• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Not an abandoned project - a completed project. I finished the game several years ago and it's as done as I ever really intended it to be. I am sorry to hear you couldn't get it working, though.

When it comes to the technical issues getting it to run on Mac, unfortunately there's just not really anything I'd be able to do about it; it's a problem with the engine and the fact that Mac just doesn't support that kind of thing very well any more.
He means the mac runner is abandoned not the game.

hrmf

Sep 15, 2016
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I meant the ADRIFT runner for mac/linux seems to be abandoned. I think you did a fantastic job on PAL, cheers for actually completing it!

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I meant the ADRIFT runner for mac/linux seems to be abandoned. I think you did a fantastic job on PAL, cheers for actually completing it!
Thank you for saying so!

Reactions: hrmf

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Is it possible to have Iku join during Masami's date where she stands guard?
Yes, there is a bit at the end where it can happen. I think maybe you have to interact with Iku a few different ways in the scene first, and you have to have had sex with Iku already before the Masami scene, and then it triggers (I can't remember the exact triggers, though).

Reactions: nazgarD

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
so how do I use the harem code? im literally confused and it doesnt work. please help
you win the game several times, getting one letter per each ending unlocked. (you can save scum when choosing the ending from those unlocked in this run)

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
so how do I use the harem code? im literally confused and it doesnt work. please help
you win the game several times, getting one letter per each ending unlocked. (you can save scum when choosing the ending from those unlocked in this run)
Correct, then you enter the code at the start screen so you can start a new harem run, which changes some things.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Trying another tack, since I can't figure out how to reset the stupid thing to the defaults: here's a screenshot of what's going on. Somehow the graphics ended up on the top left, the map is now a floating popup thing, and the text is near the botom right-- not quite below the graphics, but not actually next to it either. How the hell do I get the graphics to go back where they belong?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It looks like the graphics are now in-line with the text, rather than in a separate window. I think there might be a setting for this in one of the menus?

You also should be able to drag windows, like the map, around and place them in the main window again (I think). It's been a long time since I played around with that and I can't find any documentation on where the settings are stored to be deleted; I suspect somewhere in User/AppData or something like that.

Reactions: buff

buff

May 29, 2017
You also should be able to drag windows, like the map, around and place them in the main window again (I think). It's been a long time since I played around with that and I can't find any documentation on where the settings are stored to be deleted; I suspect somewhere in User/AppData or something like that.
I'm good now. I couldn't drag the window, but I eventually monkey-slapped the buttons enough that I was able to get it sorted out. Glad you moved away from this engine on PAT!

Reactions: BBBen

buff

May 29, 2017
The biggest pain point I have right now is that the tab key is used for text completion (which is important if you don't want to spend all your time consulting lists of words), but every time you use it, it *also* changes focus out of the text pane. it's absolutely infuriating.

I think as long as I avoid the sex scenes the user interface is mostly do-able. I fumbled around for like 10 minutes trying to seggs the first girl who seemed DTF, and I has having 80s Zork PTSD ("I don't know how to remove clothing", etc etc). Ugh. Hopefully future scenes are more voyeuristic so I can enjoy the scene without having to fuck around with the interface.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
The biggest pain point I have right now is that the tab key is used for text completion (which is important if you don't want to spend all your time consulting lists of words), but every time you use it, it *also* changes focus out of the text pane. it's absolutely infuriating.
Personally, I recommend turning off auto-complete altogether and simply using abbreviated commands. You can use n e s w for moving around, and the commands tend to have a short version that will work for other frequently used phrases.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Is there any important audio in this game? Can't figure out how to turn off the bgm that I dislike so I'm going to turn off system audio.

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes