: Aquiledelrosa

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Tried to play the game. The menu seemed to work normally, but when I pressed the button to start the game, nothing happened. The button to exit the game worked normally.

This happened while using wine to start it on a Linux machine, so it’s probably not an error in the game itself. Does mean that I cannot review it, though.

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Tried to play the game. The menu seemed to work normally, but when I pressed the button to start the game, nothing happened. The button to exit the game worked normally.

This happened while using wine to start it on a Linux machine, so it’s probably not an error in the game itself. Does mean that I cannot review it, though.
Download again please, this was a wrong code in the last version

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hey guys, i want to say this genuine, thank you so much for playing my game.
Idk if i can improve it to a point where it will be an amazing game like no man sky did, but i will do a little, everyday.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Download again please, this was a wrong code in the last version
It works now.

The game is quite adorable. Seems to be pretty much the same basic loop as last time: Go around, eat everything, hope it isn’t randomly poison. (Or is there a way to tell which slime piece is poison or healing?) Likewise, I’m not quite sure how the enemies differ from each other.

I love the short intro animation when you start the game, but I’ve always liked them. "Spread like wildfire" also seems like a hint at possible future lore for the character/world.

The temporary boost you can trigger every few steps is a good mechanic. It introduces a very slight element of strategy into the game.

The character itself is adorable, though I think a few lines of text from her might make it more immersive. Even something simple like "Another floor?" or "When will it end?" when she descends to the next level might improve it. Perhaps something simpler like "More food?" or similar if you are going for a more feral character.

Otherwise, perhaps something to add more strategy to it? There are a lot of rogue-likes, and you can have a look at any of them for more inspiration. Perhaps tiles that do something if the player or an enemy step on them?

The enemies can be much more difficult if the player can retreat towards a healing mushroom, or lure enemies towards a poison or fire mushroom. Stuff like that.

Other than that, more abilities beyond the super mode, and obviously different enemies with different attacks might be neat.

Overall, I like it.

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
It works now.

The game is quite adorable. Seems to be pretty much the same basic loop as last time: Go around, eat everything, hope it isn’t randomly poison. (Or is there a way to tell which slime piece is poison or healing?) Likewise, I’m not quite sure how the enemies differ from each other.

I love the short intro animation when you start the game, but I’ve always liked them. "Spread like wildfire" also seems like a hint at possible future lore for the character/world.

The temporary boost you can trigger every few steps is a good mechanic. It introduces a very slight element of strategy into the game.

The character itself is adorable, though I think a few lines of text from her might make it more immersive. Even something simple like "Another floor?" or "When will it end?" when she descends to the next level might improve it. Perhaps something simpler like "More food?" or similar if you are going for a more feral character.

Otherwise, perhaps something to add more strategy to it? There are a lot of rogue-likes, and you can have a look at any of them for more inspiration. Perhaps tiles that do something if the player or an enemy step on them?

The enemies can be much more difficult if the player can retreat towards a healing mushroom, or lure enemies towards a poison or fire mushroom. Stuff like that.

Other than that, more abilities beyond the super mode, and obviously different enemies with different attacks might be neat.

Overall, I like it.
Okay thx for the feedback, i will work on this.
Tbh i was thinking in giving the dungeon mini game and just focus on the farming one, but lets do something cool, lets make this a real good game.
It may take sometime, but not a lot, not like it took to this lol.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RoughlySpecific

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Right, the farming mini-game you mentioned might be fun, too. If that is already in the game, I haven’t found it, which is why I didn’t mention it. You’ll have to decide which part to focus on, I suppose.

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
end.png

Hey guys i want first Thanks you that look to this thread, different than in fap-nation, no one here told me to kill myself just bc the drawing wasnt great.
For all sakes the game is done, i will put a minigame one day, but i probably wont update this thread anymore.
I learn a lot with this game, A LOT! and i know that i couldnt do the best in it.
But i wont stop gamedeving/drawing, im doing a vampire clone (over//born) that i plan to finish the alpha one day if i dont die soon.
Well, u guys are amazing, thanks for the cheering, and some even hating have gived me good feedback to improve.
Im sorry for not giving you a masterpiece with this, but i wont lie i never fully commited to the project not bc i dont want but was a bad choice this.
a very bad choice everything in po porom, since the name to have female protag ( i hate it ) to the UI everything out of touch.
anyways please give a chance for my other projects, anyways is free and i wont put a virus or paywall or whatever, in the end i want just to make good things, and sometimes i will fail, pb 99% of the time i will fail, but there will be the 1% that will be the good i want to do!
Have a great one!

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
I want to highlight some names and thanks directly for being in this journey!
RoughlySpecific thank you so much, i have seen you on my notifications since a long time, thanks buddy!
YouShallNotLol thank you too for being with the project for a long time buddy!
swolechic isnt here anymore but was for a lot of time.

This is as genuine i can be, im trully greatfull for the help guys.
Hope can see u guys on the next ride!

swolechic

Dec 3, 2018
I want to highlight some names and thanks directly for being in this journey!
RoughlySpecific thank you so much, i have seen you on my notifications since a long time, thanks buddy!
YouShallNotLol thank you too for being with the project for a long time buddy!
swolechic isnt here anymore but was for a lot of time.

This is as genuine i can be, im trully greatfull for the help guys.
Hope can see u guys on the next ride!
Gonna be honest can't remember why i'm getting a shoutout but looking forward to your next project :D

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys, so the people that bought po po porom will get key for my next project Over//born
Ppl that havent bought np too, i will post it here on f95, probably :3

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys, i refuse to let this as a shit, im not trying to scam u into a bad product.
I took some weeks to think heavilly, my life is in dip shit rn, tbh it was in the past too, thats why i took so long to do a simple update.
Im taking fapnation criticism into matter, i will try to improve the art.
I will revamp the itens and gameplay to dungeon mode.
Will finally fix the code of the slime farm.
And i think a fnaf mode just for lulz?
After that i will move to my others projects, that is very advanced, i learned a lot with Over//born coding, i also want to do monster taming game
Again i wont give a date, i will work on it while i have sometime, and i genuine doubt there is people look forward to it, but yeah, i will fix this in at least an enjoyable game!
Lets see how much time it will take to i get this goal...
If anyone see this, and want to give a take on what should i do, be free to do it, is true i shouldnt have made this, the game is a mistake, and i genuine hate female mc, sayed all that idk how the fuck to improve a product that i dont like to beging with, but yeah i will take my time on this, i recycle many of the code that i learn so isnt going to be a waste of time at all.

Reactions: swolechic