VN Others Completed Play with Us! [Ep. 2] [Palmer]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
flash_698599_largest_crop.png

Overview:
I've always wanted to do a game in the style of Hizashi no Naka no Riaru, except with a focus on character development and story. Episode 1 of PWU is nearly complete and is our first attempt at combining the genre of visual novels with more interactive sex scenes than is usually seen in these types of games. Due to the complexity of the game, we've focused on developing almost a proof of concept in this episode, meaning it's shorter than we'd like and contains less focus on character development. However, all progress made from each episode is saved and continues in the next release. If the game proves a success and people like the concept, Patreon provides us with the opportunity to continue working on the series and deliver longer, more complex episodes with deeper branching story lines. The game is of course uncensored.​

Thread Updated: 2020-03-13
Release Date: 2017-12-01
Developer: Palmer -
Censored: No
Version: Episode 2
Platform: Windows
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Instructions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Episode 1: - - -
Episode 2: - - -

Extra:
Thanks to RazorX for the walkthrough, OhWee & BaasB for the game!

(m=eaAaGwObaaaa)(mh=KuEWYTbkdePf7zYV)9.jpg 460504-v3.jpg hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
Has anyone managed to get past the shower minigame without getting caught?

EDIT: nvm, it just takes a while for the shower to end

Last edited:
Reactions: tossler

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yes. Watch the heartbeat in the upper right corner. When it starts to turn red and beat faster, hide!! When it slows down and turns white, peek again. But watch that heartbeat!!

Reactions: jovanny

Ted

Daddy
Aug 17, 2016
game ends after blowjob right..there was text for other scenes..

JohnRobinson

Aug 5, 2016
It sounds like a lot has been changed, sounds better...

Most Patreons seem basically to be paying to be beta testers...

Reactions: if95

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
I just realized something.

If you go to the old link....

He didn't block it or place any login on it. So he updated that link to "Alpha 0.2".
No word on the whole changing step-sister thing though

Reactions: moszter

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
ugh cancel on the "find". That is the old Demo just with some added updates and bug fixes.

bleh

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016

Hey guys, Tracy here.

Last week, I posted about the “concrete goals” we have for the complete version of episode 2.

These “concrete goals” are things that are easily identifiable, tangible things that you can put on a checklist and mark them off as you complete them, and when we’re done, we can look back and very clearly see whether we succeeded in including them. Did we increase the number of sex scenes? Did we add a new character? These are all very binary questions: either they’re there or they’re not.

In this week’s post, I’d like to talk the other changes we’re making to episode 2, the things that aren’t so concrete. Some examples of this would be:

• How does each scene “flow” into the next? Do we have effective transitions?
  • How “realistic” does each scene feel? Does the behavior of the characters and the way they talk feel stilted in a way that takes the player out of the scene?
  • Does each ending feel “rewarding?” Does the player feel like the choices that they make matter?
These are just some of the things that I try to address in the script revision.

Unlike the “concrete goals,” which are very clear, tangible things that are either there or not, some of these can be more subjective. For example, one scene might feel “unrealistic” to one player, while other players might play the exact same scene and have no problem with it. Sometimes, a transition sort of makes sense, but it leaves some people feeling a bit confused.

It’s helpful for us to look at these “intangibles,” because a lot of the time, these intangibles can define what our concrete goals are. For example, one reason that we decided to increase the number of endings (and add new sex scenes for BOTH Anna and Emma) is that many players felt that they were being “punished” for not behaving in a specific way. Adding more endings creates more ways for people to feel like their choices are “valid” while making each ending feel like it’s specific to the choices that the player made.

By the way, this is one of those places where player feedback is helpful to us, so thanks to everyone who’s given feedback so far, and we hope that you’ll continue to tell us about the specific parts of the game that you like or dislike when we put out the new version of episode 2.

In the end, a lot of our “intangible” goals became the more concrete goals that we talked about in last week’s post. However, there are also some other things we wanted to include, which have become more like “guiding principles” than actual goals. Things like:

• We want to include a larger variety of settings/locations
  • The player should feel a clear sense of “progression,” both in terms of time passing in the game, and the player’s relationships with different characters moving forward
  • How to approach “build-up” when it comes to sexy endings: players should feel rewarded for getting these endings, and the endings should feel “justified” by the events of the story and the choices that the player took to get there
  • Each character’s endings (and the scenes that get us to that point) should match that character’s behavior, attitude, and personality.
When I started writing this post, I originally titled it “the small stuff,” as a lot of these changes feel “minor” compared to the more concrete changes we’re making, like adding a new character, and increasing the number of endings. However, a lot of these things require us to revisit old scenes, and in some cases significantly revise them. Thus, the total amount of work that goes into an update can’t just be measured in terms of the number of “new” scenes that get added, but old scenes that have to be reworked as well. These “small changes” are sometimes one of the most time-consuming parts of the process. We appreciate everyone who’s continuing to support us as we continue to make the episode 2 release the best it can be!

- Tracy out

Reactions: bushweed

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
While I am glad to see that there are more and more game developers looking at the mechanics, and trying to get it right, that should follow some sort of release. I had forgotten this game existed until this thread updated. Like Kasey mentioned, there hasn't been an update on this in months. A good game with slick graphics, but at the pace it was on this should be about complete by now.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes