VN Others Completed Play with Us! [Ep. 2] [Palmer]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Indeed, what is the most meaningful = not even a status update "Im well", which make ever a stark effect, something most do not understand ?

IoriHCH

Aug 18, 2016
I think most of patrons support Palmer's work is because "Emily: Sister Attraction"...
ESA is Palmer's first game, it's free and good, you can download it from patreon page.
So...I think there are many fans wait for ESA sequel and Play with US!

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hmm, no matter the updates I do, I always get this message " your system cannot run 3.0 shaders. Please, update your GPU drivers and DirectX. " The game crashes all the time and doesn't open. Did someone had the same issue? My PC Specs are : Intel Core i5 @1,70GHz, 8.0 GB RAM and INTEL HD Graphics 4000.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
[QUOTE="INTEL HD Graphics 4000.[/QUOTE]

I...I... uhm please tell me you are on a laptop from 2006 or something? if not your other specs are not bad however you can easely get a decent gpu to support any of these games just buy a cheap gtx 560 or 570 somewhere I can guarantee
the chances of errors popping in term of grapics or shaders will not happen. If you are on a laptop however you are totally screwed and understandable that you are stuck on said graphics. Just helping you out here on some tip's

Impaler

May 18, 2017
Been having similar issues as the dude above, but I should be able to run things, I think. Sorry for the bump to this old, un-updated crap.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Processor Speed: 2304 MHz
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Shader Version: 5.1
OpenGL* Version: 4.4
OpenCL* Version: 2.0

* Microsoft DirectX* *
Runtime Version: 12.0
Hardware-Supported Version: 12.0

U

User_10739

Emily 1 released Oct 2016, PWU2 demo updated Nov 2016, A very short Emily 2 released late May 2017. If you worked for somebody and this is all you had to show for the money you were being paid how long do you think you would be employed?

Reactions: fz

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Emily 1 released Oct 2016, PWU2 demo updated Nov 2016, A very short Emily 2 released late May 2017. If you worked for somebody and this is all you had to show for the money you were being paid how long do you think you would be employed?
ah ok, (i don't keep up with the release dates and stuff)

U

User_10739

I was just looking at Mr.ZZ patreon (of The Gift fame) and Palmer is trying to hire him to do renders. So it looks even worse...

Reactions: fz

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
I was just looking at Mr.ZZ patreon (of The Gift fame) and Palmer is trying to hire him to do renders. So it looks even worse...
yeah, been in Dev for HOW long and just now trying to hire somebody to help him?

killablue

Apr 30, 2017
Well looking at Palmer's latest post, they are trying to hire a 3d artist for a new project hence why they are reaching out to other people

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I played the first Emily AIF a while ago and quite enjoyed it and when I found out he had a patreon page I even supported him. But when I got access to all his posts and old versions I immediately quit.
Considering the time his games are in development (and people are supporting him) the games are ridiculously short. He always says that they are aiming for the highest quality (which imho isn't true especially for the PWU game, for someone who supposedly cares for an intriguing story, the writing is not that good, which is strange, because Emily had a pretty decent plot and dialogue) and that they are working nonstop. That might be true, but as a patreon I'm not really interested in his time but the games I'm actually able to play. And in this regard they just deliver way too little.
IMO patreon pages like that just show that there aren't many good adult developers out there. Just look at BB, he basically just has pretty pictures without animations, the game itself is not very good, yet he makes like 30000 a month. Imagine a group of 3 or 4 talented developers. They could probably become millionaires within a couple of years.
This may sound like I have no idea about developing a game and how much time it takes, which is true. However I can judge the games and compare them to other games and developers, who deliver much more in less time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arap12 and fz

fz

Jun 16, 2017
Still nothing and making nearly $8k a month, Palmer is the poster boy of everything that is wrong with patreon!!!
This!

I also hate it when the developers are working on multiple projects and even mixes them on the same patreon account. I want to support a project, not a person!

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes