• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

buff

May 29, 2017
Personally, I recommend turning off auto-complete altogether and simply using abbreviated commands. You can use n e s w for moving around, and the commands tend to have a short version that will work for other frequently used phrases.

I'll likely go that route once I get familiar with the commands and the various names, but I'm far from there yet.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Unfortunately, some of these are issues with bugs in the ADRIFT 5.0 engine which I was therefore unable to fix. When I got into the game's development it was still being actively updated, but the dev for ADRIFT abandoned it during my development and so I had to live with some bug issues.

I completed development on the game in 2018 having addressed every known issue I could at the time, so it's probably about as refined as it's going to get at this point.
I looked it up and adrift is currently in development here

the latest update to adrift 5 was released on 12 sept 2020 and is version 5.0.36
which is 2 years after this game was finished.

the version before it was from 3 June 2016. so indeed it looks like it was abandoned for a while there.
might want to check if the latest version fixed those issues you couldn't fix before. and if not to report them on that site, as it might yet get fixed upstream.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I looked it up and adrift is currently in development here

the latest update to adrift 5 was released on 12 sept 2020 and is version 5.0.36
which is 2 years after this game was finished.

the version before it was from 3 June 2016. so indeed it looks like it was abandoned for a while there.
might want to check if the latest version fixed those issues you couldn't fix before. and if not to report them on that site, as it might yet get fixed upstream.
I wouldn't call it active development just from having one small update a couple of years ago, I'm afraid. (No, that update doesn't fix the significant issues I'm concerned about.) I or others had indeed reported the problems years ago and I've even corresponded with the developer before a fair bit; he's a nice guy and helpful, but he sort of disappears from the Adrift community for years on end so operating system software is leaving the engine further and further behind in terms of support.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I wouldn't call it active development just from having one small update a couple of years ago, I'm afraid. (No, that update doesn't fix the significant issues I'm concerned about.) I or others had indeed reported the problems years ago and I've even corresponded with the developer before a fair bit; he's a nice guy and helpful, but he sort of disappears from the Adrift community for years on end so operating system software is leaving the engine further and further behind in terms of support.
fair enough, and thank you.

Reactions: BBBen

buff

May 29, 2017
So, it seems like a major disaster when you fail a skill check during sex. Apparently for some insane reason you can't reroll- you will fail it forever, and that content is simply blocked off. That's bad enough if, say, you fail a mouth check and there is no way to get Iku to cum, but now I appear ot be stuck in the Dimly Lit Hallway forever because I failed a hand check (can't play with Ai's pussy) and it won't let me do anything else.

I mean, I guess there are worse ways to spend eternity than kissing/rubbing tits-and-ass on a hot blonde, but owww the eternal blueballs.....

Anyone know how to advance the Ai scene if rubbing pussy doesn't work?

Edit: Of all things, having Ai rub her own pussy advanced the scene. Or maybe it was a cumulative amount of sex actions? No idea.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
So, it seems like a major disaster when you fail a skill check during sex. Apparently for some insane reason you can't reroll- you will fail it forever, and that content is simply blocked off. That's bad enough if, say, you fail a mouth check and there is no way to get Iku to cum, but now I appear ot be stuck in the Dimly Lit Hallway forever because I failed a hand check (can't play with Ai's pussy) and it won't let me do anything else.

I mean, I guess there are worse ways to spend eternity than kissing/rubbing tits-and-ass on a hot blonde, but owww the eternal blueballs.....

Edit: Of all things, having Ai rub her own pussy advanced the scene. Or maybe it was a cumulative amount of sex actions? No idea.
It's a cumulative number of sex actions; I don't think the check failing holds you up at all, it just needs you to try enough things.

After release I've sort of discovered that a lot of players don't necessarily realise or automatically try a lot of the possible sex acts, which is why that particular scene tends to trip people up from time to time.

Reactions: buff

buff

May 29, 2017
After release I've sort of discovered that a lot of players don't necessarily realise or automatically try a lot of the possible sex acts, which is why that particular scene tends to trip people up from time to time.
I think the problem is that the game tells you that we're walking down a hall, presumably to a nice place to fuck, so it is logical to think about that in terms of 'we need to walk a little further'. I suggest that instead of letting 'north' lie about movement, you have 'north' instead say something hintful like "With Ai's tendency to vanish when she goes around a corner, I really want to get her aroused before we walk too much more". That should hint players into what the actual current objective is. The root problem is the game lying when you say 'north'.

buff

May 29, 2017
What's the actual unlock criteria for a sex scene? I have a maid at 100 lust and nothing yet. Does love need to be 100 as well?

Ai clearly has a different mechanic, but not sure how it would work for Masami and/or Rio. Rio, at least, can take potions but with Masami it seems like you can only increase love (and even then it's dicey, since it won't tell you her stats).

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
What's the actual unlock criteria for a sex scene? I have a maid at 100 lust and nothing yet. Does love need to be 100 as well?

Ai clearly has a different mechanic, but not sure how it would work for Masami and/or Rio. Rio, at least, can take potions but with Masami it seems like you can only increase love (and even then it's dicey, since it won't tell you her stats).
Maids need love and lust at 100 each. Masami needs love to be 100, but she's trickier to impress and you need to be more attuned to how she's feeling. Rio sets you little tasks she expects you to complete in addition to getting her love to 100. Ai needs: (spoilers)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

buff

May 29, 2017
Maids need love and lust at 100 each. Masami needs love to be 100, but she's trickier to impress and you need to be more attuned to how she's feeling. Rio sets you little tasks she expects you to complete in addition to getting her love to 100. Ai needs: (spoilers)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah. I've given up on the Rio quests, because the first one-- "give every girl a night action"-- didn't complete, even after I've had every girl visit my room at least once.

Ai was no problem, I think I must have hit that threshold naturally. Trying to go where I'm not supposed to go is kind of second nature in games, I guess.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Ah. I've given up on the Rio quests, because the first one-- "give every girl a night action"-- didn't complete, even after I've had every girl visit my room at least once.
You probably had completed the task, but not passed the love threshold for the next Rio unlock. She needs both.

buff

May 29, 2017
You probably had completed the task, but not passed the love threshold for the next Rio unlock. She needs both.
Interesting. Be cool if the game acknowledged the quest as complete, but then held off on issuing the next one Having a thing that says "you need to do X" makes you think you're not X'ing hard enough, and waste a lot of turns trying to sort that out.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Interesting. Be cool if the game acknowledged the quest as complete, but then held off on issuing the next one Having a thing that says "you need to do X" makes you think you're not X'ing hard enough, and waste a lot of turns trying to sort that out.
Yes, it probably should have been a bit clearer. Some things in the game are deliberately unclear (Ai and Masami's paths, for example), but not Rio's goals.

Reactions: buff

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

This is why I recommend first raising all your stats to 4 in a balanced manner. so you stop failing sex checks

buff

May 29, 2017
This is why I recommend first raising all your stats to 4 in a balanced manner. so you stop failing sex checks
Yeah, always hard to guess what to grind in a harem game. Some games reward you for focusing on the girls right from the beginning, other games (like this one) punish you for the same thing. It'd be less frustrating if the game had some guidance on it, like a line in the intro saying "Once your skill level hits 4, you feel reasonably competent at sexual activities involving that body part" or whatever.

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes